SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Mr. Hardline,

Sir, you are correct. They don't have time up there at CBS to look at on line petitions. My suggest was to flood their mailroom with "snail mail" letters. That will have a hard impact!

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

If you want to save a show, then watch it! That is the most powerful statement of all. Petitions are useless.

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Theresa,

In my opinion, I think the cable companies, like Comcast, that I get my Cable TV Service from, is able to monitor what channel the viewer is watching, and then it is turned into the ratings company.

I understand that why CSI Miami runs late all the time, but I feel CBS can fix that. But my suggestion is not a good idea to some people. There are more people watching TV on Saturday Nights than many realize.

My point is, even if your in a position where you can not watch it, leave your TV on the channel that CSI Miami comes on and leave it on, and of course, record it with your DVR if you have one.

I have this gut feeling that the cable and satellite companies that we get our TV service from can monitor what channels are being watched the most at a particular time.

Peace!:)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since this thread only relates to CSI: Miami, I'll shift it over to that forum to be combined with the petition thread already there.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There were some rumblings for all 3 CSI's (low ratings, etc; recent reports had them "on the bubble"). But, since repeats are now airing on AMC with a chance for 2 more seasons in the deal that was made with the network, people felt the show was safe. This might not be the case, but anything is possible. Continue to watch the show, sign online petitions, and send letters to the network via regular mail. Every little bit can't hurt. [​IMG]

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Personally, I'm pretty sure it will be renewed. Think on-line petitions are useless. But also harmless (I hope).

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

From what I know, it will be. I think they have invested in money in the budget to go to Asia, per Eva LaRue. If I was a betting man, I would lay down cash that Miami will go to 12 Seasons, then after that, they will stop production. Over the years, the typical network show goes 8 to 10 seasons, but in this case, I think all three CSI Shows will go on until Miami reaches 12 years.

I was shock that NBC kept "Law and Order" as long as they did. I think it is now off NBC, no more new episodes for that show. That is going to hurt NBC.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

The only L&O left is Special Victims Unit (which airs tonight, BTW). All the others (The Mothership, Trial by Jury, Criminal Intent and Los Angeles) all are gone. I don't think BBC America airs Law & Order: UK anymore, either.

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I would think they would hang on to L&O because it is the only PrimeTime Show on NBC that is worth watching. CBS has all the good shows. Crinimal Minds & CSI-Los Vegas on Tonight.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I watch Grimm 30 Rock, Rock Center with Brian Williams and Parenthood on NBC, too! Plus, you can't forget about The Voice on Monday night. [​IMG]

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Merged the threads (although a little out of order :lol:)

One thread should suffice to garner interest, I think.

-----

I also hate to ruin the buzz too (and maybe I'm jaded :eek:), but I've seen too many unsuccessful online 'Save X, Y, Z' petitions out there, so I'm not betting this one will create much of a dent if TPTB decide to pull the plug. That's not to say that the fanbase isn't quite large and that they have zero influence, but the decision would probably be based on their profit margin than fan loyalty. Besides, I think that if the show has to end, I'd prefer they go out with their heads held high and that they end on a strong note instead of dragging it out an extra season just because we might want it. It would mean more to me to see it end well than to simply have it on the air, just because.

With that being said, there's been little indication that the show's in such dire straits (plenty of shows that are on the bubble get renewed) and looking at the numbers, it seems to be doing relatively well on Sundays despite all the interruptions to the schedule. It would probably surprise me a bit (a bit :p) if they decided to cancel it this summer, but I don't think I'd be shocked to see it getting one final season and at this point, I'm okay with that.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

As others have stated,petitions very rarely work. In the case of Criminal Minds,there were other factors at work.
    But I've filled out too many of these to know that 99% of the time,when TPTB decide to pull the plug, especially on a long running program,there's no turning back.

13. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello hardline pro,

You are correct! These "on line" petitions are going to be ignored. Yes, I went ahead and signed it too, but them people at CBS have better things to do than look at on line petitions, and also keep in mind, if they did see them, they will ask themselves, how legit are these people?

Peace!

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

How legit are the people that send in letters on actual paper? [​IMG] I get what you're saying jh & Finch, but it shouldn't really make a difference if the letter is on a computer screen or real paper--someone took the time to send it.

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I agree it shouldn't make any difference. Not that I think fan petitions make any difference in this day and age anyway. I would like to see one last season, but made with the knowledge that it IS the last. These wobbly endings - is it or isn't it - are just hopeless. Let it go out with a bang. (That might be an injudicious word, but you know what I mean.)