Ryan/Jon # 28 - Togo Where No Thread has Gone Before

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by greatfan, Sep 20, 2010.

?

Thread Name

Poll closed Sep 27, 2010.
  1. Ryan Wolfe,Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. His royal Hotness/part 2

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. The Miami Way

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. A Smile Brighter than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. The Definition Of Gorgeous

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  8. Togo Where No Thread has Gone Before

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  9. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

oh jesus! did i miss whole page of posts? :eek:
    wow i thought i was away for a day but it looks more like a week...
    basically this is my top 1 thread where i tend to post mostly.

gee i really feel left outside in the deep snow, more like a cave...
    ok enough for my rant.
    what's new on the show? what's that talking about new tech?

btw when i saw tuesday's episode (still s8) i suddenly was hit by laughing fit- Ryan looks so tiny compared to Walter. it was kinda funny that moment, and their snarky banter.
    lovely actually :)

anyways, s8 is slowly getting closer to end and i'm dreading whether they'll get the s9 up till then. i read somewhere that it's pretty expensive to get the show rolling here. sometimes i think easier to get a dvd set instead.

well i had something to say about the episode but i lost my trail, i guess i had to post that on tuesday right away..

2. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Same here. Give me scenes of Tom performing autopsies rather than another soap operatic show that was meant to be a detective show! There's just too much action scenes even beyond protocols that I forget that I was watching a show based on forensics.

As for the nice Identical trailer, I wonder why the cigarette lighting was in slow motion. I haven't read the book, but it seems that Rich is the nice one rather than the evil one. Unless, he could have put something in the lighter that he gave to that guy. Jon looks great in that trailer. :)

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

so there is a new tech or not? :confused:
    ok why not new tech, fresh blood. yeah immediate pairing not needed, though could be just friendship and lot of fun:lol:
    i'm wondering what else i've missed... gotta read episode reviews or i'm lost *scratches head*

gotta take a look at trailer, if i find it...

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Truthfully,I just want good quality time and good stories for Ryan. No one seems to remember that when talking about plans and stories for the characters for season 9 (either producers Dube or O'Brien?) Ryan was never mentioned,ever! Are there plans for him? Every single main character,even Walter, was mentioned.If a romance is what gets him a good story and extra time, so be it. However,it looks as if it's going to be Horatio anyway,so there appears to be no need to get upset over a romance for Ryan.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't mind Ryan having a love interest. I'd just prefer it not to be a lab tech (even though in fanfic I ship Ryan/Valera, but that should stay in fanficland). On the actual show since there's been so many office romances, I would just prefer the next romance a main character on the show has to be with someone they didn't work with... someone in a way different field, but a field that could sometimes cross paths with the CSIs. For example: child welfare.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Someone in another field would work nicely,but I still think the whole thing is a moot point.
    And yes, I'm in a very pessimistic mood.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I dont mind the idea of a romantic connection for Ryan, but like others here I would prefer it if it were someone from outside the lab. We could see her once or twice and then he could refer to her now and then. Little snippets of his personal life, which is something his character has always been lacking.
    It would be cool if he did get back together with this ex(as long as she isnt a complete bitch or something :)) and then had the relationship going on for the rest of the season. But Im guessing now they have said that H is going to get a romantic interest Ryan will be left out.)

Greatfan- keep the faith! We are getting lots of good Ryan stuff so far, and the best is yet to come.(hopefully!) :)

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Well, I actually like the 'romance' side of the CSI shows. I adored Danny/Lindsay... I don't mind it, so long as it's not mentioned in every single show. I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan have an 'office' romance, I won't get into who I'd really like to see him with, but yeah. The new tech or whatever wouldn't bother me especially because they don't show them that often... and it would probably just be a every now and then thing.

I like the idea of her being away from work for the simple fact it is NORMAL. It's NOT normal to never go on a date or a relationship in 6 years. Then again, maybe he's just 'private' about his private life (we do know this), and he hasn't said anything. Would still love to see a mention of it though....

I just think Ryan could be really flirty if they allowed it. That's a cute/fun side of his personality I'd really enjoy. (We've seen it in earlier seasons!) Guess I'll continue to write/read fiction for that.

Shoot, I hear even Greg is getting some lovin' in January, per TV guide... I just want to see that side of Ryan with someone who isn't a b*tch!

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

It isn't? Darn, me and my father's side of the family must be walking freak shows then :lol:

I agree with those who don't want an 'office romance' for Ryan...then again I don't like romantic relationships in general. If they're going to concentrate on Ryan's private life (fingers crossed!) then I want to know more about his family, or where he comes from...hell, I want to know more about his apparent golfing habits! :lol:

Hope you're in a better mood soon greatfan. After all, if I can be positive about a season and how tptb are going to handle it then anyone can :p

10. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

^^ No, I don't mean it's 'abnormal' in that way, per say, I mean for THIS show, like... we've seen Delko have several woman/flings... he even lost his badge during one. Nat has an ex hubby, Calleigh has been with a few guys involved with work,Yelina had Ray, and H has had quite a few himself... All we've seen from Ryan is Erica, and that's negative. I want to see something positive. Like I enjoyed his flirty ways with the sketch artist earlier in the season. After all, he's a young, single, very attractive guy--- you'd think they'd at least have a few woman hitting on him now and again (they always did Eric).

:)

Thanks Mjszud over in the spoiler thread for this: As for the new lab girl -- I've read that her name is 'Molly', she shows up in episode 14, & that Ryan is interested in her. She has scenes with him in the lab & later at the end of the episode with him, Walter & Natalia.

I'm interested/intrigued. I think it will be good for him, even if it's not serious. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm a little better(not much though) All of my bad mood doesn't have to with Jon/Ryan, there are other things. When I read about Horatio possibly getting another love interest,that did push me more into a bad/pessimistic mood.
    I too had read about Molly(trace tech) and Ryan.To later see her possibly connected to Horatio just irritated me.He should have someone mature ,a little closer to his own age.He's apparently still grieving for Marisol,why hook him up when there is someone else (Ryan) that it would be more appropriate to hook someone else with if Miami indeed does want to do another romance.Horatio has issues to work on anyway.
    I agree,Ryan can be flirty,and he's adorable when he does flirt.It's normal for someone his age,as well as being single to be flirty at times.I would think he would be someone that women would flirt with,and a lot!
    Eric,the actor that plays Greg apparently worked on his own behalf to get some lovin,even down to recruiting the person that plays his love interest.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't get the impression that Horatio will be connected to the new lab girl --

That last sentence isn't in quotations, it's not O'Brien's words but rather Adam Bryants' 2 cents worth.

As for the possibility of Ryan & the new lab tech - I like the idea & hope to see a little something come from it, even if it's not too serious & just light-hearted & fun...I think it would be really good to show this side of Ryan, & it'd also be nice for the audience to finally see something fresh in the love department.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You're right about the quotations and Adam's 2 cents worth.I like the idea of Ryan and some kind of romance,even if it's rarely mentioned and very background.I'm all for light hearted fun,and Jon can pull that off easily. All we have seen romantic wise is that brat Erica.

14. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I agree. I'd like a mention of his niece, uncle, or even his parents and siblings (if he has any). I just like to stick to main things about a show based on forensics and crime science, not another The Young And The Restless.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I would like the focus to be about forensics and crime too but Miami seems determined that there be some romance somewhere within the show.No one wants a soap opera,a rare glimpse or mention of a romance shouldn't be problematic.No one is speaking of hot torrid scenes or anything like that.I do think it's important that Jon/Ryan have qualty screentime,scenes and stories as said before.Right now,there isn't even a mention of family.We have only assumed he has at least one sibling because of a mere mention of a niece in season 5.We have seen family members for H,Calleigh,Eric as well as Natalia.For Ryan,we have seen a picture.
    A rarely mentioned,non intrusive romance for Ryan away from the lab shouldn't produce soap opera effects,which is what the proposed plans for an upcoming romance for another character spoken of by the producers would definitely cause.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.