Ryan/Jonathan #11: 'Togoliciously Bringing Sexy Back'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

*chops down door with axe, sticks head in* Heeeeeeere's Johnny! *evil creepy look*

Ermm... wait.. let's try that again... in a less crazy way...

Hi everybody! *waves* It's nice to see you all again! :D

So I've FINALLY gotten a chance to get up to speed on here (it's been a busy couple of weeks). I was up reading the thread until my eyes got too blurry to see, so I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't stop thinkin' 'bout Togo, so here I am again. :)

First off, let me say, Sil, your manips are totally rocking my world. I've been daydreaming about Bond-ified Jon/Ryan for ages, and now that you've given me realistic visuals, it's just makes it that much more buckets of awesome. :D :p

Geni, your episode idea is also rocking my world. You've really thought it out well, and I think it would definitely work as an actual episode... way more realistic and interesting than some of the other stories they've done. I'm impressed. :D

Now, as you all know, Ryan wore a red shirt with a black jacket the other day. This made me a very happy person. Let me quote myself for a second here (Quoted from my post on Oct. 13, when we were discussing what we'd like to see Ryan wear :p )

And he wore EXACTLY what I was hoping for!! *so excited*

But you know what the kicker is? I MISSED that episode!! But I'm waiting patiently for the rerun. :D And the screencaps are making everything bearable for the time being. :D

Now, as for the moment when I first started liking Ryan, I can't exactly remember. I had sorta stopped watching Miami around the end of Season 2, and started up again at the beginning of Season 4 (at the time I thought I was watching repeats, but it turns out I saw all the new eps, starting with 401). So, somewhere between 401 and 'Nailed,' Ryan was growing on me big time, but then when 'Nailed' came along, it totally sealed the deal. I like seeing my characters get into various sticky situations, lol (sticky... that's a bit of an understatement, methinks). So after that I started searching for anything and everything Ryan/Jon, and, well, the rest is history. ;)

What I would like to see for Ryan is just a lot more background story. As you all have mentioned, family story would be all kinds of awesome. But I also just want a ton of information about his teen and college years... where did he go to school, what kind of stuff did he like, that kind of thing. Also, I'd kinda like to know what he does NOW outside of work, too. Or do CSIs not have lives outside of work? I'm still a little unclear about that one... :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

Something else I'd like to see is for him to actually hit his target when he shoots at something. And to do other equally amazing and intelligent things like figuring out things that stumped everybody else. And being innovative, thinking outside the box, using the proverbial stud on the back of an earring... ;) :D

Anyways, as morning gets nearer and nearer, my coherency fades faster and faster. But Togo-ing it up with you guys has been a spectacular end to a formerly craptacular day. Wee!

2. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

:lol: I love that! I wonder what kind of a kid he was. I would love to know more about Ryan's family and his childhood. I am a bit of an angst whore (understatement :eek: ), so I wouldn't be outraged if it proved to be a difficult childhood. I do agree, however, that it would be nice for at least one character to have had a "normal" upbringing.

I would like to see Ryan doing something right that saves Horatio's hide, or maybe Eric's or Calleigh's. Too often, he's portrayed as the least experienced CSI who needs the others to back him up / protect him. He's been doing this job for long enough, plus he was a patrol officer before, so he should be given a situation where he can be the hero.

I like your storyline, speed cochrane . TPTB should employ you as a writer. That's a better idea than some that they've presented for Ryan.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Move over Ann Donahue... :devil:

:lol:

I think what the writers need to do, is to step away from what they've already written for Ryan, and try something completely new. Try something that no one else has thought of before, because a diverse storyline could prove to be some interesting development.

If I was writing an episode, I'd want to reach out to the audience that has never seen the show before. I'd want to attract them to the character by any means, even if it's over-glorifying the character, or making them seem like the bad guy. IMO

Anyway. *falls asleep due to the fact it's too early to think* :p

Thanks for the compliments btw. :)

ETA: Also, I've been reading a lot of thoughts on Ryan's family as a storyline. Although I'd like to see some of this background, and what made him want to be a cop, and if there was anything more we can learn about Uncle Ron and such, it might overpower an episode if that's what the writers go for. - Even though that's rarely the case. Most of the time it's just an inkling here and there or a conversation about them every so often. Even a flashback into Ryan's past would be nice if it coincided with a case.

I've always loved character episodes. A few examples of those would be 'Nailed' for Ryan, 'Extreme' for Eric, 'Wannabe' for Speed, and 'The Best Defense' for Calleigh. Perhaps they could go down that route with Ryan again. :)

4. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

I believe that WE need to be the producers for once, just to see what it's like.

Forget the producers. LET'S TAKE THE WRITERS DOWN!!! We can make our own episode!! :D :D

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

That's an awesome storyline too. I want to know if he was a geek or some cool kid in college. Football player or water boy. (hehe :lol:) Player or 'guy-who-couldn't-get-one-date'. :p Muscly or a toothpick. The list goes on and on. :lol: And about CSIs having a life outside of work, I don't know either. :rolleyes: :p

HAHA!!! That's sooo funny!! :lol: He probably actually did that, too. :p

6. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I didn't start watching Miami till Ryan came into it. Always loved Grissom (gotta be one of TV's most quotable characters) and Mac, but somehow, every time I see DC, I think of the Irish gang leader in Hill Street Blues, sure it was him.
    I read on the CBS website (they have synopses of epis) that
    Ryan is a competent safecracker because his uncle had been one. Sort of a useful thing for a cop to know, but I haven't seen the epi so don't know .

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I read a lot of fanfics about Ryan's possible background (for ex. HiStory, such a great fic).
    Drama in fanfiction is ok.

If I think back at Season 3 I don't think that he had a dramatic childhood. I only have the feeling that his parents aren't rich and so it was not easy, but his parents cared about their kids.
    He was lighthearted and smiled a lot. I didn't see any indications about a bad childhood.
    the only thing what bothered him was that the others didn't accept him immediatly.

In Season 4 he seems to be more thoughtfully and he often frowns. maybe it's only because he grew more up.
    sorry, I didn't see any indications of a dramatic childhood.

I also want to know how he was in school.
    maybe they will have a case in a highschool someday and they will talk about their school life.
    maybe he helped the poor guys who were beaten up and he got into trouble because he helped them. :D
    I know, he always has to be my hero. :p
    or maybe he was a teachers pet (for ex, the chemistry teacher liked him a lot). ;)

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

inge I agree with you there. I don't think he had such a bad childhood. I actually think he was just an honest and level-headed guy. Sure, maybe he was a nerd in highschool or maybe he was a jock, or maybe he was just an all around good guy. Whatever influenced him, seemed to make him what he is today. :)

Just a sidenote, Annwn, it's not required to put a spoiler code since the episode has already aired in the United States, and thanks for the info to those who didn't get to see the episode. :)

9. szmandatogoholic

OKay, so I've just gotten back from two malls where they both have Hot Topic stores (a place where a bunch of T-shirts are sold) and it got me thinking: Why not buy a couple with your Christmas/birthday money and send them to Jon with a note saying, "You needed more shirts. Here's some hand-picked by the fans." And he opens the box and *bam*, there be a ton of shirts wrapped in brown packaging paper each with everyone's name on each individual shirt and it saying where they're from. (So he'd know he's loved from all over the world!) Can you imagine it? I did while I was standing in both of the Hot Topic stores looking up at the shirt racks. (There must've been over 50 shirts in both stores.) And there was even some in the little aisles! It 'twas unbelievable! And they even had zip-up hoodies!

I seriously think we need to start a fan project for Jon on getting him new shirts. ( :p )

10. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Oh wow, you're sick for a day and poof, the thread is almost full! :eek:

I love all the storylines here. Must...not...get...plot...bunnies...

11. ryan_lover

ryan_lover Rookie

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

That is too funny. I just wonder if his OCD is suppose to be like he has to have an order. In one ep he was changing the way Calleigh had her evidence in order and she got upset and he didn't look very happy about it either, like his way was better and the only way.I hope if they ever do show his house that's it's very clean and organized, if not i'll be mad.
    I'm with you Inge about wanting him to have a normal happy childhood but somehow I get the feeling he didn't. I just picture his family as some what poor and struggling all his life. Maybe both parents had to work and didn't have time for him, that's the impression I get, I hope I'm wrong.

I hope your feeling better Nikki..get plenty of rest, eat chicken noodle soup and look at lots of hott pics of Togo..he'll heal ya up fast.

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Ahh Twiz, it's says it's your birthday! Woot! I'll make you a story tomorrow. Cause it's your actual birthday. :)

Anyone else excited for Miami tomorrow! I know I am!! New episode of Togo! :D *does dance* Erm. Sorry. :p

In the promo when Ryan was talking to that army dude, the guy said they could use more people like Ryan in the army.

Can you imagine Ryan in army clothes?? *drools* *falls over* :devil:

ETA: Okay.. I just realized.. WE NEED A NAME. We have like 13 more posts and we don't have a thread title. I would start the poll but it's late and I dunno all the suggestions. Just a heads up. :p

14. szmandatogoholic

How about 'Ryan/Jonathan #12: Bond, Jon Bond'?

I can imagine Ryan in camouflage. See? That's Jake Gyllenhaal on the far right. Remember how much they look alike? :D

Gotta go, my mom's here. See ya! ~Neelie~

15. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Happy Birthday, Twiz! :D

Thread titles? Thread #12 is almost upon us, isn't it? I'd like to resuggest one I came up with (with the help of a sloganizer website) for one of the previous threads:

Ryan/Jonathan #12: 'The Ryan Wolfe Effect'

:D

Oh...and one last thing. Posting pics is great, who doesn't love a great Ryan pic, am I right? But please try to add a bit more content to your posts as well.

Thanks guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.