Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sackhoff will play Detective Reed, a smart, tough, and feisty investigator with an acknowledged lack of sensitivity. Her first episode is slated to air during November sweeps.
I'm in two minds about this, completly agree that this is a great casting but will this be similar to when sofia was a detective?, i.e. brass's screen time divided and vartann disappears for two years again.

Having said that it was looking as though brass was the only available working detective, having to work multiple cases at once.

I'm hoping that maybe TPTB will shuffle the role around and have Katee fill the void in DNA (if there is still a void) or maybe switch it up with Sara as a CSI every few eps.

I'm with you Sinclair. I have split feelings about this.

The more women on this show the better. Especially since Wendy got let go along with Lauren. I'm all for another strong female on CSI.

I really like Katee. She's a great actress and will fit in with everyone. I can just imagine her and Cath sounding off (similar to what Cath and Sara were like) and her and Hodges... OMG the snarky-ness that would go on. :lol:

But, on the other hand, are they bringing her in as to let Vartann go? He did leave like you said Sinclair for two years. Maybe this is his send off for when Cath leaves, Vartann leaves with her and Katee's character is the new detective?

Katee's cool and all, but I'm with MFC about the adjectives. Can they not think of something new to say? :lol:

I kind of was hoping that the one detective that worked with Sara in the one ep last season (the guy from Without A Trace) would be back at some point. I liked him. I hope Vega returns some too.

I was going to make a post about my dissapointment in the Haskell/Langston storyline going on all season :rolleyes: but...

Greatest. Casting. News. Of. The. Season!

Could. Not. Agree. More!

I love Katee Sackhoff, she's a fantastic actress :) Like others have said I don't want her to take screen time away from Brass or Vartaan, but it would be good to have another female around if she does become recurring.

I kind of was hoping that the one detective that worked with Sara in the one ep last season (the guy from Without A Trace) would be back at some point. I liked him. I hope Vega returns some too.

Eric Muriano. I agree, I liked him.

I don't know anything about Katee Sackhoff but the show desperately needs some strong female character because Catherine is the only one left(with Sara as a recurring one).

So I'm positive on this one.:)
I was nice when we had Sofia in the past so the choice was a good one.

Sackhoff will play Detective Reed, a smart, tough, and feisty investigator with an acknowledged lack of sensitivity.

Anyone else see a very annoying pattern here?

Think: Sofia... Riley... remember their fates on the show? Here today, gone tomorrow without a trace. We'll see how long THIS one lasts, because the CSI writers STILL have no clue how to write a strong, interesting female character without turning her into a standard cliche.

Ooh okay, I know her from 24 she was Dana Walsh, I had to see a picture of her, well my dad should be happy since he liked 24

I'm also gonna try to stay positive about this one and she won't disappear without a trace like many characters especially females ones :scream: that alaways makes me mad when they do that

Do tptb know any other verbs besides smart, tough, and etc.???? It's getting just as annoying as explosive, Bieber, and BABE :scream::scream:

I don't know anything about Katee Sackhoff but the show desperately needs some strong female character because Catherine is the only one left(with Sara as a recurring one).

So I'm positive on this one.:)
I was nice when we had Sofia in the past so the choice was a good one.

I've never heard of her or seen her, [never watched Battlestar] but then again I'd never heard of Lauren Lee Smith or Louise Lombard:confused: I've got to wait and see if I think she's a good fit. So many characters have come and gone on this show. Some fans loved some of them, and some didn't:confused: I'm just glad we've got this powerful big screen star LF as Dr. Langston:thumbsup: He's a "force to be reckoned with". Perfect choice.. my opinion~

I agree that Katee S. the best news I've heard for CSI this season :). BSG is my absolutely favorite show and I loved her as Starbuck. She's great and I can't wait to see her and Cath together on a scene. I really hope this is the one character to stay like some of you have mentioned. CSI is in desperate need of female presence.

Buy why make her a detective? Why couldn't she be a CSI?

Oh, wait that's right. Langston solves everything, the others are just there to collect 'his' evidence.

Well, I haven't seen her in anything, but I'm sure she'll be ok. I hope. :shifty:

Because, to me, Sophia had no chemistry with the team and I'm glad she's gone. Riley was growing on me and I think they could have had a good 'team' with her and Greg.

Wow, Katee Sackhoff on CSI, that is absolutely brilliant:thumbsup: I thought she was amazing on BSG. This will definitely bring me back as a regular CSI viewer. Best news I’ve read since WP left.
Feisty and with a lack of sensitivity - sounds a lot like the Sara from 10 years ago. I hope this means that her character will be rubbing some of the team the wrong way. I think there needs to be a little antagonism between the team members. This whole lovey dovey, ‘we are family’ line that Carol Mendelson was pushing last year never really did it for me.
I hope we get to see a lot of her. I think casting her may just bring a whole new set of fans to the show which can only be a good thing.

On Haskell and the supposed season long story arc between him and Ray:...it's like beating a dead horse, as the saying goes! There is kill and then there is overkill! And while the Haskell storyline was indeed "intriguing" at first, peaking the fans interest...my interest, dragging the angle out over the past season and a half (not counting what to expect this season coming), it's not building any sort of interest or excitement on my part.

The upcoming season? As for me personally? You all have your faves on the show, as to I, so I am more interested in seeing this "supposed" anger and heartbreak for Hodges, over Bieber and Haskell...the new Bombs expert or whatever you wanna call her.. BUT, that too will probably fall to the waist side just like the talks of Greg's frustrations of the job in the early parts of last season.

But having to choose... how weird would it be to be kinda looking forward to Bieber over Haskell? I think it's all kinds of weird, but unfortunately that is how I am feeling at the moment and I ain't the least bit thrilled at seeing the youngster.

An opinion... I personally think that they should hire someone to scan through different CSI forums to get a feel for what the fans really want for the show....and not go on assumptions. Especially if they want the show to survive.

So...was getting rid of Liz Vassey a way to make room for this Katee Sackhoff person? Just wondering...I never watched BSG so I don't know who she is or her abilities/experience as an actress in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back