Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I really don't want Nick to leave for good, but again, I'm not expecting anything positive when it comes to the veterans. I could keep an open mind when they introduced D.B., Morgan, and Finn, but this is too much IMO! Let me guess, this new guy also becomes another love interest for Morgan (AGAIN, if she ends up surviving in the premiere) :rolleyes:, sheesh. Dear writers, if you really can't make up your minds, or you feel like someone who's young and pretty has to be everyone's love interest, you might as well, just stop the potential romance on this show (at least within the lab) and keep everyone as friends. Some flirtation here and there like early in the series or more subtle and mature relationships is fine, but this?? It doesn't say he's joining the main cast or that he's another CSI, but we'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Bring in all the pretty boys you want...even all put together they won't equal the talent and loyalty of George. And I'm not watching this farce of a show anymore, so I hope George runs far and fast away from this ridiculous soap opera. He deserves better and so do his fans.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I got Jacquie to post in the spoiler lab! :beer: :D

That's one of my reasons why I think so. Others are the way TV Line worded it and the fact that he tried to quit.

It doesn't really bother me that he's not in 300. But it pisses me off they they won't let him quit. It also makes it look like they're trying to keep him quiet by keeping him under contract.

Susan

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

My yearly check in to let you know I still pay some attention to what's going on here :)

Keeping him under contract for the year even if he doesn't return is CBS's way of ensuring George doesn't go anywhere else for the year. Let him sit and stew and maybe people will forget how good an actor he is.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That could never happen. They can think it all they want and do whatever childish, unprofessional thing they want to him. You can't keep good talent and good character down for long. He will be fine after this. I know it. :)

And so sorry for the fans of the other older characters who thought maybe there would be more room for them now. New boy being brought in for some reason. Hey...maybe a new romantic interest for Morgan since part of her "triangle" is missing! :rolleyes:

PS: Hi, Jacquie! :)

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Omg....that is so not right. Do they really need to hire someone else?

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I love Matt Davis! I might be the only one excited to see him on the show. Although I much rather see him back on TVD as Alaric.

8. NazgulNaz

NazgulNaz Victim

He will be in CSI?! Seriously? I wonder what kind of personality he will get. I do agree with Dizzney. I would rather him be in TVD.

9. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I have nothing against the actor, I'm just getting tired of new characters being forced down our throats, even if he does end up fitting into the team.

I wouldn't put it past the writers, if Matt Davis ends up becoming another love interest for Morgan :rolleyes:. As far as that storyline in general goes, I just wish the writers would leave poor Greg alone or at least give him a love interest, maybe outside of work, that's NOT going back and forth between several guys, but apparently they have an allergy to giving Greg any onscreen/happy relationship :rolleyes:.

Although, I'd hate it if it continued to take away from his tight friendships with Nick and Sara.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Personally I have no idea who he is. But as soon a I reach the word 'Vampire' I say "not on my life"!

According to this article:

Of course someone should tell them that since they're filming episode 5 and it should air in late October then yes, this guy is going to be in episodes the George Eads isn't!

Susan

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

As much as I want George back, I have to agree with this.

This show is becoming a soap opera which proves these writers have no clue on how to write for this show. :rolleyes:

Fans of Greg and Jorja should be pissed, as the writers seem to only know how to writer for the newbies. If this guy is a replacement for George, they'll be focusing on writing for him.

Greg will take the brunt of it, as Jorja is part of GSR and I'm sure they're not done with that.

This whole 'who does Morgan love' is one of the stupidest things ever to happen on CSI.

Who the hell cares? No one cares what happens to her.

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Yeah, even though a small part of me wants to give this show a chance; except for maybe the 300th episode, I have a feeling that there will be nothing major for Greg and Sara this season :(. I feel even more doubtful now that they're adding a new character, AGAIN!

I personally care what happens to Morgan, I like her personality, I just can't stand most of her storylines ("Who she's attracted to/who will she pick" is definitely one of them, and I agree it is stupid and unnessecary, I like some romance in general, but this??) and I wish they would change that big time. But who knows, I still believe there's a chance she might be killed off.

13. Felidae5

Felidae5 Dead on Arrival

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I haven't posted much, nor cared much about the show, since Forget Me Not. The one storyline I cared about has been destroyed, maybe irrevocably; and I can certainly sympathize with the Nick fans.
    But, if I were them, I would be almost relieved that George and his character are no longer a part of the show. It's certainly not the same show that it once was. It's become generic and cliched. And, I honestly wish it were Jorja leaving, if only to preserve her character's integrity, as well as the unique storyline that brought her distinction in the CSI fandom.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Matt Davis' character will be a love interest for Sara. He seems like a younger, maybe even hotter version of Grissom (in the 18-49 demo): poet, loner, mathematician/scientist, but probably with better people skills and of course more sensitive. Perfect, in other words. Whatever. :rolleyes:

300 is just a number. Significant for a tv series; but not so much for quality, as it is to quantity. I'm sad that George is not a part of it. WP has moved on; Marg has moved on; and now GE has presumably moved on. I wish George nothing but the best. And if the show can continue without many of its original cast and fans (including me), then so be it. Life is what you make of it. And the current writers/ptb seem to be telling us over and over and OVER again, that it's their show. Not ours. How silly of me to think otherwise. Even though its success, in a large part, is due to those who came before.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I never thought of Matt Davis being a love interest for Sara. But that's only because.....well, knowing Sara's character, I just can't picture her being with anyone else, just Grissom. I guess you could argue, that because William Peterson doesn't want to return to the show, it was unavoidable; but then, why couldn't have Sara left to be with him? I love having Sara/Jorja on the show and I adore her friendships with Greg and Nick, I would miss her, but in the end that would've made the most sense IMO, and I really think I would've been happier with that. But to be fair, if Jorja really wants to stay on the show, that's her choice. but personally I can't see her character hooking up with another guy. No one can replace Grissom.

GSR, is not the only reason I watch though which is partly why I'm still tuning in, and season 13, I'll admit, had some good episodes/moments. But, it wasn't quite enough.. and I don't know what next season will be like..... the family dynamic of the team is still gone for the most part, and I have a bad feeling that there's going to be little or nothing for Greg this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pushed into the background again. In fact, as long as the writers seem no longer invested in Greg, Nick, Sara and Brass ( in comparison to all the new characters), AND in the shows' history, what made it so good, it will just get more and more painful to watch each week :(. If that doesn't change, if things get gradually worse in season 14, I will definitely quit for good.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013