Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

If he does not want to be related to the show why is he producer after leaving CSI ? I think money is more important than acting...

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

Wow, that's ... harsh of WP, isn't it?

I mean, he'd been on the show for a very long time, so saying he didn't know or never intented Sara and Grissom to get married sounds very indifferent to what he and Jorja were evolving for their characters. C'mon!
    I agree with monketsharona, that's a sign of disrespect.

I also think they could have left them married. There was no need to make them break up and all that bs.

It also makes me wonder why he's still listed as executive producer if he doesn't want to be part of the show at all. What exactly is he doing as EP?

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

This 'interview' is like a poor April fool's joke. He's known about his character all along, at least that's what we were being told for years. He's also supposedly friends with current cast members, so he's got nothing to gain by talking like that about the show. Either the article was written like this on purpose or us fans are being treated worse and worse as weeks go by.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Executive Producer: (from Wiki) "Once an executive producer has coined and established a successful TV series he might still be credited as such even if he has actually retired from the show."

Doesn't mean he has anything to do with the show anymore. :)

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I have to say I'm appalled at some of the reaction at this interview. About Petersen saying the show shouldn't have gone on this long.

I everyone on here has been complaining about the writing, how their favorite characters are treated, and that show should just end.

Since what...season 3 or 4...he's wanted out of the show. He was never happy when CSI Miami started and took the good writers away.

So don't get mad a Petersen for something your all thinking and have been saying.

As for his comments about the marriage thing. He DIDN'T say he just found out about it, just that he didn't know they were going to do that and didn't want that for Grissom. Obviously, he's know about it since he did that 'skype' call, doesnt' me has to be happy about it. He did that only because Jorja asked.

Or be mad at him because he just isn't interested in GSR.

I knew he was never going to return to the show and you who always thought he would and be disappointed, that's on you, not him.

Grissom has and always will be one of my favorite TV characters and I do hope he comes back, even if only for the series finale. But I won't hold my breath.

Yes, it can be upsetting when an actor from a show sorta 'bad-mouths' a show, but then you all do it, too. Really kind of hypocritical, isn't it? And we're all guilty of that. ;)

And I was never under the illusion that Grissom was still and Exec Producer. I knew it was in name only. After all, do you really think the show would be the way it is, especially not being an ensemble, if he still was? I highly doubt it.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I can't say I'm too surprised about some of what WP says. He had said when he left that he wanted to stay involved with the show, so I don't know what happened. But, I think if he wanted to come back, he would have done so by now. He clearly wants to move on, but I still think he could be more sensitive to the fans, and to the show that made him a gazillionaire.

His statements regarding the marriage surprise me, though. I'm pretty sure WP was still on the show when Grissom proposed to Sara; so why did he say that's not what he intended for Grissom? And he was involved in his own exit arc, which reunited Grissom with Sara. I'm thinking there was some creative editing done around that comment. Maybe he was talking about the divorce; or maybe the fact that Grissom is still part of the show; or something else entirely. Who knows. WP's interviews often confuse me, I think because he embellishes to some degree, and then with editing things get misinterpreted. In the past people would say it was just 'Billy being Billy'; so maybe that's all this was. IDK. I was offended when I first read the interview; now I'm more 'huh?'. It's just too weird, and out of context, to take literally.

I'm okay with WP not coming back. But I'm still not okay with the GSR breakup. In an interview after his exit, he said he felt like he left Grissom in a good place, and that place was with Sara. Tptb should have just left them alone; and maybe that's really all that Billy wanted as well.

ETA: I mentioned at the time of FMN that I hated the FB 'teamSara/teamGrissom' crap. If WP knew anything about that or the 'divorce', I can relate to some degree to his bitterness.
    Maybe his comments were harsh, but I can't help but think this interview was edited for maximum effect.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

That is very interesting interview. I guess he didn't have veto power over the higher ups but I would think they should listen to him as well. I guess if he didn't like Miami being made then he probably didn't like NY being made either.

EDIT: Part of me is glad that Mac didn't find his love until the last two years of the show but makes me wonder how much GS had been involved in Mac's love life.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

We can't assume it's the last two years,we don't know for sure that there won't be anymore.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  9. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

I didn't see a Jorja non-pix thread so if this needs to be moved...

She's supposed to be on The Talk tomorrow.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Spoiler lab discussion.;)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

No need to move it, but I did bump her thread up to mention it over there. :)

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

'CSI' Enlists Annabella Sciorra as Brass' Wife (Exclusive)

Susan

12. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Awesome! kudos to the casting dept for casting Annabella Sciorra I loved that actress she's really amazing and talented, I remember seeing the movie that she was in it with julianne moore, called The hand that rocks the cradle that was like 21 years ago! the movie itself was really suspenseful. Nuff said! what you guys thinks of that casting choice they chose to play nancy brass, ex wife of capt brass?

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'm calling it...

CLIFFHANGER!!

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

Ms. Sciorra is so beautiful. She usually plays strong women. Nice choice.

15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

whatever it's a Brass centric, I'm waiting for it ! :)
    I think Ellie will come back