Ryan/Jonathan #11: 'Togoliciously Bringing Sexy Back'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss_butterfly

miss_butterfly Witness

sil,can you create a assemblage with ryan and calleight on james bond version??? :D

2. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

speed_cochrane, I so totally wish I could be watching it, but it's a Christmas present. So I'll be getting CSI: Miami for Christmas. (Just like two yars ago I got the first two CSI: Miami seasons for my birthday.) And I mentioned to practically everyone in my family that I wanted it for Christmas. :lol: And not to mention, I saw the third season of CSI: Miami at a used bookstore where you can also trade in CDs, DVDs, and boxed DVD sets. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD TRADE IN CSI: MIAMI? I saw it and nearly died of both excitement and anger. (Excitement because I found it after months of looking, anger because WHO WOULD TRADE IN A DVD SET OF THE WORLD'S HOTTEST SHOW?!)

And I also can't wait to get the board game. I'll just sit all by my lonesome and play it by myself. :lol: And possibly hide the Ryan piece... or just say, "I'm Ryan!" if we ever play it at my aunt's house because we play games a lot. :p

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

ahhh, so many interesting questions and answers and I didn't have a chance to go online today (work :rolleyes:)

why Ryan?
    he looks good and he's soo cute. :p
    as I wrote a long, long time ago he's so normal and he acts like you and me. he's not the superhero and he is still new to the job, he doesn't know everything yet and he makes mistakes.
    I liked him in 'under the influence', but I loved him in 'Crime Wave' and 'shootout'. After Crime Wave I started to search in the internet for further storylines.
    The second half of Season 3 was terrible to watch for me and I still don't get it why the famous incident in 'Sex and Taxes' happened. they never explained it.
    but I know me. It doesn't matter what will happen in the future, I will always like/love him. :D

character development
    In the first half of Season 3 he was the rookie, the new kid who knew a lot of things, who wanted to do everything right, but sometimes failed (for ex, Horatio finds the blood in the tie) and who didn't want to make mistakes.
    The second half brought some changes. I think he felt the pressure more, he wanted to do everything perfect, but he failed. (Recoil comes to my mind) He felt that the other hadn't accepted him yet and he started to snap at them (Calleigh in Recoil) or he kind of provocated them (Eric).
    In Season 4 the relationship with Calleigh improved and after 'nailed' it also improved with Eric. I think he still feels excluded sometimes (urban hellraises, he had to stay at the lab). He has more experience.
    He is always nice to the victims, but hard to the suspects.
    In 'the Score' I noticed that he was nice to the widow, but after finding out she could be a suspect he was not so friendly to her anymore. He still snaps sometimes at the people who care about him (Alexx, Cal in 'The Score).

I know some details from Season 5 and I like it that he stands up for the helpless (the boy in the episode where he shoved the police officer) altough sometimes it isn't always good for him.

future storylines:
    as done before, some hints about his family would be nice. his niece could visit him in Miami and then he learns that she runs away from her home.
    no family drama! (for ex, his parents are bad people, difficult childhood.)
    as someone already mentioned it would be nice to see Ryan working a solo case again or that he's the hero for once.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: I have the board game, and I actually have the Ryan piece sitting on my book shelf. I needed to save it from the dog. :p

CSI:Miami is a great gift for christmas. I already know I'm getting it for my birthday next week, so it's going to be great! I'll have plenty of Ryan scenes to watch. :)

Also, if I may answer my own question, (I tend to do that a lot) I'd like to see Ryan involved in a case as the suspect. - Much like Horatio in 'Under Suspicion' but I'd like to see that the evidence points to Ryan as the killer, and then we soon find out that whatever evidence he either had on him or stepped in etc, was passive transfer and he's cleared. Of course the plot would take a little longer than that. The entire episode would be proving he didn't kill someone. ;) I always thought that would be a very interesting story for him.

Also, I'd like to see Ryan kind of defying Horatio in an episode. (It's not as bad as it sounds) Perhaps Ryan knows the evidence clears someone of a murder - Which of course happens to be a beautiful young hottie in a short skirt so everyone thinks that's the only reason Ryan is trying to prove she didn't murder anyone. So because us fans know Ryan isn't that shallow, we can watch him trying to find out who the real killer is, whilst avoiding the team at all costs because he doesn't want to get caught analysing evidence in a closed case. So then he gets into an argument with Horatio and the tension rises. :devil: (Not sexual tension btw. :p)

And then Ryan gets told to take the day off, and IAB suddenly gets involved and so Ryan's all on his own trying to prove that this woman didn't kill someone. So he takes a Hummer and he goes out to the murder scene to find more evidence, and then when he finally finds that piece of evidence that breaks the case, the cops show up and arrest him for tampering with a crime scene.

But then Horatio sees the evidence that Ryan found against someone else, and realizes he was wrong to doubt him and then the entire team comes together to help Ryan prove this woman's innocence. So while IAB is trying to grill Ryan, and much emotional angst is going on, Horatio and the team put the case together and arrest the right murderer and then all is well in Miami again. Then we have a scene between Ryan and Horatio (because he's the boss) and Ryan definitely looks angry because the team doubted him in the first place, and he walks away, leaving Horatio with a forelorn look on his face.

....I have too much time on my hands. :lol:

5. inge

inge CSI Level Two

sorry, I have to post again. :D

wonderful idea Geni. :)
    I can't remember that anyone ever had a fight with Horatio or stayed mad at him. It would be soo interesting if anyone is angry with him.

The 'Ryan-is-a-replacement' topic would also come into play.
    He would be like, you never accepted me, if Calleigh or Eric had the same problem, you would have supported them.

6. szmandatogoholic

I just noticed how cute he was and how much he looked like Eric Szmanda and was drawn to him immediately, because before I first saw him Eric Szmanda was my favorite actor. Now he and Eric both are my favorite actors. As for character development, I love how they're doing his character so far. He still has problems with his OCD, for example, it gets out of control sometimes and it leads me to think he has another mental disorder. And the future storyline, I'd love to see him in a crossover with CSI: or even a triple crossover with both CSI: and CSI: NY. Some more hints of his distant family could do, maybe finding out whether or not he has a brother or a sister so we can figure out who the parent of his niece is. Maybe even figure out if Uncle Ron is his mom or dad's brother. :p

Anyways, I came on here to mention that I had a weird dream while resting (I seriously think I'm coming down with something... my stomach is killing me and my throat hurts like crazy) that I came up with a fan project for Jonathan and we all sent him brand new T-shirts. (Yeah... brand new. I even dreamt I sent him one that was originally for girls. What is wrong with me?) Anyways, he took all of the shirts to the set and everyone went through them, looking at all of them to see who all sent them and stuff. Kinda weird. (I was freaked out by this. Because I actually plan on writing to him once I find a writing address.)

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Exactly! He's just like everyone else, and if you'd contrast him to someone like Horatio who has such hero qualities, Ryan is just a human being and he has a job to do, and yes he makes mistakes. Having someone there who is fallible and who is not perfect really appeals to an audience, because we've already got a character on the show who 'can do no wrong'. :) (Well, of course he'd still seem like the hero in our eyes. :p)

szmandatogoholic, I hope you feel better soon. :( That is an interesting dream though. And hey, it was a Jon dream, so you can never go wrong with those! ;)

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Ohh speed_cochrane, I like your episode idea. That would be really interesting. I think Jon would nail it. (Just like he nailed it in Nailed. :p)

Another storyline I would like to see is him having to save someone. Like the hero comment, but in my hero episode he would be at the beach (investigating or something) and then all of a sudden someone screamed that they were drowning so he runs in the water to try and save them. The undertow is bad and it's very hard for him to swim in all his layers. :rolleyes: So then he takes of all his shirts and swims to save the vitim. :D :devil:

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey I wanted to thank everyone again for the comments about my cat and thanks to those who pm'ed me about it, I really appreciate it and made me feel better. Here's a gift to those and everyone for it. A friend of mine found this and I'm not sure where or what season it's from, I thiink it's this season but the outfit just looks so James Bond to me.

togo looking like bond

Now for the q's about ryan...what made me like him? His looks definately caught my eye first, man he was just too adorable but then I saw the clip from Legal where he's with the dead girl and he's so sad, gosh I totally fell in love with him just because of his compassion and I thought Togo did an awesome job in that scene.
    Now as for a story for Ryan, i'd love to get some family line about him, mainly about his Uncle Ron but any family member would be nice now. I agree about having him solve a case alone and being a hero. SO many times I watch the show they have him seeming dumb...not seeing evidence and he's always asking the others what things are that he should know. I think TPTB is just making his character look dumb to me, jmo. One thing i'd love to see would be for someone to have a gun about to kill someone and ryan shoots them..just to make up for when he froze so we know he's ok with it now.

10. szmandatogoholic

speed_cochrane, you're right, it is an interesting dream. And I just feel like doing a fan project for Jon. (Like everyone in the NY forum is doing.) Maybe start out with the T-shirts with Jon. :p He needs new shirts. Maybe start them out at a size too small... so the buttons would *pop*. :lol: Next thread title, I swear. It's what it needs to be! *POP* and *DROP* because that's what everyone does whenever one sees a pic of him. :p Hehe. Ryan/Jonathan #12: '*POP* and *DROP*'. Hehe.

11. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Well I already did... The last one I posted. (Yes, Dutchie, I tried to manip Calleigh as the Bond Girl but oh it turned out weird :lol:) Well I couldn't find the perfect pic of Emily/Calleigh to go (hehe TOGO!) with it, hence the weirdiness :rolleyes: Maybe I'll do better next time...
    Lee, nice new avvie. I can see that you like my last manip :D

Right, Katie! You know my Togo fantasy sooooooooo well! :lol: I really WANT this storyline...

I'm halfway through Season 4 and I think Ryan has grown so much from S3. I don't know... there's something I'm still yet to figure out what. I just went through a bunch of S3 screencaps in my comp and I'm like, wow he's like a different person now. Physically his hair is different, he's getting muscular/buffed up (he looks so thin in S3!). Then I think he's more comfortable with his job now, while when he first started he seems so young, a bit unsure (well he was 'the new guy' and he probably felt like he has something to proof), like this is a new world for him (remember when he looked so sad, when he saw the body in the morgue).

Then again... there's his whole new found bitchyness :lol: I don't know why but I can't picture the Ryan from UTI or Legal shoving Cooper :eek: I think even his wardrobe sense has changed a bit too...

Okay, back into fan girl mode here: Twiz he DOES look like James Bond in that pic!!! :eek: :eek: OMG all you need is a gun... *drool* Damn I just dried my room this morning, now it's soaked with drool again :lol:

What I want for Ryan in the future... well more storyline, of course. I agree, something about his family background. A bit of his life outside work, like what's his hobbies, etc. And maybe something that requires him to jump into a pool or sea to collect evidence or save someone... Well Delko could take a break, I wanna see wet Ryan :devil: *cough* though this is very low of me :lol: But I wanna see if he's faced with life/death decision how would he reacts.
    ETA: sandersidle, just scrooled up and read your comment on hero storyline! :eek: OMG you do know ALL my Togo fantasy! ...scary :lol:

Oh, and I wanna see a crossover with CSI LV!!! I wonder if Ryan supposed to meet with other CSIs from LV or NY, who would he get along with, who wouldn't. I wanna see the team to crossover, not just H :rolleyes:

12. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Agreed 100%, inge. I will be very disappointed if we do in fact get more info on Ryan's family background and find out his parents were these awful people who abused him when he was a child or something of the sort.

Geni...I love your episode idea! :D It blew anything I could have come up with right out of the water.

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

You know it, Irma. ;) Well, either that or you know my fantasies so well. Or we just have the same fantasies. :p

Hey, I want a crossover too. I can't believe I forgot to mention that. It'd be awesome to see him working with Greg, because they look similar, but I think their personalities are different.. I wont ramble on about that here, (wrong thread ;)) but i'd really, really, like to see a crossover with the whole team.

I dont really want him to come from a bad family either, although my angsty side is coming out and saying yes. But, if I had to chose I would say no. I hate how they make every character come from some dramatic past. How weird is that? From what we know about Ryan's past, the writers definatly could be planning on something angsty. His parents left them his lawn mower, (supposedly). And all we ever hear him talk about is Uncle Ron, with the mention of his neice once.

14. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Like I said, Katie... great minds think alike :p

I don't want a bad family too :( Seriously, can't any of this characters have great childhood/past/family background for once???? I used to think that about Greg (thought he comes from a happy childhood with equally fun and humorous parents, just like he is), but apparently no :rolleyes: So, please, give Ryan a happy childhood and happy family for once. I'd love to see him meeting his niece too (did we have that in that episode with the niece revealed?), and we could see how a great, loving uncle he is :D That would be cute...

And Uncle Ron too. I wonder what he's gonna say about Ryan... "This is the boy who once put all my LP records collection into alphabetical order" :lol: :D

15. loozy

loozy Dead on Arrival

I'd prefer no family drama, either, because it would too cliche...
    The thing with the Ryan- as- a- suspect- plot is that is has been done in MI before, and also in CSI:NY, when Danny Messer's DNA was found on cigarette butt with a victim... I'd prefer him more in a hostage- situation, to be honest, to see how he can handle pressure like that in regards to his OCD, and also how he can smooth talk a suspect/perp...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.