Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byline

byline CSI Level One

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I've seen the "multi-quote" button but never figured out how to use it, LOL!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It took me a while to figure it out too.

3. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

It's one of those difficult things in ensemble shows where we all attach ourselves to certain characters and forums tend to polarise our opinions of those characters (we all become defensive when we feel any slight on the character).

Until i looked at forums i could take or leave Ray, then i came on here and the best way i could describe it is like a cut on the hand; it doesn't hurt until you notice it. Constant gushing of a character doesn't make me think 'you know what, you're right, he/she is great' it makes me think 'tone it down there are other characters on this show as well.' A post every now and again about how much you like a character is fine, but doing so every post actually runs the risk of turning everyone else against that character.

Personally the only ensemble show i've ever watched where i liked all characters equally was The West Wing, and a large part of that was due to the quality of writing (not always CSI's strong point).

I notice on a lot of other forums that Sara and Ray seem to be the most heavily attacked characters. Grissom leaving was a blessing for Sara as i felt she came back a much more mature and likeable character. I'm hoping the same may happen for Ray when Haskell finally pops it (although after Marg leaves my viewing of CSI will be more sporadic).

This whole Raskell storyline has destroyed the creditability of Ray. I'm actually looking forward to Ray post Raskell, hopefully the previous ensemble feel of the show will return and we'll get back to more one-shot episodes that made CSI the stand-out show in the first place. Once Raskell is done it needs to remain done i.e not even mentioned in passing.

As a Marg fan it's going to be a long wait till next season to see how they will be dealing with her exit. I really hope that they will balance the testosterone on the show, Mandy is a great character so it'd be nice to see her more.

I have a feeling that the way Nick and Catherine handle Ray and Haskell will determine who is Supervisor next season. It could be that by alligining himself with Ray, Nick puts at risk his chance of being supervisor next season.

EDT: thank you for explaining that, i've been pressing multi-quote with no idea how to use it, i've been imagining a room somewhere with it's lights going on/off everytime i press that button and nothing happens

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Wow thank you for this!!! :lol: It's the first time I've been able to use the multi quote thing because for the life of me I couldn't figure it out!! :thumbsup:

I agree. I can watch Battlestar Galactica episodes time and time again and I can see all the characters and all scenes even if my favorites aren't on them. Not with the CSI's especially Miami. It has a lot to do with the writing. Sara is a perfect example. Aside from believing that she and Grissom had zero chemistry I just couldn't stand how depressed the character seemed all the time and GSR was not exactly (and this is just my opinion) the best written storyline and since I adored Grissom I could tolerate him but not Sara. Now it's a whole different story. She's definitely not my fave but I don't mind her.

I really want the Raskell storyline to be over too. I thought the season started really amazing and then it became a trainwreck called Haskell. IMO there were just too many episodes dedicated to the same story. It's time to move on. I hope this doesn't bleed into season 12 but given what we've heard about things that Ray will do and them being called into question I don't have high hopes of never again seeing this storyline after the season finale.

5. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Personally, I think peoples' minds are pretty much made up one way or the other. They are going to love--or hate--a certain character no matter what anyone else says--or in spite of it.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Agree that that's probably true for alot of people but my perception of Sara changed for the better so the same may, at some point, be the same for Ray.

Speaking of other Fansites view of Ray and our changing perspectives of characters made me come across this thread:

http://www.csifanwiki.com/thread/3339018/FISHBURNE????offset=40&maxResults=20

I hope you don't mind me asking Desertwind but as a Cath fan i wondered whether your view of Cath had changed since this post in 2009:

"And on "getting Billy back" that would be up to him if he wants to or not, He left to go back to Chicago and maybe he will return and on Cath I'm sick and tired of her, I enjoy seeing Ray instead of her always pushing her boobs in the camera and flipping her hair back... gag me."

Reading posts on sites such as the above brings home how restrained and respectful people actually are on TalkCSI.

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I am actually considering saying something VERY disrespectful to "desertwind" right now, but I shall restrain myself.

Catherine is a personal favorite of mine, and that is honestly not a very a nice thing to say. But heck, I'll give my real opinion a go...

Ray, In my opinion, is an asshole, he's rude to the other characters, has a Horatio Caine vigilante thing going on and Nick needs to kick his ass. Catherine has her faults, she needs to SUPERVISE and deal with Ray, kick him off the shift, suspend him, whatever but she needs to deal with him, Brass & Sofia should tell Ray that they'll take his gun if he doesn't start working as part of a team, and Haskell needs to kill him already! He's been playing games for THREE SEASONS, just kill Ray, or don't kill Ray, but stop playing games!

I would like to apologize to desertwind for appearing to be disrespectful, it will not happen again, I've just gotten a bit frustrated, all the Ray praise should be discussed on the "Ray" thread, among his fans, and not just here to stir up arguments among other fans. Thank you.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  8. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

I have a better idea. I'll get rid of you! Buh-bye. :)

Anyone else stupid enough to admit to not following the rules? Or causing headaches for the mods and I?

Quit the petty pissing matches, guys. If you don't like each other, avoid each other. And if you have squabbles at other boards, do NOT bring them here.

We try to make this a fun place. Most of my posters are good, fun people who just want to discuss their favorite shows and characters. But for the few who want to cause trouble, you're on notice.

Edit:

CSI:NYFan
    Good grief. Please, people, these are FICTIONAL characters. None of them are REAL. If you find yourself getting angry about comments about make-believe characters, please log off until you can be calm again. If someone calls YOU a name, that is one thing. But someone who doesn't even exist?

**head-desk!**

9. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I know, I know, I was stressing a little, sorry :thumbsup:
    I assume the same goes for desertwind and her rants about Ray, and how he can do no wrong :shifty:

wheres kabcsi gone? :(

10. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Sorry T'Bonz, stirred the pot there. Whenever we run low on spoliers we seem to get stuck on the 'who likes/dislikes Ray roundabout' and it gets a bit tedious sometimes.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Just to clairfy things [and I don't have to] on the site Sinclair that person IS NOT me, I have never been on that site, but someone is and has been using my screen name on another site as well. I've alerted my IPS, and apparently if someone uses another name or similar, they can't do anything about it. But thank's BTW, for giving me the benefit of the doubt:rolleyes: It's shameful that a fan cannot compliment who they like for fear of being bullied or insulted. I've always like Catherine, and would never say hurtful dreadful comments like that. And I don't insult Billy Petersen either, if it comes across as such then I can't help what others assume. On Ray I was responding to the "spoiler" alert that Mr. news reporter Shane had posted. And these are fictional characters, & should be addressed as such, and I do respect the moderators and try to follow the rules. It's kinda of disturbing that some fans don't seem to have anything better to do than reseach and find as much dirt on me as they can. How about this, pay attention to your opinions and your theories, ideas and beliefs and stop being so consumed about what I'm doing.:eek: I will continue to rave about Ray [2 R's] when the subject is about him which this was. If that turns others off, like Smokey has said numerous times there's always the "ignore" option. I think we all do have a common bond, we all love CSI, anything else but that is below the radar as far as personal likes and dislikes about these fictional characters.. All of you have a great day:thumbsup:

12. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Desertwind, no offence but I don't think somebody would want to steal your identity, and it does seem like something you would say, I remember having a similar discussion with "Desertwind"/"Sand and Sausage"/all the other sock-puppets on IMDb and you swore they weren't you, but whatever, benefit of the doubt and all that.

Maybe you should, if possible, for a few posts just hold off on the praise of Ray, not everything has to do with him, I'm sure you can understand where we are coming from with this.

Again, no disrespect intended, you have a great day too :thumbsup:

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Unbelieveable:wtf: no matter how nice I am, or what I say this just continues, I don't know who those people are, & HAVE NOT been on those sites:scream: but you can think whatever you like. And I don't think also it's proper for another fan to tell someone what they can say or what they can't say. Just do your thing, and please stop with the accusations, OK?

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just think we'd all get along a little bit better if spoilers were discussed here and Ray was praised on the "Man of Mystery" thread, thats what it is there for. Again, I cannot tell you what to do, but I think it would make for a nicer board if each thread served the purpose for which it was created ;)

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Really?? After BONZ asked you to stop??

Shutting it down, at least for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.