Season 11 in the UK

Solitaire

CSI Level Two
Back in its usual slot, Tuesday at 9pm. I cant believe it is season 11, my how time flies :rolleyes:
I enjoyed last season more than the one before, so im hoping that continues. Although I was disappointed last year with the Dr Jekyll story. It started out well and kinda went off the boil by the end.

Although there were parts of the episode I didnt like, overall I think it was a good start. very emotional with some good character moments- particularly for Nick.
I love the friendship between the Doctor and Ray, there scene together was very touching. Catherine talking to Nick about her grief over Warrick was also handled well.
And Im glad to see Cath and Vartann are still together, I really like that coupling.

What I want so fussed on was the fact that Ray always seems to be in charge. Why would they let him conduct an investigation from his hospital bed? Im sure the doctors would make him rest. And he always seems to know everything. Its a shame, because I like the character. I just wish they had brought him in as the new supervisor, and it wouldnt have created all these problems now.
I also dont like the casting of pop stars in these shows. Justin Bieber was ok, but im sure a proper young actor could have done a much better job. Maybe if I was a fan of his and had actually heard some of his music I would have been very happy for him to be there, but as it is........
I also didnt get why Nick felt so guilty about that dead cop, and why the family didnt want him there. The guy was doing his job its not like Nick had a hand in his death. Just seemed rather over the top to me.
But as I said, overall I enjoyed it. Still not enough Greg though :(

I also didnt get why Nick felt so guilty about that dead cop, and why the family didnt want him there. The guy was doing his job its not like Nick had a hand in his death. Just seemed rather over the top to me.

Emotions run high at funerals. While Nick did everything correctly, the fact remains that he was the one who gave the order that resulted in the cop's death. Nick being the kind of guy he is, is naturally going to feel guilty about it, even though there was no possible way he could have anticpated the consequences of his order.

As for the family, again, while they know it wasn't Nick's fault, it's understandable that they might feel upset that he's walking around and their relative is dead. It's not fair, but it happens.

Hi i enjoy this episode , i thought the scenes between Catherine and Nick were very touching , i have to agree this episode needed more Greg in it .
i can't wait to what going to happen in this tuesday episode .

Emotions run high at funerals. While Nick did everything correctly, the fact remains that he was the one who gave the order that resulted in the cop's death. Nick being the kind of guy he is, is naturally going to feel guilty about it, even though there was no possible way he could have anticpated the consequences of his order.

As for the family, again, while they know it wasn't Nick's fault, it's understandable that they might feel upset that he's walking around and their relative is dead. It's not fair, but it happens.

True, I suppose grief is an unpredicatable thing.

Well, onto last nights episode. Being a Wedges fan I was rather disappointed with the way Wendy's exit was handled. I was kinda hoping that although she was leaving they would still be together. Was that Wendy's final scene?
The rest of the episode I enjoyed. (Apart from the fact that Greg disappeared for 95% of the episode)
Elliot Gould was perfect casting. I loved all the references to Catherine's Dad- good to have a bit of continuity.
The shark post mortem scene was unusual! But any chance to see Ray and Doc Robbins working together is good. Pleased to see Ray not presented as the 'leader' who knows everything. Although I think Laurence Fishburne is a great actor I would prefer to see him in the background now and then.

I am so pleased season 11 is here. However I have to be honest and say a part of me hoped Ray didn't make it. I know it is likely to make me unpopular but I don't like Ray. I can't really say why but his charactor bugs me.

^ I get what you mean. I think Laurence Fishburne is a great actor and I liked the character when he first arrived, fundamentaly I still do like the character. But what annoys me now is that he seems to know everything. From supposedly being a rookie, and I enjoyed that bit, to being an expert in less than half a season? And alot of the time he seems to act like the boss. It would have been so much better if he had been brought in as the new boss.
Well, on to last episode. Although im a little sick of the whole vampire thing, and was thinking that this episode would be rubbish, I did actually enjoy it.
Some fun moments between Ray and Nick at the convention, the strange sight of Max Beesley in CSI, more on Cath and Vartann, very good. Although she didnt want to move in with him, im glad to see that there relationship is still on, and as hot as ever. I hope tptb keep them together.

Well, another serial killer in Vegas. They certainly get there fair share!
This sqweegel guy is well freaky, the way he moves about. It was a pretty grusome episode. Although the ending, where he said 'i am nobody' was more cheesy than frightening. He seemed like he had wandered off of a Batman or Spiderman movie!

Yeah, more Greg. And not just for one scene. About time. And a mention of the infamous Papa Olaf!
I am really glad they referenced Nick's stalker. I would have been mad if it wasnt, considering the whole set up was so similar. I would have liked to have seen a bit more reaction from Nick, but this was ok.

I knew as soon as Nick mentioned that the paramedic was a hero, that he would feature somewhere in the case, but I thought he would be the killer.

Very creepy, but a good episode.

Is anybody still watching??
Really enjoyed last nights episode. It was like it came from one of the early seasons of the show.
Missed Catherine, but loved that Greg got more screentime. And great acting from Jorja. Its great to get references to Sara's past. Wasnt sure why Nick was being so stubborn (although I did love the tension) but I would definitely be in a bad mood if I had just stood in a body like that.
The story was good, lots of twists. I knew the mum hadnt done it, but it was only when they discovered the daughter tied up that I realised she had done it.

Edit- I discovered yesterday that HMV (instore, not online) are getting rid of there CSI DVDs- they have got now the new, whole season together in one box dvds. So they are selling off the old style ones. Only £5 per part. So it would be £10 for one season. I saw upto season 7. So, a good bargain!
There are also Miami and NY ones.

Last edited:
Hi it was good to see Greg getting more screentime in this episode :) overall i thought it was a very good episode .

hi i can't wait for the new season to start tonight :hugegrin:

But you have to wait dude because you don't have the pirated copy of that show.. :D

Please remember, from the Talk CSI guidelines:

As a fan site for a television show, intellectual property is an important topic for us. We cannot legally or morally condone tape-trading in episodes or downloading episodes online, and do not allow discussions on this matter. Any other copyright violations will also not be allowed.

Well I dont mind waiting. I like the fact that here in the UK we can see the episodes in a continous run, there are no long breaks without episodes. Much better.
And so far it has been worth the wait!

i quite enjoy Tuesday episode , i thought Hodges was really funny the way he was acting around the dinosaurs :) also i thought the scenes between Greg and Nick were good as well .

Back