Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas how they might explain Nick's absence in the final ep of the year, or if they'll explain? I'd love them to go for the "Nick's at his dad's funeral" idea, but hard telling if they will.

So we have Cath, Morgan and Greg for that ep, plus Brass probably.

I wish they would give a good reason, unlike how Sara is frequently missing...Nick rarely is. Hope they don't use the ol' bug conference reason again. :rolleyes:

I would think they would stay away from a funeral, but you never know.

Personally, I don't think they'll mention him. He could just be on a case.
Personally don't think they'll say anything. Rarely do they say why a character isn't in an episode. They never told us any reason for why Catherine wasn't in the ones that Marg missed last season.

I still remember when he was in Monte Carlo doing their TV Awards, they said on the show that he was working a case at the Monte Carlo :lol:, that was funny.
The difference is that he actually was in the episode just not that much. :lol:

Susan

I guess the Jorja and George fans can commiserate together. :)
It might be interesting to guess what scenes he was written into then out of, since it was a last minute change. Someone had to pick up his lines, and his thoughts on the case.

Maybe Greg'll get it, like Nick did when Billy had to bow out of Gum Drops.

That's what I've wondered

I don't think so. It's not like Nick would have had a big role in this ep anyway... everyone of the cast could have taken one or two of his lines and voilà.

In Gum Drops Grissom was supposed to have a big role... and Nick turned out to be the one to replace him.

In an episode where one isn't necessarily the center of attention it would make more sense to just write him out of it and give everyone a little piece of the cake. At least that's what I hope for. It would be fair for everyone :)

I don't think so. It's not like Nick would have had a big role in this ep anyway... everyone of the cast could have taken one or two of his lines and voilà.

In Gum Drops Grissom was supposed to have a big role... and Nick turned out to be the one to replace him.

In an episode where one isn't necessarily the center of attention it would make more sense to just write him out of it and give everyone a little piece of the cake. At least that's what I hope for. It would be fair for everyone :)

although it's sort of a Doc Robbin's episode, and if his wife is playing a big role in it as a possible suspect, because the body was found at her place, it's possible the episode will be centered around him. But maybe not, and if that ends up being the case, it would be great if they just divided Nick's lines and scenes between the other characters.

It's interesting that Grissom was originally supposed to play the big role in "Gum Drops"; although it still played out as a great Nick-centric episode :D, definitely one of my favorites from the old seasons :).

Um we're meeting Mrs. Robbins = Al Robbins centered ep

And I do see Nick having played some sort of imporant role in that ep because of his and Al's friendship

christmascookie said:

And I do see Nick having played some sort of imporant role in that ep because of his and Al's friendship

I may be wrong, but I read that as since Nick wasn't meant to be the focus of the episode, him not being there wouldn't require another character completely taking over whatever role he was to have played in the episode. Al-centered...yes, definitely.

christmascookie said:

I may be wrong, but I read that as since Nick wasn't meant to be the focus of the episode, him not being there wouldn't require another character completely taking over whatever role he was to have played in the episode. Al-centered...yes, definitely.

I said he could have played an important part, I didn't say centered or I don't mean centered

Forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back