Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The fact that he's still going to be on the show doesn't make him a "fan favorite." Some people love him, some people hate him and most are probably somewhere in between. As far as "slicing and dicing" him, I would assume people are going to continue to express their true feelings about him regardless of if they agree with yours. EVERYONE should be allowed an opinion.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To be fair, I've seen these types of comments on various web sites about ALL of the main characters at some point or another. It isn't exclusive to only one character.

3. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but the article said that nobody had inked a deal yet and that they were all still in negotiations for next season. It was also mentioned that the finale was going to be a cliffhanger which was making it a 'test' for the writers. We've all heard that there will be at least one fatality during the finale, I know I'll be crossing my fingers for my particular favorites until after the episode airs on May 12. Even if some of the actors have said they aren't planning on leaving, they haven't signed any paperwork yet (at least none that has been acknowledged to the fans). I can't help remembering poor Liz last year. :(

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I never thought I'd say this, but I really, really wish they'd bring the "dead body of the week" story lines back again (even though I'd prefer cases that don't include dead bodies).

While I'm on the subject of wishes, it would be really nice to have a single post from DW (in a non Ray/LF thread) that doesn't include Ray/LF gushing every. single. time.

I hate to say it, but even the addition of Ecklie's daughter to the team isn't going to improve the over-abundance of testosterone on this show - especially with both Marg & Jorja on limited episodes. They're gonna need a couple of new ladies to compensate (or just bring back both Wendy & Sofia full time)

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well we don't know about Jorja yet. Maybe next year she will come back full time since Marg is not going to be.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Posted less than 24 hours ago in the previous spoiler thread, but it looks like it needs re-posting already.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

kaylyne I was "gushing" about the new's like you do about Cath, and speaking of her, I'm thrilled she's decided to still honor us with her presence, in S/12, even if it is for limited episodes. She's also in this news bulletin from EW magazine as well. I love Nick, too can or am I allowed to gush about him? He's the "rock" of the show to some degree. And Greg and Brass and Hodges, & Doc, the lab rats and Sara. The difference between myself and others, is I like the WHOLE cast equally, Ray has gotten bad press on here, so I'm in his corner, & do stick up for him, and why would anyone care, if has nothing to do with others. When do I ever bash or slam another character on the show.. never:( If I felt this strongly about a character and disliked them to this degree, I wouldn't watch the show~

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I'm interested to know to what extent will we be seeing Marg next season. Will it only be a handful of episodes, or more. Obviously the more the better, but that would depend on her and if both sides can agree. And like I posted earlier and will say again, if and when she leaves, I certainly hope that the writers write up a proper exit for her. One that she certainly deserves.

And while I certainly hope that all the regular cast resigns and returns...I will be eager to hear about Wally. He makes the show extra enjoyable for me.

9. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Jorja's contract hasn't been penciled in, let alone inked. I think the only person we know 90% for sure is back is Paul. Marg's said she'll come back, but the details are not firmed up yet at all, so anything could happen. Heck, we could start season 12 with her funeral :/

I guess they learned from all the years of us going 'Oh, he has a contract. He'll stay.'

10. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

But why should I have to do this? If I ignore that particular poster then Im ignoring everything that they have to add to the conversation. I think that at times Desterwind has valid information to say, its the way that she ends her post that unravels me (constant gushing about a character).

And even if I chose to ignore the poster, will it prevent me from seeing their post when it is quoted by others? By ignoring one poster's post I run the risk of missing a valid part of the conversation. Therefor if I choose to ignore a poster, not matter how gushy their post might be, then I might also miss something valid or important.

I also feel that this would just make excuses for a poster to continue what they are doing. A scenario: If my baby brother is yelling in my ear and I tell him to stop, and he replies "no you can just ignore me" who is right and who is wrong in the situation, the person being annoying or me for not being "mature" and ignoring them.

I don't follow all the rules of the site to a T, mainly because I generally don't post (one of the reasons why I double post because im not sure how to quote two seperate quotes in the same post). I generally do it when I get annoyed about reading "bowing down to the ray shrine."

And while I do admit that everyone should be able to voice their opinion, sometimes it isn't the right place to do so. I'm guilty of this also; I can't be totally mad at Desertwind for talking about her love for a character, if im talking about how much I hate him. How do we fairly moderate this. Because my post are negative in regards to a character I get called out. But to me it is equally wrong (in the spoiler section) for one to constantly show their affinity towards a character because it is not the right forum to do so. The majority has shown their disdain towards such actions but rarely do I see mods reminding those posters about the rules. And if those mods are and im not noticing them, I'm sorry ahead of time.

But still...I feel that the rules to the site are ambiguous, and that the moderation is selective. And if you mods are offended by this, I do apologize. But you could just "ignore me".;)

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Couldn't agree more, In my opinion the absence of Wendy did not trigger a new creative direction at all, so why not bring her back as a csi....

Agree on this one also... :cool: (no surprise here I guess ;))

Anywayz... I hope season 12 will be a season to remember (for it's brilliant and mesmerizing moments... :))

12. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Actually, imho you do. You are consistently taking digs at WP/Grissom and making nasty little underhanded comments:confused: Yes, I am aware he is no longer ‘on’ the show physically but as Carol Mendelsohn, who you greatly admire, has stated on numerous occasions, he is and always will be a large part of the ‘CSI family’.

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

That part is actually fairly simple. There are two ways to do it:

You just reply to one post. Then, if you see a second post that you want to reply to right away, you just hit "reply" to that one, copy the text (including the "QUOTE/QUOTE" formatting in brackets), then go back to your reply, hit the "edit" button, paste the quoted material that you copied earlier and then reply to it the way you would a regular post.

Or you can simply copy the text that you want to reply to, scroll down to your original reply and hit the "edit" button, paste that material and then go up to the top of the posting box where you see what looks like a cartoon "talk" balloon (to the right of the "insert image" icon). Select/highlight the text you want to show as a quote, then click on that talk balloon. It will automatically insert quote tags around the text that you selected.

Now, back to the original topic of "gushing" and whether or not to address that in the forum. I have mixed feelings about that. After all, one person's "gushing" is another person's enthusiasm for a character. I agree that all our opinions have a place here, and I do think it's not our place, as posters, to make another poster (or group of posters) feel unwelcome. As long as their opinions are not of the "attack" variety (whether that be to other posters, characters on the show and/or the actors who play them), then I think they are relevant here.

My personal experience with that was on another "CSI" forum where Jorja/Sara seems to be strongly disliked (and that's putting it mildly). Any posts supporting her -- no matter how well-reasoned they may be -- are not welcomed, and that quickly becomes clear with all the pile-on posts that are sure to follow. I am not Sara's biggest fan by any stretch, and I'm certainly not a fan of GSR, yet I would never dream of posting some of the stuff that I saw posted there. There's some serious vitriol going on there. I finally gave up trying to be a "voice of reason" counterbalance in defense of Sara, because no one really seemed interested, and in a few cases certain posters even started attacking me. It was a passive-aggressive method of bullying, but bullying nonetheless. ("How can a seemingly intelligent poster like yourself believe this?" Talk about a backhanded compliment, LOL!)

So I can see why this rule is in place here. It's all too easy for one post to turn into a pile-on, and as I have discovered, that is not conducive to good discussion. The only people it satisfies are those who agree . . . but it is an isolating tactic that freezes out other opinions.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There is an easier way. On each post that you want to quote, you push the "multi-quote" button and then when you are ready to reply, you click reply. That way you can reply to each poster all in one post. :)

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Wendy coming back to "CSI" would be the best thing EVER! Liz Vassey seems like she's up for it, I remember her saying on facebook she'd love to see "the rats" again.

without Wallace Langham I don't think I'd watch CSI as much as I do, he adds SO MUCH to the show, and has done since season 3, one of my favorite exchanges involving Hodges was when he asked Jack Malone about career opportunities in the FBI, and Malone said there would be too many ass-kisses for him to compete with :guffaw:

I hope they go back to the "body of the week" scenario for a while, there are way to many serial killers in Vegas, its like the night-shift attracts them on purpose :shifty: There should be a scene in the finale with Langston rubbing Haskell-Nip on himself :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.