Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Oh no worries! Just wanted to make sure that those who don't like spoilers didnt see that. It is a pretty powerful preview- I can understand you having a strong reaction to it.

*reads spoiler* What?! Man, again? Don't worry, I'm not giving anything away... this is just my reaction. Well it's just the first episode... I'm gonna wait and watch a few episodes before I lose my temper. Who knows, maybe there'll be a couple of Sandle scenes. I think we'd really appreciate it 'cause Sandle scenes are rare on the show. Then again, there's always fanfiction. Speaking of which, are you planning on posting the chapters I sent you Manuela? Or are you going to post them when everything's done?

Oh Karu, I don’t have preferences. I don’t mind, it’s like you want…Tell me what you prefer!;)

Sunday, I finally saw « Goodbye and Good Luck » and I hated this episode. I didn’t think I will but it happened. Jorja was very excellent, her acting was really good. She made me cry a lot!:( But it failed a scene with the team, if it wasn’t a goodbye to Sara, at least the episode after we could see Catherine, Nick or Greg talking about Sara. I was really disappointed. There only were GSR scenes and when I finished watching, I realized that it was the first episode of CSI that disappointed me so much. I understand that a GSR scene was necessary but too many no! It was like only Grissom was sad about Sara leaving, it was only an episode for them, like if the team didn’t care about Sara. In short, I’m really disappointed by the episode and I don’t speak about the following episode. I liked to see all the lab rats playing to Hodges’s game but except the team asking Grissom if he was okay, there wasn’t a scene where for example Nick or Catherine were sad or talked about Sara’s leaving. We just could see the scene where Greg said to Grissom: “Yeah, whatever…”. I really loved it!!!:) For me, Grissom is partly responsible for Sara’s leaving and the team treated him like he was just a victim, all the team except Greg with his “Yeah, whatever…”:lol:

We just could see the scene where Greg said to Grissom: “Yeah, whatever…”. I really loved it!!!:)

Why do I keep missing the good scenes? Remind me to watch that episode when I get the chance. I don't get why TPTB didn't give us the others' reactions... I mean, they were close to Sara too. I just hope they address this next season. Oh, and about the chapters, you can post one up if you want. It'd give me incentive to finish more chapters and we can get feedback that way, so I can figure out which direction the fic should go in. Anyways, I'm off to write another scene... wish me luck!

Well, where's everybody??? OOOOHHH!!!!!! *echo* Seems like I'm alone!

Not anymore you're not... but I can't find out the other Sandle fans either. *scratched head* Where are you guys? Be back soon... we need all of you when next season starts... *crosses fingers for Sandle scenes*

There’s not a scene in the promo where we could see all the team together or Sara with someone who’s not Grissom, no. I’m really really pissed!!!
:mad:

If you watch the promo closly you will see a scene where all the CSI's are in the briefing room with Ecklie and Greg is standing right next to Sara. It's hard to make out but it is there!

Hey all, I haven't been around in awhile. I just hope we get some good scenes with Sara and Greg while she's in town. Even though I don't ship them anymore I still love them together, they have always had great chemistry.

Wojo! *tackles* Man am I glad to see you here... now we just have to get the others back. I'm sure that will happen once season nine starts!

*reads spoiler* Seriously? About time! *does happy dance* Oh and I've made progress on Calender Boy and the next chapter should be ready by the end of next week... be patient. Oh and by the way, I'm not going to be revealing Greg's secret until the second last chapter. *ignores glares* Come on, it's better that way... you'll thank me later!

Last edited:
*rescuing the thread from the second page*

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I've been sorting out stuff for uni (I go in a few weeks!).

Anyway.

The promo doesn't annoy me as much as it probably should. When I first read about the promo I was expecting it to be completely GSR-based. As it was, we did get a couple of (very, very, very) brief moments of Greg. This last season I've had a lot of bad luck with my ships so I'm taking any small mercies at the moment. :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out for an explanation of Greg's behaviour in 'You Kill Me'. I am CERTAIN it must have had something to do with Sara's leaving, and the scene that was meant to be in 'Goodbye and Good Luck', but was cut, would have backed that point up completely. Not that I'm still bitter about that or anything.

As it is, Sara's return at such a difficult time would really be a good time to start to deal with some of this stuff.

The thread's alive again! *tackles Salean* Man, I've really gotta stop doing that... but still, thanks for rescuing the thread!

Hey, now that I think about it, I want to know why Greg acted like that towards Grissom too. I wasn't expecting that at all... TPTB should really explain that. Do you think that the actors are gonna comment on that for the DVD commentary?

Oh and before I forget, Manuela and me are doing a joint Sandle fic called Calender Boy... check it out when you have time and let us know what you think!

Oooh, I'll go check that fic out in just a sec.

TPTB should really explain that. Do you think that the actors are gonna comment on that for the DVD commentary?

They better do!
Seriously, I'm still really annoyed at all of that. As I said before, that scene would have made perfect sense if they had kept in the scene with Greg and Sara in the locker room from the previous episode. It was even in the episode summary for 'Goodbye and Good Luck' that Sara was going to leave "after an explosive row with Greg". It was there right up until the actual episode was shown, and then it wasn't.
I really hope they do explain that, because, as so many people have pointed out, the scene with Greg and Grissom in 'You Kill Me' was so random. And then we never heard anything more about it.

/rant. Sorry, got a little carried away there...

BTW, did you see the new extended promo? I think (although the one I was watching was really low quality so I couldn't really tell people apart) that we got one new clip on Greg, and maybe one of Sara. But it's got me excited about that first episode. I think it'll be good.

Also, I was catching up on the spoilers for this episode (why yes, I have no restraint) and I read an article by someone (was it ausiello or someone? I can't remember) where a question was asked if there was going to be a lot of GSR in the premiere. And the answer was that they only have about one scene where they are alone together, or something like that. Apparently, the story is very much based on Warrick, and on the character's relationships with Warrick. Like, a tribute thing. I'll see if I can find that article again.
EDIT: Found it:
Question: So, you are one of the lucky privileged people who got to see the premiere of CSI early. What is the deal with Grissom-Sara? All of these interviews and articles make it sound like their relationship is in huge amounts of trouble. -- Sarah
Ausiello:
I didn't see any signs of trouble in the first episode, but the hour isn't really about them; it's about Warrick. If anything, the one significant scene they do share in the Oct. 9 opener is rather moving and, dare I say, hopeful.

... I don't know what the last sentence means for us...

Last edited:
The thread's still alive... let's hope we keep it that way!

It was even in the episode summary for 'Goodbye and Good Luck' that Sara was going to leave "after an explosive row with Greg". It was there right up until the actual episode was shown, and then it wasn't.

Seriously? Why didn't TPTB put that in? Sure, I'd be upset about them fighting but at least we would have gotten a Sandle scene. Not to mention there'd be potential for a Sandle reunion and make-up scene. *pokes TPTB* And maybe Greg was mad at Grissom because of Sara in You Kill Me... or is that wishful thinking? *crosses fingers for new Sandle scenes*

Btw: I'm liking the fanfiction that you guys are writing so far. It's a nice change from the angst and character insight stuff that I usually end up writing.

Seriously? Why didn't TPTB put that in? Sure, I'd be upset about them fighting but at least we would have gotten a Sandle scene. Not to mention there'd be potential for a Sandle reunion and make-up scene. *pokes TPTB* And maybe Greg was mad at Grissom because of Sara in You Kill Me... or is that wishful thinking? *crosses fingers for new Sandle scenes*

Seriously. I have no idea why they didn't put it in, other than that they do have to cut a lot out. Obviously, I can't really complain too much, because I know an editor's job must be really difficult, trying to figure out what should be left in and would should be cut.
That doesn't stop me from being a bit annoyed about it, though. I think it would have affected me less if they just hadn't told us about it at all.
Then again, it's not the first time that something like this happened to a season 8 Sandle scene. Before the season began, the spoilers for the premiere stated that Greg would have a flashback to that scene in 'Down the Drain' where Sara and Greg discuss Greg's first autopsy.
However, with that one it is more obvious why it was cut. My guess would be that they had a flashback sequence for all of the CSIs trying to find Sara, but they just didn't have time to fit them all in.

But yeah, anyway, that's my hope. That the scene from 'You Kill Me' was about Sara leaving, and them not having made up properly after their argument. It would be nice to see some sort of mention of it in the premiere, but I'm not too hopeful. After all, it is Warrick's episode, and he deserves to have it be all about him for once.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but have lurked for a while. Just wanted to say that I really think there will be a Sandle moment in the premiere. In the new trailer showing Greg with a slight smile, I think that is it. What else would he have to smile about but to see Sara again? I do like the Grissom/Sara storyline(sorry!), but I love Greg and Sara's friendship, on screen and off. They have had so many great scenes together. I love the one in 'Go To Hell': ' Missing me yet?' 'More and more everyday'.
I can't wait for the premiere!

Hi jtd94, welcome to the thread... it's nice to see someone who appreciates their friendship. I can't wait for the premiere too...

Btw: I'm liking the fanfiction that you guys are writing so far. It's a nice change from the angst and character insight stuff that I usually end up writing.

Thanks! It's not bad considering that I'm new to the ship... sorry the next chapter's taking so long. I got sick a little while ago and I've just started to get better, so the chapter's only halfway done. Here's a little snippet to tide you guys over...

She turned on her heel and made her way down the hall. "Oh, and Greg?" She paused, looking over her shoulder at him. "You might want to tan before the photoshoot. Your skinny white legs aren't gonna cut it."

"I hate you Sara." Greg couldn't help but groan, his voice laced with sarcasm. Why couldn't he catch a break for once? And come to think of it, how did she know what his legs looked like?

She laughed as she rounded the corner. "Love you too Greggo."

Let me know what you guys think!

Back