Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bea Arthur was OLDER than Estelle Getty (who played her mom on Golden Girls). Just FYI. I wouldn't worry too much about if they're actually old enough. TV ages are malleable ;) (witness all those 20 year olds playing high school students on every teen show ;) )

How about Sharon Gless, she's 67 and a stupendous actress [I was just reading a clip about her in the TV Guide] and there's Florence Henderson who's 77 also a splendid actress, and could pull this off. so who will be playing his ex? ideas:confused:

"we get thousands of letters weekly praising Laurence Fishburne, and his incredible popularity on CSI. We are glad we have him on the show and glad your glad. Thank's for touching base with us".

OT i know but Geeez that person must of spent a fortune on stamps!

How about Elaine Stritch?

Love this idea, certainly someone who could hold their own in a verbal fight, i have a recording of hers from 82' when she appeared on the BBC radio show Just a Minute and she was brilliant.
While i wasn't overly keen on this episode when i first heard the details i'm interested to see how well it will be received, i have a feeling it will split people down the middle as to whether they liked it or not.

Last edited:
"we get thousands of letters weekly praising Laurence Fishburne, and his incredible popularity on CSI. We are glad we have him on the show and glad your glad. Thank's for touching base with us".

Love this idea, certainly someone who could hold their own in a verbal fight, i have a recording of hers from 82' when she appeared on the BBC radio show Just a Minute and she was brilliant.
While i wasn't overly keen on this episode when i first heard the details i'm interested to see how well it will be received, i have a feeling it will split people down the middle as to whether they liked it or not.

Uh, Sinclair I got an E-MAIL..no stamps involved~

How about Sharon Gless, she's 67 and a stupendous actress [I was just reading a clip about her in the TV Guide] and there's Florence Henderson who's 77 also a splendid actress, and could pull this off. so who will be playing his ex? ideas:confused:

Sharon Gless is probably too busy since she's a regular on "Burn Notice". Florence would be a nice choice though. Or the mom from Partridge Family. What's her name? I forget lol.

Bea Arthur was OLDER than Estelle Getty (who played her mom on Golden Girls). Just FYI. I wouldn't worry too much about if they're actually old enough. TV ages are malleable ;) (witness all those 20 year olds playing high school students on every teen show ;) )
As soon as you said that I couldn't help but think about Glee.:lol:

All of these names everyone is throwing out there just makes me feel really young because I don't know any of them.:lol: The only old actresses that I know about are the women from Golden Girls and a couple of actresses/actors that did guest appearances on other shows. I'm going to critique whoever ends up playing Grissom's mom anyway but as long as she isn't Betty White or 90+ years old, I'm fine with it.:)

Sharon Gless is probably too busy since she's a regular on "Burn Notice". Florence would be a nice choice though. Or the mom from Partridge Family. What's her name? I forget lol.

Shirley Jones

I don't know I couldn't see Florence Henderson do it. She's too much Carol Brady in my mind. :lol:

I'm now more inclined to believe they may not cast a name actress but somebody little known. If WP were in the episode, then I could see them bringing in someone well known as a suitable foil but since she probably will be acting primarily vis a vis JF I can imagine that they'd bring in somebody unknown so as not to overshadow JF or the story line. It might actually be less distracting and allow the story to be the main focus rather than the latest celebrity guest.

Uh, Sinclair I got an E-MAIL..no stamps involved~

No i know it wasn't directed at you, it was a lame attempt at a joke *hangs head in shame at poor attempt at humour*

Ibstenu- Bea Arthur is one years older then Estelle Getty. They are not much older to each other.

I don't think Shirley Jones or Florence Henderson will do it as Grissom's mom. I can't picture them as a serious actress. What about Tyne Daly?

Shirley Jones

Thank you. For some reason her name just wouldn't come to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back