Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well after seeing that extended promo, I am really looking forward to the episode. :lol: What a way for a Hodges fan to start off the New Year. Here's to hoping that DJ has some buddies out there willing to snag a few screencaps of her man when the episode air. :shifty:

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Newsflash: not everyone has to like a character. Some like him, some don't. Ray's a character and not a real person at all. We shouldn't have to skirt around the matter just because someone doesn't like the idea of other people not liking the character.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

How about if everyone is respectful of everyone....posters and characters alike. Yeah...that's it. Let's try that. :)

4. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

I don't think there's a regular character that I dislike at all, and I look forward to seeing each and every one of them! Even Ecklie has his moments. :D

5. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Oh believe me, I know what you mean. I have nothing against people saying they don't like a certain character, just against the fact of repeatative bashing of characters... it is enough to say it once and get it over with. I for one hate to read that everyone sucks just because certain people like only THE ONE character. It's not right... and not one bit respectful of others.

I have characters I don't like but I don't point it out every time I see him or her on a preview... it's not right towards all the people who like the characters and all the people who just want to enjoy the show, IMO of course.

And yes Smokey! I'm for being respectful of everyone :)

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all, and may this next year be a peaceful and happy one for all:bolian:stay safe and don't drink and drive:)looking forward to next week's episode~

7. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

Can't wait for the new year :) and new episodes of CSI

Happy new year everybody :)

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I love the look on Cath's face when she says, "Carrot Top?" :lol:

So far the preview doesn't make this episode look very interesting to me. I sure hope there's more to it than the way it looks.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Since I am not a fan of Hodges, I am not looking forward to the motorcycle scenario. I just don't like the idea of him being in the field doing CSI stuff. I'll probably watch it anyway, it will most likely be funny like the other lab rat eps. I'm sure Hodges fans will enjoy it, just like Greg fans will enjoy 'A kiss before Frying'.

10. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

I agree, I don't understand the need for him being in the field. I liked Hodges better when he was the jack ass everyone in the LAB hated.

11. Desertwind

Hodges is a interesting, befuddled, clueless, character, on CSI and so good at what he does, in the lab. [good role for Wallace]. He was so child-like with the Dinosaurs. And riding a motorcycle doesn't necessarily mean he's out in the field, time will tell. And I'd rather see him than mean, nasty Icky Ecklie:vulcan:

12. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Completely agree; I understand that since he's in the main cast they'll utilise Hodges more, but his new nicer personality kinda bugs me and I'm still annoyed at his 180 from hating to loving the field.

I don't have high hopes for this episode even after the promo.

As as fan of Ecklie's I find that calling him 'nasty' and 'icky' to be rather insulting :shifty:

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I can accept his reasons in Bump and Grind and Cold Blooded (plus he was just so adorable there! :lol:). I wonder if this is still more of his "getting over Wendy" thing (a bit of a mid-life crisis, buying a motorcycle, maybe?), or just more inexplicable-ness.. :rolleyes:

I haven't watched the promo yet - one a while ago left me feeling like I'd seen the whole episode before it aired, so I haven't watched them since.

I agree. After the first few seasons (around mid-season 5 I think; Iced was funny :D), Ecklie has developed nicely as a character. I quite like his abrasive attitude and different (political/finiacial) view as a foil for the other characters. He's come a long way from the one-dimensional "anti-Grissom" of earlier seasons.

14. Desertwind

Well calling Hodges a Jack-ass is really positive:rolleyes: and I was calling Ecklie those adjectives because that's what the writers have showed the fans for 11 years. It's an accurate description. And Marc Vann also plays this role to a tee. Is he a wonderful, compassionate, sweet, kind man?:rolleyes: I think it will be super to see Hodges riding a motorcycle maybe Ray can teach his some new tricks. beings he rode one as in "Hog Heaven";)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  15. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

I think the reason why it was so acceptable for Ecklie is because it fit nicely into the storylines, and did something for the character developement of the other characters. I might not be making sense, but to me the drama that Ecklie gave the other CSI's, mainly Grissom felt like it was doing something for the storyline, more personal but it felt in place. But lately this extra nonsense with Hodges, and bad humor if you ask me, just seems to to bea bit superfulous. It was okay when he had his couple funny episodes, like Lab Rats and the one that I didn't like all that much with the board game, but now he has these dorky elementary scenes and storylines that are out of place and not needed. This is "CSI"...not "Two and A Half Men".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.