Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Robinjn: At least he's gone. You would think with this crowd that would be a positive.
IMO, no more Ray is a positive, but overall I'd like there not to be this raging double standard about who can take the law into their own hands and who can't. I don't like it when one character can screw up years of a consistent message. ETA: Actually I should say three characters because I'm talking about the franchise as a whole. Horatio Caine and Don Flack, I'm looking at you.

Which Flack ep are you talking about? Something from the Angell thing? I totally get Horatio, though.

ladybronco is right. Flack killing Angell's killer and still being considered a "clean cop" upsets me. I love Flack and I thought the way they carried out the scene was powerful - and I was glad that TPTB showed that killing the guy caused emotional turmoil for Flack. But now every time they have an episode where they give the Big Damn Moral speech about taking the law into your own hands or someone deserving to be punished for doing so I'll say in my mind, "Unless you're Flack, of course."

I should just be glad they've stayed consistent over the entire franchise because each show now has someone who extracted vigillante justice for someone they love being hurt or killed. ;)

I'm still not satisfied with the storyline for Catherine. The word satisfied was used to describe Catherine's exit. So far I'm not! :eek: :wtf:

I don't think Vartann is the bad guy either. I think he and/or Cath are in danger *YAWN* :rolleyes: or it's Lindsay. Again *YAWN* Over done! Move on to other vehicles CSI writers, PLEASE!!!

I'm pretty happy with those spoilers. I think they don't want to give too much away about Cath's exit, so I'm not going to speculate too much. I'm sure it will be 'satisfying'. And that may be the first time they have used the term 'explosive' for this season, so I'll cut them some slack.

Can Sara's mom be played by Lesley Anne Warren? I don't know why, but I can totally see her in that role.

That would be totally awesome, GNRF! I can definitely picture that.
And, Doris Roberts or Betty White as Mrs. Hodges. :lol:

Love the new preview! Thanks to all for posting the chat and the video.

Since it does include stuff about the rest of the season I'll post this here as well. :)

I found this on All About Marg. It's a scan of the Sept. 19th - 25th TV Guide.

We're starting 4 months later and according to the caption on the picture DB has only been there for a couple of weeks. Which means that Nick has been gone for at least a couple of weeks. They're also promissing us that Langston will be resolved in episode 1!

There's a 'Where we left off' section as well as 'What's Next', 'Better Off Ted' and 'The Goodbye Girl'.

Susan

Thanks for that, Blackflag! :)

Langston's future will be brighter than his past...he has a second chance at life and love. Hmm. I guess that's the answer to happiness. Murder your enemies.

IMO, no more Ray is a positive, but overall I'd like there not to be this raging double standard about who can take the law into their own hands and who can't. I don't like it when one character can screw up years of a consistent message. ETA: Actually I should say three characters because I'm talking about the franchise as a whole. Horatio Caine and Don Flack, I'm looking at you.

Which Flack ep are you talking about? Something from the Angell thing? I totally get Horatio, though.

ladybronco is right. Flack killing Angell's killer and still being considered a "clean cop" upsets me. I love Flack and I thought the way they carried out the scene was powerful - and I was glad that TPTB showed that killing the guy caused emotional turmoil for Flack. But now every time they have an episode where they give the Big Damn Moral speech about taking the law into your own hands or someone deserving to be punished for doing so I'll say in my mind, "Unless you're Flack, of course."

I should just be glad they've stayed consistent over the entire franchise because each show now has someone who extracted vigillante justice for someone they love being hurt or killed. ;)

Thank you for the explanation. As someone who does not watch NY or Miami, I had no idea what the heck your rant was about.

A clipping from TV Guide Magazine.

vegasne.jpg

Langston's future will be brighter than his past...he has a second chance at life and love. Hmm. I guess that's the answer to happiness. Murder your enemies.

And let the team take your punishment and deal with the fall-out while you just move on with your life! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And let the team take your punishment and deal with the fall-out while you just move on with your life! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seems to me the team would have been punished REGARDLESS of whether Ray was found guilty and went to prison, or was cleared and was getting on with his life. Don't they all have to move on in some way anyway? Going forward, what difference does it make, really? Would you enjoy the upcoming season more, knowing that Ray was rotting in prison? Everyone else who left got a nice, noble send-off. LF should be no different.

Seems to me the team would have been punished REGARDLESS of whether Ray was found guilty and went to prison, or was cleared and was getting on with his life. Don't they all have to move on in some way anyway? Going forward, what difference does it make, really? Would you enjoy the upcoming season more, knowing that Ray was rotting in prison? Everyone else who left got a nice, noble send-off. LF should be no different.

Yes, I would. LF has been on the show since the beginning so no, he doesn't need a noble send-off and the other characters didn't murder someone.

And no, if LF had stayed on the show the punishment wouldn't have been the same or might not have happened at all. I believe Catherine and Nick would stay as supervisors.

Actually, tptp would probably have made Langston Supervisor and still demoted Catherine and Nick. :rolleyes:

And, Doris Roberts or Betty White as Mrs. Hodges. :lol:

Betty was my first thought, but she's so busy lately, I don't know if she'd be able to. Doris is also a good choice though.

And four months later from the premiere... I knew I had read that somewhere a while back.

Yeah, I can't believe they'd let him get off without any consequences and yet use others on the team as the scapegoats, so to speak. Perhaps it'll be better than it sounds. Maybe Ray will say he killed Haskell in a rage of temporary insanity after learning that Haskell raped Gloria. He wouldn't get any jail time, but wouldn't be allowed to work as a CSI or anything similar again. Then he goes off to Second Chance Land with Gloria. I would be okay with that. I just want him to take some kind of responsibility for his actions because Cath and possibly Nick are facing the consequences of their actions. Langston should too... even if its just him saying it was a temporary insanity thing. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes next week. :)

Last edited:

Someone who murdered another human being should get a "nice, noble send-off??" I strongly disagree with that, especially when the rest of the team is dealing with the fall out from giving Ray the benefit of the doubt, supporting him and in some cases breaking the law for him. I get that everyone is responsible for their own actions, but they did what they did because they considered Ray a friend and colleague. He betrays them and gets to skate while they pay consequences. Someone like that shouldn't be sent off in a good way in my opinion. Just because people respect LF as an actor doesn't mean the character of Ray deserves a happy ending.

This made me laugh :lol: Yep that's a sad, disturbing message to send out.

Oh and I'm not happy with the words "explosive" and "deadly" used in the same sentence as "Catherine and Vartann" :shifty::shifty:

Someone who murdered another human being should get a "nice, noble send-off??" I strongly disagree with that, especially when the rest of the team is dealing with the fall out from giving Ray the benefit of the doubt, supporting him and in some cases breaking the law for him. I get that everyone is responsible for their own actions, but they did what they did because they considered Ray a friend and colleague. He betrays them and gets to skate while they pay consequences. Someone like that shouldn't be sent off in a good way in my opinion. Just because people respect LF as an actor doesn't mean the character of Ray deserves a happy ending.

You can say Ray murdered Haskell, the rest of the team broke the law, blah blah blah, til you're blue in the face. If IA clears him, and it sounds like they do, all the opinions to the contrary ain't gonna change that fact. You may not think Ray deserves a happy ending, but that's what he's getting. Deal with it. Life goes on. And neener neener! :guffaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back