Ryan/Jon #30: 'Intensity is Sexy'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, May 10, 2011.

?

What should the thread title be?

Poll closed May 15, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe,Man of Mystery

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Intensity is Sexy

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. The Miami Way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

The twitter pic: http://yfrog.com/gyg0zkhj
    Well, it looks like Ryan WILL get injured (like bad). I don't think he could easily walk away from that... YIKES!

I'm so excited for this episode. (I know BBS is as well). Tornadoes are so flipping amazing to me, so having my two favorites put together will be awesome. (Not the destruction of people's homes, but the science of it.)

(As you peeps on twitter have had to endure for weeks now as I rewatch "Storm Chasers" lol.)

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm excited for this episode too. This was posted in the spoiler thread.
    Apparently Jon is doing his own stunts in the picture.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I don't understand what's happening in that picture. It's like an optical illusion.

Is he falling from somewhere?

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This is what the writer had to say about the pic luf.
    AVClub3000Brian Davidson
    That's exactly the angle. To simulate Ryan getting lifted by the wind, we built a vertical set.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

OOOOOH.
    I also read in the spoiler thread (hadn't looked there yet) that he's going to be "blown away by a tornado". So it all makes sense now. :lol:

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

WORD! I'm sooo excited for this episode!!!!!!!!! It will be a little difficult to watch tornado stuff (it's so uncomfortable to see tornado footage on TV after what happened here) but it'll be awesome because we all know how great Togo is when he gets his chance to shine!

I finally finished season 8 last night! haha.....I've decided I'm going to buy it. It's really a great season. Even though some of Ryan's moments were OOC, he still got some great screen time, as well as the other characters. I didn't feel like a "particular" storyline overthrew the whole show. It was good.

Can't wait to see season 9! lol!!

About the different roles thing.....the more roles our guy is in the better. Even if it's only a cameo, he's still getting his name and talent out there more and more. Who knows, maybe one day he'll have a big role in a big movie. :) It worked for Adam in I Can Do Bad All By Myself. He did an AWESOME job in that movie, and the movie itself was amazing. And I imagine he will get more roles in the future because of it. So hopefully Togo will land an awesome role like that. :)

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Hollyyo... I'm so sorry about what happened in your town, a little OT, I know... but I've always been fascinated with Tornadoes... and some of the footage I seen of your area (have a friend that lives there as well), scared me SILLY! :( Hope your town is recovering nicely...

Back on topic-- I'm really excited for the spoken ep! I am even MORE excited that I believe Jon will get a chance to shine. I'm hoping this means more screentime for Ryan this season... *crosses fingers*

SO, he gets blown away? What does he do, take off running right into the tornado??? Hey, with these writers, you just never know!! :lol:

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I understand all that; that is why I said I am excited he got the chance. I am simply expressing my frustration at wanting to watch a semi-intelligent comedy once-in-awhile. I am hoping that this is one of them.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The set picture looks as if he is in a room,probably a home when he is blown away.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

ohh, this all sounds very exciting. Im looking forward to the new season lots more now, so they better not disappoint :)
    Im glad im not even bothering with a no spoiler rule this year. I usually try, but couldnt be bothered this time.
    Theresa- I completely agree with you. Glad Jon is getting to be in a film, but hoping its better than all of the other comedy dross that has been coming out these past few years.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It being better or not is only going to be opinions of the viewers. What is the "semi-intelligent comedy" that Theresa mentioned?.I'm sure there are those that have considered some of the comedies of the last few years intelligent and some that considered them all trash. From what we have seen, we all know Jon can have a rather wicked sense of humor and that may just be seen in this film as well,we don't know.Unfortunately,we don't know really anything about this film. I'm assuming(perhaps wrongly) that it could be an indie film as well.
    I just hope that all of his projects are stepping stones to something more for him, be it acting and/or writing/directing

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Think i'll head to YT and watch a good comedy with Jon xd

13. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

thanks BBS. your avatar still makes me pause to stare. hahahaha!

Solitaire, I've never been able to resist myself from spoilers. I have no idea how people are able to do it lol! Guess I'm a tad impatient. ;)

I looked on the info for the Somebody movie (or whatever it's called) and Jon is not the "farting man" ....lol. His character is "older Lyle" or something. I didn't see anyone playing a younger Lyle, but whatever. I'm still happy he's getting more acting jobs. :) So I hope when Miami ends (which I also hope never happens) , that he'll continue to do great things. :)

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I think I read somewhere that Jon really likes arthouse movies. Therefore, it is probably safe to say that he prefers to work on projects that hone his craft more than for the movie’s marketability. His new movie is definitely an independent film. The writer/director, Bob Byington, is a well-respected filmmaker who has been making movies in Austin since the mid-1990s. At the 2009 Traverse City Film Festival, he won the Stanley Kubrick Award for Innovative Filmmaking for Harmony and Me and RSO [Registered Sex Offender], both of which are available on Netflix. Byington has also received multiple awards for various local film projects. If anyone has seen these movies, it would be great to hear from you because then we could get a feel for the type of comedies he makes. The online reviewers seem to really like Harmony and Me.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks Theresa,I use Netflix so will try to check out Byington's films.
    I do agree with you that Jon is more interested in working on his craft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.