Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

Military types like to use acronyms to make up call signs and nick names in the field. Hey it passes the time when you are just sitting around. Obviously her team mates in the military made up a few for her. They are not always flattering. Haha. :lol:

Here is a list of interesting callsigns made up of acronyms that can be found HERE.

My favorite: FUNGUS F**k you new guy, you suck. (Yeah, I know I’m new here.) ;)

2. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Frankly, I don't care about the new tech, even if she's played by an actress as great as Sienna. What about the old guys, Bobby, Henry, Mandy? Archie?! Am I the only one who's worried about the secondary cast? Wouldn't be surprised if I was...:lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, you're not the only one. I want all of them to stay as well.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Raises hand, me too:bolian:

5. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Hey after ten years, they're like family!

6. Desertwind

EXACTLY, family:thumbsup:

7. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Going back to Marg announcing this will be her last season, I wasn't the least bit surprised. I read somewhere like a year ago it would be. But I was really surprised how early she announced it! I figured she would at least half way through the season or at the end.

8. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

I've loved the way the lab rats have stayed with it season through season. Family is right! I adore Bobby; Hodges is great; Archie is so cool; Wendy is brilliant; Mandy is just the sweetest, and I've loved Henry ever since he was in charge of that zoo where he set the bear free and got that guy killed... :)

9. Desertwind

Me too, I didn't think both announcements would be so close together.. I wonder why?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. waiting4summer

Maybe with the pay cut this season, she is using this as a bargaining chip. Perhaps with the outcry preceding her leaving and the possible ratings this coming season, she's hoping tptb will ask her to stay with a sizable increase in salary?

I'm not looking forward to CSI without Marg. :rolleyes:

11. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Good points. Though being that Marg has been on since the beginning and has dealt with all the changes, maybe she's just gonna go out with a bang. You know just accept the pay cut because I think she's made it clear/final she's done after S11. Also, to give the fans/viewers time to deal with her departure, instead of it just being thrown in our faces ?

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I've loved Cat/Marg since day 1, and I will miss her sooo much, but everyone comes to a point in their careers when they feel it's time to move on. Just like Griss/Billy, she's earned the right to leave with a kick a** exit :)

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

You might want to re-read the interview before saying Marg is trying to bargain or hoping to be asked to stay with a raise. The interviewer indicated that Marg had originally planned to leave the show after season 10. Then Marg said she decided to do season 11 because 1. she wanted to save more after her divorce and 2. she wasn't really ready to abandon her character and the people she works with. She also pointed out that she asked to do only 13 episodes and finish before Christmas, but CBS wanted her to do 19. :)

14. waiting4summer

My apologies for throwing out a slim hope of keeping Marg around. <moving on to another thread>

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Marg, you can save more money by sticking around longer, past season 11 please! I'm starting to suspect if Catherine's exit has something to do with JB's character. You know, the emotional story line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.