Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

^^Thats so true Sal!! Greg is the most "open" of the LV team and yet we know little about him...I mean compare him to Nick: Nick is empathic, not open and so very overemotional but we know soo much about Nick that we don't know about Greg...

So its interesting to think that the most developed character is the one we actually know the least about...

Also some offtopic news, Jorja Fox has confirmed she won't be returning to the show this season.. :(

:( I saw that too, Shazza. I guess it's because of all the disruption that took place with this season, and how they now can't do all the storylines that they were hoping to be able to do.

*sigh*

BUT, we are the ship of hope and so we will prevail! Hopefully we will get some kind of scene where Greg admits that he misses her.
Or a phone call. I would love for him to just call her up in an episode.

Eva, I watched your video and it was awesome. (But then, I am kind of biased since I absoloutely love that song. I never realised quite how well it fit with Sandle, though.) :)

By the way, I was listening to the Sanctus Real album 'Fight the Tide', and I heard this song on there called 'Say Goodbye' which completely sums up Greg's feelings on Sara's leaving for me.

Here are some snippets of the lyrics that I feel particularly fit:

'I know the road, has worn you down,
You never broke, you always held your ground,
But now it's time, to say goodbye.'

'And though you're gone, I remember now the time we shared,
You words still ring out,
You're never far, you're in my heart.'

'Someday we'll meet again,
Cause that's how the story ends,
It's so hard to say goodbye,
Say goodbye.'

This song makes me cry. It really does. It's so sad and hopeful all at once. And I think it really explains how Greg knows that Sara had to leave, because the 'road had worn her down' but that doesn't stop him from missing her.

I think that Greg is actually the most closed off of all the CSIs. He has a very particular façade that he likes to portray to everyone, but really that is all it is: a façade. He likes to share the good things, the funny anecdotes, but he keeps the painful stuff very, very private. Even Grissom talks about his mother more than Greg talks about his parents, and Grissom is supposedly the most 'private' person on the show.

Random thought: Have you noticed that, while everyone considers Greg to be the most 'open' of the LV team, we actually know less about him than we know about all the others? I think it's odd...
You know, I like that about Greg. It's like he uses the whole open, very extrovertive exterior to hide what he's really feeling instead. I imagine if someone were to ask him if he missed Sara, he'd probably say yes but with a joking, happy-ish air to it. That would probably change when he's alone with his thoughts. I think he's got a few walls up there.

BUT, we are the ship of hope and so we will prevail! Hopefully we will get some kind of scene where Greg admits that he misses her.
Or a phone call. I would love for him to just call her up in an episode.
I'd love that, even more if it happened the other way around. Maybe Greg's a little down in the dumps after a case or something and he's missing Sara, but suddenly he gets a phone call from a random number and it turns out to be Sara calling to see how he is. :)

Be even MORE perfect if the conversation ended with "I miss you too". :D

Nice lyrics there Salean, will go and check out the song sometime. :)

I'd love that, even more if it happened the other way around.

Heh heh, we actually had a fairly lengthy debate about whether it would be more realistic for Sara to call Greg, or Greg to call Sara. I think we concluded that if Sara called Greg, it would be unlikely to be at work and thus would not be shown on the show, whilst if Greg called Sara he could just be sitting in the locker room after a hard shift or something.

I imagine if someone were to ask him if he missed Sara, he'd probably say yes but with a joking, happy-ish air to it. That would probably change when he's alone with his thoughts. I think he's got a few walls up there.

Yeah, I think he especially has walls up when it comes to Sara. He doesn't want to let anyone know how much he loves her, and how much her leaving is hurting him, I guess partly because of Grissom and maybe because he feels that they don't think he's in quite the same league as Sara. Catherine did say to him that Sara would only agree to go out on a date with him if he didn't tell her it was a date. That may have been way back in the second season, and Greg may have grown up a lot from that time, but he's still seen very much as the baby of the team. I don't think their view of him has changed all that much, even though he has earned their respect and shown them how strong he really is. And even if their view of him has changed, it could be possible that he doesn't realise their view has changed.

Ahem. Really didn't intend that to turn into a mini-essay. But I find the inner conflicts of characters so interesting. Or, at least, the conflicts that we never really find out explicitly. The characters who stay in the background, who never really get a chance to explain how they feel, are so much more interesting to me than the main characters who always have their emotions scattered all the way through.

7x04_454-1.jpg

"i came here for you greg"

awwww. definate sandle moment
:thumbsup:

I'm going away to France from Monday until Saturday and so won't be able to access a computer (we're staying in the middle of nowhere :) ). Don't miss me too much :p

I probably won't be able to get onto the computer tomorrow either so I'll say 'Happy Easter' to you all now. I hope you all have great days tomorrow, even if you don't particularly celebrate it. :D

And, since I passed 100 posts a while ago, but have yet to actually post any pictures... here is a Sandle pic for you all:

GregandSara25.jpg

For some reason I just love this scene. Well, I love this whole episode, tis definitely one of my favourites, but still... this scene is just so lovely. Even if it does involve an exploded toilet. :lol: Poor Greg having to sort it all out...

Haha, hope you have fun in France Sal! Au Revoir! Bring us back some nice chocolate!!

Heh heh, we actually had a fairly lengthy debate about whether it would be more realistic for Sara to call Greg, or Greg to call Sara. I think we concluded that if Sara called Greg, it would be unlikely to be at work and thus would not be shown on the show, whilst if Greg called Sara he could just be sitting in the locker room after a hard shift or something.
Well it could be that Greg's taking extra shifts (to fill up his day so that he doesn't miss Sara too much) so Sara doesn't know that Greg's at the lab. :) There are lots of variations but I think Sara ows Greg for not giving him a proper goodbye. Therefore she should be the one to call him.

I love those pictures! Keep 'em comin'!!

Greg has definitely grown up since the second season and we've all seen that. Even though he's probably the most upbeat one compared to the rest of the team, I think he may still think the others treat him like a baby. I feel Grissom sometimes talks to him like one and that might hurt on the inside. They probably don't anymore but there's no telling what Greg's thinking because he rarely shares his inner thoughts aloud. Greg needs Sara back...aww just the thought of their reunion makes me smile. :)

I definitely agree with you guys that Greg is a closed person. He doesn't seem that way with his geeky jokes and fooling around all the time, but I think inside he's really different. And what I also noticed is that Sara is kinda the only one who treats Greg like an equal. I mean, they all respect him of course, but with Sara it's different. Do you guys know what I mean? And also, Greg changes Sara's behaviour too. She's a really mysterious, closed person, but when she's around Greg she's way more cheerful and happy, it seems. That's why I love Sandle so much, and I'm gonna miss it so much. Wow, I'm suddenly very inspired to write a fic.

Those lyrics are amazing! I'm going to look for that song. It describes Greg's feelings perfectly.

^Yeah, Sara never seems to look down on Greg like the others do. He's the youngest of the team and most of them treat him that way but Sara doesn't. I think it's just a part of her character to not do that. She sees Greg in a way the others don't. Plus he never fails to make her smile :)

Hi everyone! Glad to see this thread is busy! :D Oh Salean, have tons of fun in France! (See if you can find some French sandle shippers or at least if they show CSI over there tell us if Greg and Sara sounds sexy in French! :lol:)

I love your current icons Shazza and Eva (did you make them yourselves?) All the pics that have been posted are wonderful!
30vc177.jpg
Really keeping up my sandle spirits after reading that awful news in the front page. (CSI Files. I think you all know the article I'm down on. Don't wanna spoil it so I wont say anymore).

Hi Liff, glad to see you posting regularly again. I guess I can't say "hi girls" when I stop by now, huh? ;)

Keep up the sandle love! I'll try and look over the last few posts I missed and join in when I can.

^^Glad you like it Hestia and nice to see you back missed u! :D

Anywayz no I didn't make them myself, I requested those from CSI_Kat....here they are (140x140 specifically made for this board):

shazzarequestr.jpg

shazzarequest1.jpg

Feel free to snag but credit CSI_Kat and if you have a request go over to the Fan Art Thread and to the CSI Icon thread - she'll be happy to make you some icons!! :D

And Hestia we already know :( :(

Really keeping up my sandle spirits after reading that awful news in the front page. (CSI Files. I think you all know the article I'm down on. Don't wanna spoil it so I wont say anymore).

Hi Liff, glad to see you posting regularly again. I guess I can't say "hi girls" when I stop by now, huh? ;)

Keep up the sandle love! I'll try and look over the last few posts I missed and join in when I can.
Hi Hestia, hope you stop by more often! It's fun to see a lil' more of the old crew back here. :) The news is sad, but I guess on my part it was not unexpected. I would have put my finger on a later season appearance anyway. Right now it's just too soon and they can't really get back into the groove of things yet. Nonetheless, Sandle is the ship of hope, therefore we should keep faith that when Sara does indeed return, she'll be on (or in, I'm not picky) Greg's arm(s). :)

And no, I'm afraid my presence does warrant a male recognition in your greetings! :D

hey hey hey!!! wow! This thread is on fire!!! keep up with the colourful and somtimes dirty post *Im looking at Liff*:lol: I read an article at the CSI files, I was sad man...really sad:( I dont know about you all, but i think i should put it in the spoiler box..

Well, I think she need to spent time alone for a moment...With Greg!!:evil: Lets imagine that Sara's now at Greg's house, making breakfast for him everyday. That'll be priceless..Grissom at the lab thinking about Sara everyday and she's at Greg's house snuggling him..:lol:

I seriously cant take it anymore...I hope Greg will tell someone about his feelings towards Sara someday...I dont care who, I just wanna here these words "I love Sara since the day she first step into the lab" something like that....I just want him to express his feelings somehow...

I miss the old dirty dialogue of the day...*Im looking at King Liff again*:guffaw:

^I've become old. The naughty thoughts just don't flow anymore :guffaw: Naw, I'm kidding...

Oh I love that idea Naz; Grissom thinks Sara's out there "soul searching", but what he doesn't know is that she found it about 20 minutes after she left AND it happens to be in the arms of our resident rocker, Greg Sanders. :)

I can just imagine Greg annoying the hell out of her at home though... :lol:

Day 1:

Greg: Can I tell everyone at the lab yet?
Sara: Greg, I don't want anyone to know yet, okay?

Day 2:

Greg: Sara, can I tell everyone at the lab we're together?
Sara: Greg...not yet.

Day 6:

Greg: Can I tell everyone today?
Sara: No.

Day 14:

Greg: Can I...
Sara: No.
Greg: Why can't I have toast? Can I have Coco Pops then?

:D

Never fear, Sara'll come back and we know she can't wait to jump into Greg's awaiting arms. :)

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Thats priceless Liff love the short but cute dialogue of yours...love the last part...completely random...hmm, what if the CSIs hear some rumors that Sara's gonna be back?

Nick: Ya know, Grissom told me that Sara's gonna visit us. He said that she told him at the phone...
Greg: Ya, I know...she told me too:eek:
Nick: What? When?
Greg: erm....in..in...
Nick: Yes?
Greg: In my...DREAM! Yeah my dream..
Nick: You dream about Sara?
Greg: Erm...yeah, whats wrong with that?
Nick: Nothing...if you have feeling for her!!
Greg: No! No! I...think im not thinking straight...I need that blue hawaiian coffee. Got to go..
Nick::confused::confused:

At his appartment..

Sara: Why must you spill out those words??!!
Greg: I dont know..Im not myself that time
Sara: Now Nick knows...
Greg: He wont...
Sara: Cummon Greg...Hes a CSI...
Greg: But I want everyone to know...
Sara: Why?
Greg: Im proud of having you in my arms now...
Sara: Oh Greg....You're so sweet...
:censored:

Back