Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree. Tptb don't need to make the other characters look stupid to make Ray look good. Why can't they all be equally smart? It's totally dumb to make any of them look stupid, but especially Greg when they spent so much time in earlier seasons talking about how smart Greg was. I'd wager to say he's very close to being a genius (IQ wise), if he's not actually a genius. He went to Standford (I think it was Standford) after all. :lol: He's definitely not dumb.

Well to be fair, in Working Stiffs when Hodges asked Ray a question about the evidence, Ray did say "I don't know". :lol:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think Ray has said many times he "didn't know" to all of them and was appreciative of their help, he doesn't come across as conceited or a 'know-it-all' at all. I like everything about him, and find no fault with his portrayal of Dr. Langston, and he's got another side the fans have yet to see. And on the seminars he's an older guy, and probably has been to many, that's how he's learned what he has to contribute to the team~ so did Grissom, just my observation~

Here's profile of Enrique Murciano that joins the CSI cast ..soon~

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006663/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I'm a huge Ray fan and I don't think he is trying to be conceited. But the fact is that many feel that he IS "knowing" a bit too much over the rest of the team. Many professions require you to clock in so many hours for continuing education and we learned in Blood Lust from Sara that CSI's have a continuing education program. So while Ray is taking his seminars, so must the others(like the bug one Nicky took in the season finale). They've got a good thing going this season thus far and I would hate to have it start to be ruined for people because Ray seemed to get to say all the punchlines so to speak...

4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

There were a few lines that I know I didn't really appreciate, one was to Nick at the beginning when they were discussing the soil being wet....Nick said it could be a cooler, kids used the area as a place to drink beer and shoot off a few rounds, Ray came back with a smarty pants answer, "He wasn't shot." Well, Nick never said he was. That did stick under my crawl.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I feel aas if the writers have completely wiped the experiences of Catherine, Nick, Greg and Sara out of their collective minds. They are no longer able to think for themselves as now Ray does all the thinking for them.

Grissom was more of a Socrates type of teacher, he asked leading questions and the others filled in the gaps. Not only did the others answer them, but so did we. That was the beauty of Gil Grissom, sometime he'd be spouting logical facts and other times he was tickling withour brains to encourage the others and us to answer the questions with what we learned.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Ray, but I think his know-it-all is causing resentment among us. I don't know how the writers can fix this. They've tried the newbie approach, which was fine, but I guess they didn't anticipate we'd resent the hell out of their trying to dumb down our long-time favourites for the sake of showing out smart he is.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why can't they do it more like this:

Nick/Greg/Cath/Sara/whoever: It's possible that our victim was stabbed with a cylinderical object. Some sort of pipe maybe?

Ray: I agree, the mark does appear to be from something cylinderical, but something possibly with jagged or worn edges judging by these marks around the outer edges of the wound.

See? They can make Ray look smart without writing it where everyone else is wrong all of the time and Ray's the only one who is right. Why can't they all be right and come to the same conclusion and just have Ray add a bit more information (based on his skills as a doctor)? Why is that so hard? I don't get it. I like Ray, I do... however, I have issues with the way the writers pen the character's interactions with the rest of the team. It isn't necessary to make the other characters look like they just fell off the turnip truck in order to make Ray look smart.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Celebrities Ask Keck
    by William Keck October 12, 2009 11:03 AM EST

Q “On CSI, when they go into the morgue, it’s so bloody that I have to tell myself, ‘Don’t get sick. It’s just paint!’ So I’d like to know, what do they use for blood?” —Liza Minnelli

A You’re right about the paint. “Like the CSI [team’s work], creating blood is a mixture of science, art and failed experiments,” exec producer Carol Mendelsohn says. “If there’s a bloodstain on the ground that’s been there for a serious amount of time, it’s most likely brown paint. But if the dead body has been there for moments, we use flow blood, a mixture of dyes and thickening agents. There’s also jell blood, which is a high-viscosity mixture used around wounds—like a scab.” And there’s edible blood when it’s in the mouth. “It tastes like real blood!” says Mendelsohn, apparently a practicing vampire. Liza, watch out for the October 29 episode, “Bloodsport,” about the demise of a high-school coach, in one of CSI’s bloodiest deaths ever!

Source

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I followed the link...it really was Liza Minnelli that asked that question! :lol: Too funny!

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw: Well, it's nice to know that she watches the show.

She would make a great killer :lol:, they should get her on the show.

10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Oh! Now I can't wait for "Bloodsport". I was hoping they'd do something good for Halloween. Extra blood is always a plus!!

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Details on the crossover:

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

~Sorry to Double Post~ but here is the Press Release for "Bloodsport"

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Maaandy!! Hopefully she gets a few scenes with Nicky..except he's going to be with the social worker..:scream: Aww..well. there's always fanficion:lol:

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I found this article on Comcast.net and thought I'd share it, well part of it.

The last paragraph is very telling.

Bolding is mine. Here's the link if you want to read the whole thing.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't really see that the trilogy cross-over has anything to do with Jorja. The episodes were planned and written way before the premiere aired, so as the "latest attempt,"--I don't really believe that's the case. Try to help? Yes. All Jorja's fault? No, not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.