Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm you think we fangirls can find a way to relieve his anxiety for a bit? :devil: Wish we could give the boy some help...

I'm just glad that Flack is getting some decent screentime this season and I thought we got insight into his character in Consequences. It showed that, in the end, he will do whatever it takes to put the bad man away, even if he hurts a friend--or himself--in the process.

He has a strong sense of right and wrong. He's a good cop--and he'd been in that situation before with Gavin Moran. Finding out one of your own was "dirty", had to be hard on him and this is the second time for that. He knew Mac was just doing his job (the same way that Flack was doing his job with Gavin) but you could see that it was still hard on him.

On a different note, I'm glad that they've finally decided to remove Danny's shadow (Lindsay) from him and separate them for a while. After Love Run Cold, I've had enough of DL for now. I'm interested to see how they write her out and if she'll go back to Montana. I'm guessing that she'll just up and leave and not tell anybody except Mac. If so, it'll be interesting to see what happenes between her and Danny when she comes back. Will he try to start up a relationship again or will he be over her?

I'm happy with this season overall. I love seeing them mix it up with the team.

He does seem to have more screen time than he had last season, which is great, but nothing that gives us much insight into his character.
Well, I thought "Consequences" gave us quite a bit of insight into Flack's character, as 1CSIMfan said. It wasn't spelled out, but it was there.

It showed that, in the end, he will do whatever it takes to put the bad man away, even if he hurts a friend--or himself--in the process.
He seems to have a very black-and-white view of right and wrong, and of where people should stand on the issue. Yes, he's a very capable detective, but there's still a certain naivety about him, a bit of idealism. He's slowly learning that the world isn't just cut-and-dry like that, but you can sense that it's hard on him to know that. He wants to believe in something better.

He's a good cop--but it's obvious that he's still a young cop. He's learned a lot, he knows a lot, and I don't mean to imply that he is ignorant in any way. But he also still has a lot to learn--in the process he'll gain a certain...what's the word...jaded view of the world. On the one hand you know he needs to get there, but at the same time you mourn his loss of innocence. There's something very pure about Flack, IMO, that makes him very interesting.

He knew Mac was just doing his job (the same way that Flack was doing his job with Gavin) but you could see that it was still hard on him.
And I really loved the contrast there, between Flack and Moran. Both were being stubborn about handing over their memo books, but for very different reasons. You know the connection wasn't lost on Don...

But this is the spoiler thread, so I'll leave that alone for now. :lol:

If so, it'll be interesting to see what happenes between her and Danny when she comes back. Will he try to start up a relationship again or will he be over her?
You don't need me to say I'm hoping he's moved on. I'm glad Danny has been more like himself lately ("Consequences" was a great episode for that, I thought ;)), and I hope that continues. Considering the way Danny acted in the earlier episodes this season when the writers were still lugging around the D/L ball and chain, I'm not sure I trust them to do the relationship well at any point. But we'll see I guess.

I'm happy with this season overall. I love seeing them mix it up with the team.
Yeah, I'm glad to see more diversity with who they're working with. That was one of my main problems with last season, some people just never seemed to work together. There have been some excellent episodes so far this season, so I hope they are an indicator of how the rest of the season will go. :)

This ep looks really good, but im still waiting for the montana's big ole secret to some out!!! Hopefully the promo for that will be good !

Ep. 12 is Lindsay's deep-dark-secret-coming-out episode right? now according to Sasha she will be on set this monday and tuesday and the ep. is schedule for december, but on epguides it says January, please tell me I don't have to wait 2 months for her deep-dark-secret ep. :confused:

The promo looks great (txs celtess).

It looks like an one case ep again or did I miss something. And Flack's angry; I wonder why.

Is this the one with some inside in Hawkes' past?

I think the Hawkes-centric episode is "Raising Shane", which is scheduled to air 11/29. Unless there's another one I don't know about??!!

MBGrissom said:
I think the Hawkes-centric episode is "Raising Shane", which is scheduled to air 11/29. Unless there's another one I don't know about??!!
OK txs. Cannot wait to get some more details about Hawkes' background.

It looks like an one case ep again or did I miss something. And Flack's angry; I wonder why.
Without seeing the episode I'd guess that it might have something to do with his hospital stay, which would be great because I'd love to see some continuity with that. :D However, it'll probably end up being something case-related, but I'll still love to see Flack lose his cool. Usually he's the level-headed one. ;)

Is this the one with some inside in Hawkes' past?
Yep, this is the hospital where Hawkes used to be a surgeon. I believe there's supposed to be a bit of a confrontation between him and someone he used to work with, but maybe it's not a 'confrontation' persay...I don't remember the specifics. :p

They seem to be airing a lot of new episodes in a row for New York. The other two shows had a repeat episode before the start of sweeps, but not NY. Are they trying to get a lot of new episodes in at once and then, later in the winter when the other shows are having new episodes, NY will have reruns? It would be a plausible way to lessen the number of episodes Lindsay is missing (by filming more episodes before she has to take maternity leave and less while she's gone), although I'm not familiar with the specifics of how this stuff works, so I don't know for sure. ;)

Without seeing the episode I'd guess that it might have something to do with his hospital stay, which would be great because I'd love to see some continuity with that. However, it'll probably end up being something case-related, but I'll still love to see Flack lose his cool. Usually he's the level-headed one.

I thought about that angle, too. Flack is clearly a very independent guy, and he's mentioned before that he hates doctors and hospitals, so I imagine his recovery was rough. He was probably at the mercy of doctors and nurses for a while, and I'd wager it bothered him deeply.

Or he could just be pissed that the doctor took advantage of someone helpless.

Of course, Faylinn knows my cracky theories, too :devil:

Faylinn said:
Yep, this is the hospital where Hawkes used to be a surgeon. I believe there's supposed to be a bit of a confrontation between him and someone he used to work with, but maybe it's not a 'confrontation' persay...I don't remember the specifics. :p
Yes that's what I thought too. I'm a bit to lazy right now to go and look for details, but when I saw the hospital scenes in the promo I remembered to have read something about that.

And then, if I do remember correctly, in 'Raising Shane' Hawkes is being framed.

It would be a plausible way to lessen the number of episodes Lindsay is missing (by filming more episodes before she has to take maternity leave and less while she's gone), although I'm not familiar with the specifics of how this stuff works, so I don't know for sure. ;)
I don't know if it's a plausible explanation but I do like it. ;)

Ep. 12 is Lindsay's deep-dark-secret-coming-out episode right? now according to Sasha she will be on set this monday and tuesday and the ep. is schedule for december, but on epguides it says January, please tell me I don't have to wait 2 months for her deep-dark-secret ep.

It should be in December but with the holidays coming up, they usually start showing repeats. It's amazing that we haven't had a repeate yet. :eek: Isn't there usually a repeat (or something else) aired the week of Thanksgiving? They also have at least a couple repeats in December too.

Also, with 24 episodes a year and the season running from late September until the end of May, there has to be repeats because that's 8 months and 24 episodes is only about 6 months.

On another note, who is Sasha? :confused: Did I miss something somewhere?

I don't know if it's a plausible explanation but I do like it.
At least you've confirmed that I was exactly as confusing as I thought I was. :lol: What I meant was, say that Anna has to stop filming on week M for her maternity leave. Rather than film episodes week N, O, and P, maybe they'll film on weeks J, K and L, which might otherwise be time off (seriously, I'm totally oversimplifying this right now, because I know they probably don't just get weeks off like that). That way they'll have filmed episodes before she left so that only weeks Q and R are weeks she's not filming if she's got maternity leave from weeks M-R...and that was just as confusing as before, or maybe more-so. :lol: My point was that maybe they were getting more episodes in the can at a faster rate than the other shows so that they could have fewer without her..But then, that doesn't necessarily make sense because they don't have to air them as quickly as they film them... :confused:

*brain explodes* Never mind, carry on. :lol:

They'll probably have a repeat soon. As 1CSIMfan said, it's strange that we haven't seen one already. Maybe they wanted to show a lot of new episodes for NY to get fans interested and maybe expand the viewing audience...

I thought about that angle, too. Flack is clearly a very independent guy, and he's mentioned before that he hates doctors and hospitals, so I imagine his recovery was rough. He was probably at the mercy of doctors and nurses for a while, and I'd wager it bothered him deeply.
Wait, when did it mention that he hates doctors and hospitals? *interested* I don't remember that, I think my brain melted trying to explain that big clusterfuck up there^. :lol:

But you make a good point about him being independent. He's not the kind of person who wants to piss in a bag or get a spongebath.

Or he could just be pissed that the doctor took advantage of someone helpless.

Of course, Faylinn knows my cracky theories, too :devil:
Hehe, yes, I certainly do. ;) But being quite serious, it's very possible that he does have a personal grudge against hospitals for the mistreatment of someone he cared about (whoever that might be, laguera :p)...hmm, intriguing... ;)

Faylinn said:
the alphabet
:confused: That didn't help :confused:

The thing I liked about your first explanation :D was the fact that they are doing everthing possible to give us as much episodes with Anna playing in it as possible. Still don't know if that was exactly what you meant though ;).

I think we get some repeats around X-mas and New Year, but that's not based on anything.

As for Flack hating doctors and hospitals. I cannot remember that, but I can imagine that the time he spent in a hospital had some negative effect on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back