"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

What about Cathrine? She hasn't been physicaly hurt yet, though she has been beat up emotionaly.

Actually, she has been physically hurt. I can't remember what season it was, but her and Warrick were working this crime scene and it was supposed to be clear. Warrick was outside I think. Cath went inside and suddenly this guy attacked her and she yelled "suspect on location". She did get some scratches/cuts or something from that attack. And there is also the thing in Built To Kill where she was drugged and woke up naked, believing that she might have been raped (of course she hadn't been). She's not been in as serious of situations as Sara, Greg and Nick, but she has been hurt physically before. And there was also that time (again can't remember the name of the ep) though this isn't case related, where she was out at that bar and that guy was coming on to her and she walked to her car with him and she tried to leave and he was holding onto the door. She jerked it away from him and ended up with a cut on her face.

But, you're right that she's been beat up emotionally. She's been hurt emotionally just as much as the others have been hurt physically.

This is a quote from the other spoiler thread.
It's Officer Aker who is down and in one scene Grissom tells Gregg that if they wanted to send a bigger message they could have....so officer Aker is down but not out (Aker was also in For Gedda and several other episodes)....Nick tries to talk to the woman but she does not speak English but the little boy is there and he translates that they are there to help, not hurt. The little boy ends up saving Nick from pistol toting grandma!

It's Officer Aker who is down and in one scene Grissom tells Gregg that if they wanted to send a bigger message they could have....so officer Aker is down but not out (Aker was also in For Gedda and several other episodes)....Nick tries to talk to the woman but she does not speak English but the little boy is there and he translates that they are there to help, not hurt. The little boy ends up saving Nick from pistol toting grandma!

This looks like a decent episode. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I don't know (and anyone is free to correct me on this) if CSI Vegas ever did a show on Asian gangs. So I think I might enjoy this one.

Sounds like a lot of gunplay and jeopardy for one episode!

It never does turn out like we think it will, so I'm just going to wait and watch without expectation. :)

Sounds like a lot of gunplay and jeopardy for one episode!

It never does turn out like we think it will, so I'm just going to wait and watch without expectation. :)

I just wonder where the show title comes from? Does Riley grab Nick and twist his arm until he screams 'uncle!'. And then she tells him.."See told you it takes brains not brawn to tackle something heavy.

Just kidding.

The previews are always done in such a way to draw new viewers to the show and keep old ones. Clip together all the exciting scenes of a show to make it look more than it really is.

My guess about the title would be that the person's death has something to do with their own uncle. But, that's just a guess.

Regarding the title...the summary says that the mother and uncle of the boy are killed. Seems like the "uncle" part might be the key. Or maybe it's another uncle that's involved.

Do we know yet why no one wants to talk?

Emo Grissom has depressed everyone away?:confused:

IMO, I think Riley gets shot at. Maybe hit by ricochet(sp?)?Reminding Grissom of Holly and adding yet another reason for him to burn out.

Do we know yet why no one wants to talk?

Emo Grissom has depressed everyone away?:confused:

IMO, I think Riley gets shot at. Maybe hit by ricochet(sp?)?Reminding Grissom of Holly and adding yet another reason for him to burn out.

Just thought the same thing, but I wasn't sure if that question was abou tthe episode (no witnesses want to talk), but I think it might be because few spoilers are coming out.

And EmoGrissom is tiring everyone out. That last episode had me reaching for a noose-JUST KIDDING!!!!:lol: Just watched the 2008 Wassup commercial.

I think it's because there's not a lot of spoilers coming out.

Maybe that's a good thing!

I don't think the shooting occurs in the scene with Riley and Nick. I think the little boy in the scene (we see him briefly, standing near a doorway) is the child they've been looking for and the woman pointing the gun at Riley is trying to protect the child because she doesn't understand what the CSIs are trying to do. The child has a better grasp of the English language and helps diffuse the situation, thereby saving Riley from harm. Which is only going to make it sadder when he dies ... which I'll bet money he does.

At one point in the promo, we hear Grissom tell Greg that if the gang wanted to make a statement, they would've picked a bigger target (or something like that). So I'm guessing the shooting scene where we hear Greg yelling is maybe a uniformed officer who is injured or something. CSI is always showing us promos of one scene with a voice over from another scene layered on top ... and I think that's the case here as well.

Just my .02, FWIW.

Ali

It could be Brass if he's with Greg, but I don't know if he is or not... and they've already had Brass get shot once, so probably not. It's probably just a random officer who gets shot.

Back