Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's bugging me about the Haskell/Langston things is Haskell has been in jail for what, ten years? Why should he even get to defend himself?

Because it's his constitutional right. :)

But yeah, this Haskell thing needs to go away. He never impressed me in the first place. :rolleyes:

I would have thought Haskell was too smart for that. :lol: What's that saying about someone who represents themselves has a fool for a client? :lol: But seriously, this is overused on shows. We just recently had a serial killer on Bones who defended herself.

What's bugging me about the Haskell/Langston things is Haskell has been in jail for what, ten years? Why should he even get to defend himself?

Because it's his constitutional right. :)

But yeah, this Haskell thing needs to go away. He never impressed me in the first place. :rolleyes:

I would have thought Haskell was too smart for that. :lol: What's that saying about someone who represents themselves has a fool for a client? :lol: But seriously, this is overused on shows. We just recently had a serial killer on Bones who defended herself.

And what is the need for a trial? :rolleyes: They know Haskell did it, I'm sure there were cameras, so slam dunk case. How's he going to prove his innocence unless he's trying for that temporary insanity defense. :rolleyes:

And what is the need for a trial? :rolleyes: They know Haskell did it, I'm sure there were cameras, so slam dunk case. How's he going to prove his innocence unless he's trying for that temporary insanity defense. :rolleyes:

That is a really excellent point. I didn't even think of that. Of course there's no one else to pin the attack on, so there really isn't a need for a trial at all. What are these writers thinking?

Is there death penalty in Vegas? If there is maybe Haskell don't want to be on the death row. Or if he is already in the death row, maybe he's negotiating what would his last meal be!

Is there death penalty in Vegas? If there is maybe Haskell don't want to be on the death row. Or if he is already in the death row, maybe he's negotiating what would his last meal be!

Well, he didn't murder Langston so the death penalty wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe he wants a bigger jail cell or conjugal visits. :lol:

Everyone and everything is up for speculation, we don't really know what the writers have up their sleeves pertaining to Haskall.. yet.. we all might be surprised. he's a cunning, cagey, creepy guy, so remember that aspect of it with him. And maybe Ray losses a kidney or some body part we also know nothing of yet. I'm curious to see how they will handle this:confused:

Yes, there is. From what I recall, Haskell isn't on death row.

The thing I don't get is.. he's already IN JAIL, for far worse things than an assault. Why bother charging him at all, and giving him the public grandstand of a trial. Just ship him back and let him finish out his multiple life sentences.

As for that small promo posted by vegaslights, did anyone else notice the quick clip of Nick and Catherine shooting at something? I wonder what that's about...

I saw that too. I think that's the most interesting thing to me so far. :lol:

This whole Ray/Haskell thing smacks of a poor man's Hotch/Foyet. :rolleyes: Been there, done that, and it was original and way more interesting/scary.

Please...move ON, CSI!! This makes three seasons of one very dull serial killer.
You're right it is just like that and CM did it much better. Plus I never watch lawyer shows because I hate watching trials. I do not need to see a trial on CSI again for some guy who already is in jail. Stupid.

The other episodes sound interesting, but the season opener does not.

And, if they really are going along those lines, then boy will I be surprised (not!) when Ray's wife makes an appearance and ta da! Somehow gets killed. :rolleyes:

And, if they really are going along those lines, then boy will I be surprised (not!) when Ray's wife makes an appearance and ta da! Somehow gets killed. :rolleyes:
You're right, that would not be a surprise at all. Some how Haskell gets free or finds someone again to follow his lead and his wife gets killed. We'll see by the end of this season.

Yes, there is. From what I recall, Haskell isn't on death row.

Thanks Raynn. It's weird that he killed a lot of people and still not on death row.

Edit: What the... I just watched the Ultimate Look Back of CSI on CBS.com, and its all about Dr. Jekyll case only!

Last edited:
I was under the impression that he was in fact on "death row", when Ray when to see him, I thought he was in that capacity. Are you all sure that he's not?

I was under the impression that he was in fact on "death row", when Ray when to see him, I thought he was in that capacity. Are you all sure that he's not?

Breaking my vow to avoid the spoiler thread - the current discussion isn't spoiler-y so I feel safe.

Haskell was given a life sentence. The probable reason he received this over the death penalty is what I call the "Joker Defence". If he's viewed as being more mentally unstable then anything, he's allowed the insanity plea. Like fictional characters The Joker and Hannibal Lecter, this is used as a 'get away with my life' card. People who've practically filled entire grave yards with bodies are allowed to live under the belief that they can't be held accountable for their actions. Just my theory anyway...

At his original trial, Haskell's attorneys tried to claim that Haskell, aside from being insane, must have had an accomplice. To avoid being convicted in that manner, Haskell fired the attorneys and pled guilty. He was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences as part of the plea deal.

He's actually serving two consecutive life sentences. Quoted dialogue from "19 Down":

Student: You've never revealed the location of any of your female victims, why?
Haskell: Because nobody ever asked me that question ever before. I always thought it was strange.
Langston: Well, then tell us now. Why not? You're serving two consecutive life sentences, you have nothing to lose.
Haskell: Of course I do, professor. Because when I took those women, they stopped being somebody's girlfriend, or sister, or daughter, or fiancee. They became what I wanted them to be... Mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back