Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah agreed, NO MORE CSI: Raskell, NOOO CSI: The Ray Langston Show, MORE CSI: Ensemble and along those lines :) We don't know what post CSI Season 12 will bring

Yeah I don't think he'd mind either, I mean he has a wife and family, isn't that one of the reasons why he wanted to do CSI so he could spend more time with them and less on sets, and as much screentime he gets I can't see how he spends a lot of time with them

2. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Jennifer Love Hewitt isn't doing anything...:cool:

What I think CM means is that while Warrick was alive and looking into Gedda, no one really came to his aid and assisted him that way. Like it said, it's about going the distance for your teammate. Like in the previews when Nick said how he came to help or whatever he said....

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Warrick is mentioned? finally some continuity!

next season they need to introduce Morgan to the team PROPERLY, not shove her in our faces like Langston, and not sit her at the back of a fingerprint scanner for a whole season like Riley, it needs to be just the right balance.

As for Marg, she deserves a real exit, at least a couple of episodes that lead to her departure, she deserves better than a "Megan Donner"-type exit.

I was hoping Fishburne would leave, but if he doesn't the team need to feel like a team again, and the cast like an ensemble. A lot less Langston, a lot more Catherine, Nick, Greg, Sara, and Brass, the "original team".

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It is an ENSEMBLE, since he first hit town, they all work with him and him with them and their all in it together, that's why I like this character, how he's fit in so beautifully with the team. Nick "we're a team", they've all had great rapport with Ray, & him with them, and are all so close with each other. That's what I've enjoyed about that last 3 seasons. There couldn't be a tighter team anywhere, and that's a great ENSEMBLE, CSI rocks forever[​IMG]

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

an ensemble would be where everybody gets equal screen-time, like the early years... which leads me to my next point, there was a tighter team, guess when? the early years :wtf:

6. Desertwind

Well, again that's a matter of opinion, fans see things differently. The early years there was squabbling and the team in dire straits many times, with no one to talk to. I loved the early seasons, that was then, this is now, and for me I don't live in the past. I see a whole brighter, happier calmer team with them then before. They've always got issues, it's the name of the gruesome job but have, but, now it's improved and their all in a better place than prior. They do all have equal screentime. Ray doesn't just walk around mumbling to him self. He's always with one of them, that would be equal screentime.:bolian:

Spoiler question?
    On Ecklie's daughter, will they be allowed to work the same shift? or would it be a conflict of interests?

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Ah, but if we don't live and learn in the past, mistakes will be made in the future. ;)

As for Ecklie's offspring, Ecklie himself isn't a CSI anymore. I doubt he has a "shift". So there shouldn't be any sort of conflict of interest.

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Ray is most of the time with a member of the team, I agree, but that is not equal screen-time, If Ray has 24 scenes an episode, 3 with Brass, 3 with Cath, 3 with Nick, 3 with Greg, 3 with Hodges, 3 with Al & Super-dave, 3 with Sara and 3 on his own, for example, that is NOT equal screen-time.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree, the screen time is not equal for all of them. Ray is on an episode for more than 30 minutes of it and yet Catherine and Greg are lucky if they are on more than 10 minutes in a show that runs about 42 minutes. That is not an ensemble. That is mostly focus on Ray and let the others be on when needed.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Catherine and Catherine? :guffaw:

This is my boss Catherine and my other boss Catherine...

11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

if there's 2 of her maybe she can have 5 minutes of screen-time an episode instead of 2 and a half :p

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Awww give me a break. I had a rough day at work today. :lol: I corrected it now. I meant Catherine and Greg. :)

13. Desertwind

Whatever, I'm not going to let the gloom and doom of some posters get me down, and rain on his fans parade:( I'm thrilled that he's going to go into his 4th season. And I guess the shoots down the fallacy of him not "being a fan-favorite". I saw one guy on Facebook, who said "he's the best character on CSI...ever" and a gal on a WIKI site, who said "if he leaves I'll go ballistic" and so it goes. I hope people aren't going to dice and slice and slam him all the way throughout S/12:rolleyes:

I wonder how Haskell is going to pull off kidnapping Gloria right in front of everyone? This will be interesting~

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I think I speak for us all when I say nobody has a problem with Ray, its the uneven screen-time that's annoying, some people watch the show for LF & Ray, but the majority watch for the crime solving (by this I mean less of the Ray-centric vendettas and more team cases) and the ensemble, which is what has been lacking.

I'm ready to accept Ray as part of the CSI family, as soon as TPTB stop treating him like the forensic overlord

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That gave me a mental flash of Langston in his black Morpheus coat :lol:

During FotB, it seemed every paper, document, piece of evidence etc, was handed to Ray first, rather than Catherine. She practically had to look over his shoulder to see it. Everything Archie said was directed to Ray as if Cath were not standing there, and so on and so on. Going to the farm in the beginning, Ray led the charge out of the truck and asks something like "What've we got"? as if he were alone, rather than with Nick. I can't help it, but little things like that irk me to a degree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.