Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't think they're blaming Jorja. I think all they're saying is that the return of Sara didn't bring in as many viewers as they hoped. They could also be making excuses as well. They still don't get that many fans are dissatisfied with turns the show has taken.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well when I read the statement:

It sounds as if Jorja's appearance didn't rejuvinate the franchise, and they're relying on the cross-over to do the trick.

Although, the way they could have worded that paragraph could have been done so much better, so it's hard to understand what exactly they're referring to.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If Jorja's return didn't boost ratings then a crossover where ONLY Ray is participating is sadly not going to do the case. Now maybe if they had allowed some of the original cast members to go with Ray, then yeah. Cath has been to Miami before and people liked her scenes with H, so that would have helped (then back home in Vegas, Nicky would get to be acting supervisor again :) ).

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

This is very true.

Putting all the pressure on Jorja is not going to work.

Putting the focus on Ray 'ditto'.

Bringing Grissom back-perhaps. But that just creates another set of problems.

The fact is a lot of fans were getting ticked with the direction of the show since season seven. Focussing far too much on GSR, killing off a character we really never got to know, then losing another character just set the wheels in motion. A lot of fans became resentful and just went off to watch other shows with better character development.

However, had they focussed on developing all the characters and not just three in the first few seaons, they wouldn't be in this mess. Sorry to say.

Add the fact that the show is 10 years old and viewers' tastes are changing, well, they've done well to last as long as they have!

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I was really, really not looking forward to the crossover, but, if they got in the awesomeness of Badger/Romo Lampkin (or even Romo Lampkin's wonderful cat)/Cecil Lively, then I have to watch it. Mark Sheppard is amazing. Loved him in BSG, X-Files and Firefly.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I beg to differ on the 'ratings' CSI came in at #5 last week, with 14,897 viewers. She has boosted the ratings, it was way down. And, Ray is also responsible in my opinion. Everyone I know likes him:thumbsup:

Nielsen Media Research [on the TV Media thread]

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

As far as I've seen, and stop me if I'm wrong, but the ratings have been pretty steady as of late. I mean, I see no obvious dip or spike. But that's just MO.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I went to that thread, thanks for posting all those rating numbers, by the way. It's nice to be able to track them.

However, Desertwind, the article is right. They go by what the rating numbers where from last season, and no she hasn't boosted the ratings. Maybe a tad, but nothing like tptb thought it would, though I'm not surprised. They are about the same, if not less, than last season.

Yes, in the summer there is always a ratings decline and you can't go by that. So in the summer the ratings are way down, but they look at the actual seasons, not when the show is on reruns. In other words, any show will have a ratings incline when the new season starts and, usually, a huge boost in ratings.

9. Desertwind

The thing is speedy the competition is so stiff now vs last year with new shows like "Fringe" "The Mentalist" "NCSI:LA" "The Good Wife" "Fireball" etc, so it's a tough road to hoe. 'Grave Danger' in S/5 brought in like 35 milllion, those days are long gone.:( CSI is spread so thin, so the hard-core fans like us are stunned, when figures are in, and they don't match last years. But I believe that has alot to do with it~

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That and the fact the show is 10-years-old, but I haven't forsaken it, yet. I'm loving my Nick time. :D Even if my Nicky time might not last. :(

I don't know how this crossover is going to win viewers, especially when it's Langston going to all three instead of an established character. If you're going to do a crossover than at least one character from each show should be on all three of them and they should be established characters.

Don't get me wrong, I like Langston and Fishburne and he's had tough shoes to fill (I don't envy him), but you need to give the fans what they want and they want established characters doing the crossover.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't plan to watch the crossover because frankly, if this is a Langston filled hour, forget. Why do I want to know personal stuff about a character when I hardly know anything about the ones that there are there already.

12. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Wait a sec...

why did you say 'Even if Nicky time wont last' ? I havn't been in here for a while, but whats up... whats going on with Nick? he better not leave....

and I opoligize if it seems as though i'm panicking... look what happed to my Eric...

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I think she meant even if his lots and lots of screentime lately doesn't continue with that trend and he's back to being on just a little bit like before.

14. Desertwind

Nick isn't going anywhere, there's talk of them bringing in a "love interest" for him in S/10 not to worry:bolian:

From this weeks' TV Guide, lengendary star Liza Minnelli watches CSI and asked this question~

Q On CSI, when they go to the morgue, it's so bloody that I have to tell myself, "Don't get sick, it's just paint! So I'd like to know, what they use for blood"? Liza Minnelli~

A You're right about the paint "Like the CSI's [team work], creating blood is a mixture of science, art and failed experiments," says exec. producer Carol Mendelsohn, "if there's a bloodstain on the ground that's been there for a serious amount of time, it's most likely brown paint. But if the dead body has been there for moments, we use flow blood, a mixture of dyes and thickening agents. There's also jell blood, which is a high viscosity mixture used around wounds--like a scab". And there's edible blood when it's in the mouth, it tastes like real blood"! says Mendelsohn, apparently a practicing vampire. Liza watch out for the October 29 episode, "Bloodsport", about the demise of a high-school coach, in one of CSI's bloodiest deaths ever! EWWW:eek:

William Keck TV Guide~

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to panic you. :lol: GNRF was right, I was just talking about his screentime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.