Season 10 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the overnights are in and they are UGLY.

From TV By the Numbers

Last night new episodes of The Mentalist and CSI swapped their normal timeslots. At 9pm The Mentalist scored a 2.8 with adults 18-49, down 15% from the last new episode of CSI, and down 18% from its last new episode at 10pm, it was its lowest rating for an original episode.

CSI also scored a 2.8, its lowest original episode ever.

Well, darn. I was kind of hoping they'd keep it at 9pm central so I could watch it and Supernatural when they air, but with those numbers it's unlikely. I guess they won't be trying that experiment again. :lol:

I don't totally think it was all about the time change, but also the long delay in new episodes (thanks to BORING basketball). I was talking to my aunt on the phone last night after CSI had aired, and mentioned the new CSI episode (because I know she watches the show) and she didn't realize there was a new episode on, so she didn't watch. She was hoping the dvr had automatically recorded it for her with the different time change.

I'd be shocked if CBS did any permanent time change for now. There is virtually no difference in the CSI and TM numbers, and there really hasn't been that much of a difference all season. More interesting is the low numbers for all the shows last night; could be the Easter/holiday weekend drop.

I would, however, expect some change next season. I do think CSI will be moved somewhere else, probably to 10pm. Both CBS and ABC need younger/fresher shows on Thursdays.

Wait. Now I'm getting all confuzzled. First CBS says 10 for just "The Panty Sniffer". Then the rest of season. Then back to just the one ep. Now it's at least next episode? :brickwall:

CBS never said rest of the season.

Thursday they said 'JUST Panty Sniffer' but accidently released the extended promo, which says 'And Irradiator too!' They redacted the video on Thursday, tweeted and facebooked that it was ONLY Panty Sniffer. Then they RE-Released the video on Friday with the 'CSI at a special time, 10pm' intact.

At this time, there has been NO press release cementing it in stone.

The ad for The Mentalist just said, "next Thursday." It didn't give a time either.
I'm telling you. CSI can't be on at 10. I can't be dragging like this every Friday. :lol:

The ad for The Mentalist just said, "next Thursday." It didn't give a time either.
I'm telling you. CSI can't be on at 10. I can't be dragging like this every Friday. :lol:

Actually, the new time works perfectly for me. :thumbsup: With my new position at work, I get off when CSI starts. I'd only miss about 15 minutes, but still. Of course, I DVR it, but still.

I won't be in bed till late (midnight) on eps with Jorja in 'em (screencapping etc) but ... well, I'll live. Or I'll cap in the mornings.

Seriously, 10 pm again? Ugh, I really do not like waiting around for an hour for it to be on.

Just saw a commercial for next week, and they said The Mentalist will on after CSI on Thursday, so it's back to the regular time slot, thank goodness! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back