Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Maybe this is Ray's last season. Catherine will fire him for doing something stupid to Haskell.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

They have been building Nick up as a lead. Who knows. Maybe Ray doesn't make it to next season.

Or maybe this is the last season. All the continuity this season has had: call backs to older seasons (references to Sam Braun, Warrick, etc), the return of several old characters (Grissom, Sofia)...

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree that they seem to be tying up loose ends in possible preparation for it being the last season. Whether LF stays or not, with Jorja part-time and Marg gone or part-time, they would have to totally revamp things, and I just don't see them doing that.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'd think if this was the last season they'd at least let us know, I'd hope they would at least

They're bringing back old characters and wrapping things up cause well I think they don't know what the future will hold after Catherine leaves

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't see them killing a lead off at the same time that the other lead is leaving. That's just too risky, especially with the old age Vegas has. Maybe if this were the last season but not if we have a new one coming up.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't think this character that is going to die, is Langston.

However, this could be Fishburne's last season and that could be why Marg is doing a few episodes next season.

They need to wrap-up her storyline and give her a proper send-off. :shifty:

I mean this has happened before. A major character killed and then the lead left later that season.

True, that these are two leads, so who knows.

I certainly hope they don't bring in another big name to be the male lead on the show. :rolleyes: It should be George since he's earned it. :D Besides what would the bring the lead in as? Supervisor? Doubt it.

They will need a new female lead, so it'll be interesting to see who they bring in for that.

I don't think this is the last season for CSI. I would think they would say something and definitely try everything in their power to bring Petersen back.

Unless they don't know, because contract negotiations are going on. I don't think anyone renewed for more than one season, but I could be wrong. :shifty:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

If the show has to end, I would hope they do it quietly...not try to go out with a bang and do some kind of crazy series ending stunt episode. I don't think it would need Petersen to go out on a good note. I still think if actors want to leave, let them leave and stop beating a dead horse. Focus on the ones who have stayed with it.

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

The only thing that CSI can do to last after Marg's departure is to get rid of Fishburne and make Fox & Eads the leads, they've been there since Day 1 (or 2 in Fox's case, if you're nit-picking) and deserve this, especially George.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Maybe not on this fan-site, but in the big picture YES:bolian:As stated by Anthony Zuiker, the creator of CSI, they're happy with his performance,& repeating this for the zillionth time worldwide CSI draws in 73.8 million fans per week. I'm not saying they all LOVE Langston, but how many fans are on the sites out there, vs people who watch who aren't on fan-sites? One of my customers [only watches CSI to see him] asked if I could bring her some photos of him and I did, and she sat them on her counter:thumbsup:...CBS folks, the team and the real life people Marg, George, Jorja, Eric etc. are pleased with him, the real deal guy and the character Ray. And once again he's in the 3rd season. They paid him $14 million for 2 seasons, and could have gotten rid of him after that, but HE signed on for this season. I just know [reading about him] he wants to go back to the big screen and theater. While on the show he's made 2 movies,[and in the midst of making a 3rd] has done the "Thurgood" play in D.C. and L.A., and was chosen for the voice of CADILLAC, a busy man so I think he's done here. And Nick said he'd stay till the bitter end, sweet reliable George, but they will have to bring in another star, how about Charlie Sheen..just kidding:lol:

10. PraetorCorvinus

He was talking about Langston, not Fishburne. Whatever... :rolleyes:

11. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

The damned thing of it is that I like Fishburne. Ray is a ... failed character. Which is why I speculated they may just kill him off and let us roll with who we have.

I'd be for making Nick and Sara the main characters ... the new Grissom and Catherine. If they add ANYONE new, it should be a female character. Maybe bring back Wendy?

12. Desertwind

I know that Praetor I was too, the character Langston , He's not a failed charater to everyone. His portrayal of Ray is excellent. One of his best career moves ever. LF that is. I love everything about this character Dr. Raymond Langston, from the minute he entered the show in "19 Down", how he immediatley fit in with the team how they embraced him, and he them. I just think he's done and has other things on his agenda. So who should replace him?

13. PraetorCorvinus

I love the idea of bringing Wendy back. At this point, I'd take back any of the former female characters: Wendy, Riley... even Mia. :lol: With Sofia making an appearance or two, I'd personally love it to be her. Not sure how that would work, what with her being a cop and all. And I know not every likes Sofia but at least it would be better than having to get used to an all new character that would take time away from the others in order to introduce and flesh her out.

Sorry, DW. Guess I got confused cause you started talking about the plays and commercials Fishburne was in. I didn't know those were so tied in with the character of Ray Langston.

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

It would be great for Wendy to come back as a field-mouse, they've spoke about Hodges suddenly wanting to "go into the field" this season, after years of detesting the idea, maybe they could make him a CSI too.

Nick, Sara, Greg, Wendy & Hodges would make a great field team, they're running out of things to do with Hodges in the lab.

15. Desertwind

I highly doubt that these characters mentioned would ever come back, they've moved on. Liz Vassey I think was devastated and she's doing other projects now. Although I never though that Louise Lombard or Melinda Clarke would make a return visit, so one never knows in show-biz~I mentioned this before, there's Poppy Montgopmery from "WOAT" and Kathryn Morris from "Cold Case" both great actresses, & lots of actors out there to choose from~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.