Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I wouldn't take too much stock in it - it looks more like scandal-gossip than a review and, while I don't have a lot of faith that DVT is much of an actress (she was very wooden in something I saw before, and shy and quiet isn't conducive to great acting performances unless you're Emo Phillips) she could have been taking some coaching beforehand, like Bieber did.
Well you have already stated that you may not even watch the episode because you don't like what might happen to Greg, so I wouldn't expect you to like her anyway. :shifty:

I've heard more than a few people on this board state, "Meh, think I'll skip this one" when an episode dares to focus on a character other than their favorite or when a plot line or spoiler doesn't please them.

Everyone is free to post episode info, even if it's negative, and everyone is free to say whether they like it or not. Personal issues and back and forths can be taken to PM's but they don't belong here.

Personally, I wouldn't take too much stock in it - it looks more like scandal-gossip than a review and, while I don't have a lot of faith that DVT is much of an actress (she was very wooden in something I saw before, and shy and quiet isn't conducive to great acting performances unless you're Emo Phillips) she could have been taking some coaching beforehand, like Bieber did.

I agree that shy and quiet isn't something one would think of as good acting. Which is part of the reason I'm intrigued to see how she'll play out. I liked the Emo Phillips reference btw. :lol:

And no fears about not watching the ep. I'm sure there will be some nice juicy screen caps for you to enjoy of Greg after it airs to make up for it. :lol:;)

I'm confused...

Do we know if this is a Greg romance or a Greg injured episode or both...? Because half the time it sounds like it's just romance for Greg, but then sometimes it sounds like he's going to be getting hurt...

Do we know for sure? I know he's gonna get a kiss but that's all I know for sure...

I'm confused...

Do we know if this is a Greg romance or a Greg injured episode or both...? Because half the time it sounds like it's just romance for Greg, but then sometimes it sounds like he's going to be getting hurt...

Do we know for sure? I know he's gonna get a kiss but that's all I know for sure...

It's been said that he will become a "victim" to Dita's "femme fatale" personality, which to me sounds like he may be hurt emotionally.

On "guests", since S/11 ensued, there have been some that fans were thrilled with and some that they weren't. The bomb expert and that Det. Reed, was that a one time shot for them on CSI?:confused: And in "Sqweegel" the famous icon Ann-Margaret, who charmed the whole team especially Ray. Not every one likes all the guests, but speaking for myself I like CSI, so it's fun to see who's good by ones own interpretation and ones who don't cut it, same reason. I do remember the last scene with The Beebs when he had that "sly, evil grin" that gave us chills, and suprised us, good acting in that scene. So all celebs. who show up on the show should have the opportunity to show their best. So I want to see this Dita and then decide if I like her or don't:cool:

Well, for me, I've never heard of this Dita Von Teese person, so like DW said, I too, will wait to see the episode air before passing my judgment on the actress/character and her overall ability to act. I won't let some random article...tabloid or not, influence my opinion.

As for "The Beebs" though... I will disagree on his supposed "good acting." I personally wasn't impressed, and am not excited for the next episode with him in it. Although, I will still be somewhat open-minded toward him. But perhaps, knowing how he acted around my younger cousin during the Junos this past year when she met him, is partly to blame for my distaste for the kid. :lol:

NO, NO LittleElf I meant the very last scene. I was actually embarassed by his performance, .. I'd seen him on a SNL, and was going "geez this kid has no talent nor can he sing particulary good, a one note range.. But hey he's 16, so improvement is the only way he can go right?

I agree that shy and quiet isn't something one would think of as good acting. Which is part of the reason I'm intrigued to see how she'll play out. I liked the Emo Phillips reference btw. :lol:

I hope this episode is good and that she does well in it. And who the heck is Emo Phillips? :lol:

As for Beebs, to me that last look he did in that ep didn't look right lol. Maybe it was just because it was on such a young, baby face that it just looked kind of out of place (sorry for the unintentional rhyme lol). :lol:

Well you have already stated that you may not even watch the episode because you don't like what might happen to Greg, so I wouldn't expect you to like her anyway. :shifty:
*sigh* I didn't say I didn't like her. In fact, I'm probably the only person here who's actually met her, and while she IS very shy and quiet, I think she's a stunning burlesque performer. I work with a band who are very much a part of that scene (Marilyn Manson even wanted them to play at his wedding) so I know a lot about burlesque and cabaret, and I love it. I have friends who are burlesque performers too, and you should see what I wore to the Bizarre Magazine Ball in November!

But just because she's an amazing performer on stage doesn't automatically mean it'll translate to the screen because it's a whole different animal. Like I said before, there's no point second-guessing before it's even been aired. We'll just have to wait and see.

And no fears about not watching the ep. I'm sure there will be some nice juicy screen caps for you to enjoy of Greg after it airs to make up for it. :lol:;)
*sniggers* Thanks, dude!

And thanks, Smokey - I was beginning to wonder if I should've ever posted that in the first place! :)

Last edited:
It's been kindly pointed out to me that my comment 'Hey ho' a couple of posts back could be misinterpreted as me being rude about DVT. I sincerely wasn't - I'm a Brit, and 'hey ho' over here just means 'oh well'. I shall try and be more careful with my slang terms in the future! *blushes* Sorry to all my US buddies for any offence this may have caused.

It's been kindly pointed out to me that my comment 'Hey ho' a couple of posts back could be misinterpreted as me being rude about DVT. I sincerely wasn't - I'm a Brit, and 'hey ho' over here just means 'oh well'. I shall try and be more careful with my slang terms in the future! *blushes* Sorry to all my US buddies for any offence this may have caused.
Seriously, no need to apologize. I'm actually jealous that you have met her and seen her perform. I admit that the burlesque scene is not my thing, but I'm willing to give her a chance in a new venue; as long a she doesn't hurt Greg too much. :)

EW has spoilers! :D

‘CSI’ EXEC PRODCERS DROP TEASERS, TALK JORJA FOX
I’ve felt a little like Santa the past few weeks with all the letters I’ve been getting from good little boys and girls asking for CSI treats. Well, ho ho ho, people — this week I’ve got more than a little something for you, courtesy of CSI executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill. First up, in an upcoming January episode featuring Dita Von Teese as a femme fatale with “a dark secret,” Greg will succumb to her charms and put his team — and his life — on the line. Also, “look for something about Greg’s first kiss and maybe something more,” they teased for me in an email.

Looking ahead to February, as we know, Justin Bieber returns as Jason McCann. The twist? Nick, who gunned down Jason’s brother in the premiere, will attempt to save Jason, “putting himself and the team in jeopardy.” The radical militia group they are facing off against will use this as a chance to “spring the perfect ‘mouse-trap,’ claiming at least one victim and leaving another fighting for their life,” Mendelsohn and Don McGill said. Don’t you love sweeps?

And I’ve saved the best for last. Jorja Fox fans have emailed me in a fury about rumors that the lovely forensic scientist would only be on 11 episodes. But the CSI honchos were happy to report that while they’re still discussing exactly how many episodes she will appear in, fans can “look for more than 11.”

EW has spoilers! :D

‘CSI’ EXEC PRODCERS DROP TEASERS, TALK JORJA FOX
I’ve felt a little like Santa the past few weeks with all the letters I’ve been getting from good little boys and girls asking for CSI treats. Well, ho ho ho, people — this week I’ve got more than a little something for you, courtesy of CSI executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill. First up, in an upcoming January episode featuring Dita Von Teese as a femme fatale with “a dark secret,” Greg will succumb to her charms and put his team — and his life — on the line. Also, “look for something about Greg’s first kiss and maybe something more,” they teased for me in an email.

Looking ahead to February, as we know, Justin Bieber returns as Jason McCann. The twist? Nick, who gunned down Jason’s brother in the premiere, will attempt to save Jason, “putting himself and the team in jeopardy.” The radical militia group they are facing off against will use this as a chance to “spring the perfect ‘mouse-trap,’ claiming at least one victim and leaving another fighting for their life,” Mendelsohn and Don McGill said. Don’t you love sweeps?

And I’ve saved the best for last. Jorja Fox fans have emailed me in a fury about rumors that the lovely forensic scientist would only be on 11 episodes. But the CSI honchos were happy to report that while they’re still discussing exactly how many episodes she will appear in, fans can “look for more than 11.”

Thanks Vegaslights, so both Greg and Nick will be placing the team in danger at some point, guess that storyline never gets old :rolleyes:. Wonder if the 'one victim and leaving another fighting for their life' will be another CM spolier similar to that of the 'body bag' one of Meat Jekyll?

Good news about Jorja, i wasn't a great fan of the Sara character before season 10 but she's been great since she came back, hope she stays the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back