Season 10 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what irritates me is that only look at the numbers in the 18-49 age category. Too me it should be about the number of viewers overall. Yeah, I know it's because of the advertisers, but those advertisers need to remember that people over the age of 49 buy their stuff too.

They do look at other things, like gender and household income, when they sell their ad time.

But the reality is that CSI is in the priciest ad timeslot of the week where the demo is most important. That's why Grey's Anatomy and The Office are there. Thursday's at 9 has the most households, and it is the night before the weekend, when people go out and spend money.

Sure, people over 49 spend money, but they are less impressionable, and less impulsive, than the younger crowd.

That said, I'm 100% certain that CSI will be renewed, but it won't be in that time period. More than likely it will move to 10pm, and less likely, to a different night. In any other time period, CSI is a winner.
The CSI franchise has been good to CBS. It has international appeal and good syndication $. I doubt it will be cancelled anytime soon

CSI is going to be renewed that's for sure, jtd94. It's a huge cash cow for CBS. I really hope they won't move the timeslot though. What show would get the 9:00 timeslot if CSI does move? The Mentalist? The Mentalist is a good show but I don't think it's that great.

CSI is going to be renewed that's for sure, jtd94. It's a huge cash cow for CBS. I really hope they won't move the timeslot though. What show would get the 9:00 timeslot if CSI does move? The Mentalist? The Mentalist is a good show but I don't think it's that great.
I would like to see them put a hot new show there, like Hawaii 5-0; but that may depend on how good the pilot is. If it's good, it might even benefit CSI. I don't think The Mentalist's demo is much better than CSI's, but we'll see.
Here is a link to a new article I just saw on Variety today; it discusses all 3 shows of the franchise:

Change likely in the air for 'CSI'

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118018945.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&ref=verttv

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, jtd94. I would love to see a new show get the 9:00 Thursday spot. Anything other than The Mentalist would be great. :) I would personally love it if CSI came on Fridays at 9:00 rather than 10:00 on Thursdays. I have to get up early in the morning for classes so I want to be well-rested.

I don't want CSI moved to Fridays because another show I watch (that is currently on same time as CSI now and same day) is probably moving to Fridays. :lol: I wouldn't mind if CSI moved an hour later on Thursdays though.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :scream::scream::scream::scream:

NO NO NO NO AND NNNOOOOOOOOOO :scream::scream::scream:

cbs moving csi to fridays NO PERIOD

moving csi to fridays would be COMPLETE suicide, take a GOOD and LONG look at fridays tv ratings, no one watches tv on fridays anymore, the ratings would hurt even more than they already are

i like csi on thursdays thank you very much, if they must move timeslots with mentalist fine, i won't be happy about it, but i could live with it

That would suck if they moved it to Fridays:( I hate network executives. They're so insulated from the real world.

Last edited:
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :scream::scream::scream::scream:

NO NO NO NO AND NNNOOOOOOOOOO :scream::scream::scream:

cbs moving csi to fridays NO PERIOD

moving csi to fridays would be COMPLETE suicide, take a GOOD and LONG look at fridays tv ratings, no one watches tv on fridays anymore, the ratings would hurt even more than they already are

i like csi on thursdays thank you very much, if they must move timeslots with mentalist fine, i won't be happy about it, but i could live with it

I watch TV shows on Fridays. CSI for the 10:00 timeslot on Thursdays would be murder. Last time CSI came on at 10:00 I had to rewatch the episode because I kept falling asleep. By the end of the episode I was literally drooling on my couch. It's very sad but true.:(

I am one of the few people who do watch TV on Friday nights so it would not bother me, however, it would kill the show for sure I think.

Friday night would kill CSI.This season the networks' shows rarely hit a 2 in the demo or have an audience of 10 millions viewers.

If CSI does go to Fridays though it would totally win in overall viewers and demo easily. To CBS that it might be worth it in the long run to lose some viewers to win the demo and overall viewers every week.

Yea, Fridays would kill CSI. It's been such a staple on Thursdays. And the viewership would go down significantly.

I'm just wondering what other show will they put in its place? The Mentalist? It's not that popular! I'm sorry it doesn't stand a chance up against Grey's Anatomy. Having said that, with news that the main character might be leaving, it might mean the end of that show.

ETA: Just read she's staying..darn..

I wonder if anyone has the ratings when The mentalist was against Grey's becouse if I am not mistaken grey's won easily as well.I do not think CBS has any show that can beat them so they should leave CSI on thursday.

I'm just wondering what other show will they put in its place? The Mentalist? It's not that popular! I'm sorry it doesn't stand a chance up against Grey's Anatomy. Having said that, with news that the main character might be leaving, it might mean the end of that show.

ETA: Just read she's staying..darn..

Who's staying? Marg or Pompeo at Grey's Anatomy. I know she's only staying until her contract is up, in two seasons. Because, yeah, if Ellen Pompeo left Grey's that would be the end of that show. :D I do believe that their ratings are down too and a lot of people are becoming unhappy with the show.

Just going through what we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back