Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

:lol::lol: that's funny

run Justin run

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the site. :) If the explosives tech does end up being played by Sienna Gilloroy (sp?) then she is only three years younger than Liz Vassey (Wendy), but even still Liz/Wendy was great and didn't need to be replaced IMO.

3. belle

belle Dead on Arrival

Want to get a cheap authentic jerseys?Don't miss the good website: [[spam link removed] . Many jerseys of your favorite are on hot selling !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  4. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Wow. Belle has spammed this place to all hell. What a freakin' loser.

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

What the hell that belle guy is doing?

6. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Probably was just a spam 'bot. What surprises me is that it passed registration, and if I'm not mistaken, registration requires a code verification? Hmm...

7. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

So, to summarise:

-Wendy, a character that most people liked, is getting replaced by a Mary Sue-ish sounding tech.
    -This tech works with explosives. As if we don't get enough of that from Miami.
    -Along with the above she works in ballistics, which if my fears are right might mean the end of Bobby D
    -Justin Beiber, a pop sensation that is loved by 9-year olds and under, is guest starring despite him only stunt casting before.
    -The inevitable is finally happening and Marg is leaving the show.

...If this is the new creative direction then I'm willingly packing up and leaving this show. Hopefully the premier will disprove my assumptions and convince me to stay...

8. GregNickRyanFan

I really hope they aren't getting rid of Bobby D. I love him. This girl is supposedly just gonna be guest starring or recurring, so hopefully that just means she'll be there while Bobby's at a ballistics conference out of town or something. :lol:

9. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

omg thos girls are really after him. im confused why though haha thats my oppinion tho :p

10. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

Some of you are so quick to judge based on a couple of words in a character description for the casting call which was release the day before the actress’s first day on the set. Sorry about Wendy, but she was let go way before Sienna Guillory joined the cast on CSI. If I am correct, one article even suggested that this new character which will be partnered with Nick had played a part to convince him to sign up for another season. This also suggest that Kacey Monahan will be more than a lab tech, but a significant character this season.

Now with Marg Helgenberger leaving after 19 episodes and the status of Jorja Fox’s part in the series (regular or recurring cast) is unknown, it makes sense that TPTB are setting up for future seasons without them.

According to the casting sheet, they describe Kacey as a veteran of the Iraqi war working with explosives there too which is very cool. This would give her significant experience in explosives, especially IEDs. It’s also great that they recognize veterans returning from service. Strong and interesting female characters are always a good thing. :thumbsup:

11. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Wendy is replaced by a new tech character? Are they kidding me? I dodn't wanna speculate without meeting her but then why Riley came? And then why she left? Then Sara left and came back. Wendy became regular and she left too. .The same thing also happened to Sophia before.Again and again.What is the curse on the CSI women? I am not really asking just thinking... :cardie: And i have really no idea who Justin Beiber is.He should be someone important, google can tell me everything.I don't live in America so maybe that's the reason.Whatever...:lol:

I just saw Marg is also leaving.:( It's her call i guess.She is the only female leader in CSIs. I hope the new character is a good changing.Wait and see :shifty:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  12. GregNickRyanFan

I'm not judging anything, but the initial casting call descriptions, which with all the stupid sex or hot related acronyms (BABE and CEXC which sounds like "sexy") sounds like something out of a fanfic story and therefore makes the character sound off Mary Sue alarms. I'm actually relieved that its Sienna playing the part though. There's always a chance that a character will come off better on-screen than the casting description may indicate. So hopefully, she'll be a good character. However, I still say there was no need to get rid of Wendy/Liz. And I don't want this girl replacing Bobby Dawson either.

I do believe that when they let Liz/Wendy go, they did originally plan to replace her with a 20something, but then changed their minds when they saw/heard all of the backlash and decided to cast Sienna who is 35, only three years younger than Liz. So, maybe tptb are listening to the fans in this case.

13. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

Exactly @GregNickRyanFan. I think those acronyms are military in origin, and who knows Kacey probably doesn't like them since they said that she will be teased for them. The show writers are allowed to have some flexibility in portraying a character. Story writing is fluid. I write for a hobby and sometimes the character's begin to write for themselves, and turned out completely different than I first imagined them.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Wait... are you saying that those acronyms are actually not made up by the shows writers? They're actually real acronyms? If that's the case, that really makes me sad. :lol:

But I'm definitely not going to automatically write the character off... especially if she's being played by Sienna. I was just so worried that they'd hire some chick from a reality show who couldn't act or something. :lol: So glad they actually hired someone who is a good actress. :lol:

15. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

hahahaha my thoughts exactly! ;) though I know I'll stay loyal until the end. I just can't not watch it ya know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.