Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Elisabeth Harnois posted this on twitter (About the photo she was in with Marg, Jorja, Eric and Marc Vann for episode 300):

and the entire cast and crew are pretty discreet about who's really going to die, I mean...more than usual IMO; there aren't even spoilers talking about Morgan's storyline in the premiere, or about Morgan in general. Besides, spoilers are not always 100% accurate. Again, I'm not sure what to think, I was having doubts too that she was going to be killed off, but after reading all of this, I now personally think it's a huge possibility, especially if the writers really want to shock us. Even the actress herself seems to keep hinting on twitter that her character might die instead of Ellie.

Otherwise, the only other people I can think of are Brass (the only reason I'm having my doubts about that, compared to Morgan, is because he was at the funeral in the promo), Ellie, or (now that you mention it Mirdaishan) Brass' ex-wife, or some minor character, maybe a cop from LVPD that we rarely see. Either way, I think there's going to be some sort of gut wrenching outcome in the premiere that will cause long time ramifications, and maybe not just because someone's going to die.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

I still refuse to believe it's Morgan, because of that funeral scene photo that was posted on Twitter - Brass was sitting on his own on the left side, while the rest was sitting on the right side - Greg next to Ecklie, in the middle row.

If it's Morgan in the caskett, shouldn't Ecklie be sitting up front instead of somewhere in the middle?

But also: behind Brass there were some police officers in uniforms, so that could mean it's a police offer instead of Ellie or Brass. Vartann perhaps?

3. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Sadly, I don't want it to be either Ellie or Morgan. If it will be cop, I'd hate to see Vartann killed off.

Even if I really didn't care if Morgan was killed off or not, I'd hate to see this show add ANOTHER new character(s) (and I have no doubt that if Morgan or even Brass died, the writers would do that), and Nick is already leaving temporarily (at least, I hope it's temporary! we've lost enough team members already, especially in terms of the original cast!!!! But I think I'm going to prepare myself for the worst.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Either it's not Morgan or someone's lying. :eek:

According to this quote from Don McGill in TV Guide back on August 6th...
    Morgan is CSI family not "close to". So I'd say it's someone who isn't a CSI - Ellie, a cop/detective.

Susan

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

That's true, Blackflag, I just find it weird and kinda suspicious that even the actress (not just the writers) is "teasing" us about it possibly being her character nonetheless and there's been no scoop on Morgan at all, considering it's also her storyline, not just Brass', and how invested the writers seem to be in the new characters in general.Again, spoilers are not always accurate. Maybe she won't die either way, maybe I'll be wrong, I'm just stating my own personal speculation.

6. blackflag

Personal opinion.... She seems to be the writers darling right now. She's the one they seem to want to write. Since they seem to be having trouble writing for characters with 13 years background they aren't going to kill off one of the three that they can write for.

If you want a Morgan spoiler this was an interview back on June 1 in which she says:
    Harnois: Romance on cards for Brody

I think we may all discount this because we're mostly all sick of the romance (I wish they'd get back to solving crimes. I might actually watch it then!) but the one thing it shows is for this to happen she has to live past episode 14x01.

---------------------------​

I might just have to at least look in on the beginning of the 300th ep (probably online!). I couldn't care less about the storyline, it's completely uninteresting to me. I am interested in how they handle the 'faux flashbacks' with the emphasis on the 'old guard' and it's similarity to a case 14 years ago.

DB, Finn, Morgan (was she even old enough to be a CSI yet? :confused: ) weren't in Vegas.
    I'm not sure Sara was in Vegas yet? Wasn't she a CSI in San Francisco in the first ep?
    I think we all feel that unless they use old footage and give credit to them we aren't going to see Warrick, Grissom, & Nick (although George should still be in the the opening credits).
    That leaves:
    Henry & Hodges which they could use as younger versions of themselves. :eek:
    Greg who was a labrat 14 years ago, not a CSI.
    Catherine as the lone Vegas CSI 14 years ago there right now that they can use.

I wonder if they've "changed" anyone's background to be able to do this ep? ;)

Susan

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

What's irking me right now about episode 300 is that I can't help but feel that the writers are just throwing us a bone, and that the rest of the season will be mainly focused on all the new characters.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It's obvious to me that's the direction they're going just by the way they've treated George. They only care about big names (Danson and Shue) and bringing in new viewers with all of the sensational, ridiculous storylines, leaving the old viewers and their fave characters behind.

But that's fine with me. I'd rather George get out of there than have to stay and act out stupid fan fic type stories. I just hope the Greg and Sara fans realize there probably won't be much in the future for them either.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

This. This is why it's time to say goodbye. If they'd been thinking, they'd have let NY, which was still awesome, go on, and spare us this junk. Grrrr. Thought then I'd worry about it being screwed over (yes, I'm looking at YOU and those Mac/Jo remarks, Pam Vassey. Ugh.)

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I'm not getting my hopes up, nor am I expecting anything when it comes to the characters I've grown to love for 13 years, not more screentime, character development, nothing. But I'm still willing to tune in and see what happens nonetheless.

besides, the writers seem to be giving us little or nothing in terms of spoilers for this season, at least compared to last year and the year before, so it's not 100% or even 70% clear how this season will turn out or what we should expect, with the possible exception of some upcoming storylines.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm sure they changed it. After all they have no clue how to write for the veterans, so they'll make it up.

I mean look at Sara. As everyone knows I'm no fan of GSR, but even I can't believe they broke them up.

Or more so the reason they said they couldn't have Grissom living in Vegas. Because they would have to write that Grissom just left the lab, blah blah. No they wouldn't. Grissom can live in LV and never go to the lab. :rolleyes:

These writers have no clue and they will continue to write more for the newbies.

Won't matter to me if George doesn't return.

12. blackflag

On to the next spoiler on this subject....

Keck's Exclusives First Look: CSI's Mystery Funeral

I still say it's Ellie. I would hope Ecklie would be a little more upset than that if it was Morgan. He looks more like it's an aquaintance that is dead than a daughter that he had developed some feelings for. I would also think that it would be bigger and more of a "uniform" presence if it was a cop/detective.

Susan

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Maybe it's stupid, but if Morgan was killed? I mean in 14th season in every ep we'll see her ghost? Cause why producers say something different than we think? It's very crazy idea but... who knows.

14. blackflag

CSI Exclusive: Vampire Diaries' Matt Davis Joins Season 14 in Recurring Role

Does anybody else get the feeling from this that they may just be preparing for George not coming back?

Susan

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Look what happened to Jennifer Esposito of Blue Bloods.