• Wolfe's Gang

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Greatfan's post (yesterday at 3.23 pm), I am also puzzled why Horatio calls Ryan Mr. Wolfe. I watch so many other tv shows, in no one does the boss call any member of the team by their surname! It would be less odd to call the boss Mr so and so or OK if the boss called EVERYONE by their surname which isn't the case here.
It was always highly ridiculous to me that Mulder and Scully used to call each other by their surnames even after 10 years of working together!

The problem with getting your neighbors hooked on the show is everytime you walk your dog past their house (which I do twice a day), an extra 10 mins is spent listening to how great Ryan was and how great this and that scene with him was!

Regarding Greatfan's post (yesterday at 3.23 pm), I am also puzzled why Horatio calls Ryan Mr. Wolfe. I watch so many other tv shows, in no one does the boss call any member of the team by their surname! It would be less odd to call the boss Mr so and so or OK if the boss called EVERYONE by their surname which isn't the case here.

Ever watch NCIS? Gibbs for the most part (though not always) calls the men on his team by their last names (McGee, DiNozzo, Palmer). Only Abby, Cate (when she was alive), Ziva and Ducky are almost always called by their given name.

It was always highly ridiculous to me that Mulder and Scully used to call each other by their surnames even after 10 years of working together!

To each his (or her) own. I always thought it made Mulder and Scully's relationship so much more interesting that they had a chemistry so explosive no couple comes close to it - though everyone keeps trying (horribly in some cases) - and yet they still called each other by their last names.

The undeniable UST between those two for so many years drove fans of those characters NUTS ... and yet after all the time together and everything they'd been through, they still called each other by their last names.

In the beginning I think it was just because they were partners. Later, when it became obvious that there was a connection and an attraction that couldn't be overlooked, I think it helped them to not cross the line. Eventually hearing them call each other by their last name made them unique and I thought as the years went by they each made the other's name sound more and more intimate as the relationship progressed.

Hearing them call each other "Fox" and "Dana" would have been totally and completely out of character, imo.

And let us not forget that Mulder HATED the name "Fox", even telling Scully that he didn't let his parents call him Fox (which later turned out to be a fib when his parents were introduced and both always called him Fox).

And when they said each others last names, was more passionate, loving and intimate that he ever could have been if they'd used their first names with each other.

And just in passing ... I've never really seen either Ryan or Natalia react in a negative way when Horatio refers to them as Mr. Wolfe and Ms. Boa Vista - unless I've missed something (entirely possible in the last 4 years while I was trying to avoid a certain storyline and it's all consuming participants).

In fact I've grown to totally enjoy whenever I get a chance to see Horatio and Ryan or Horatio and Natalia working together. And the ultimate ... be still my heart ... Horatio, Ryan AND Natalia working together. Throw in Frank and I'm in CSI Miami heaven!! :thumbsup: (Walter hasn't yet reached the status of being part of my perfect team, but if he keeps treating Ryan right ... it won't be long! ;))

Now there's a TEAM!! :beer:

^^
I'm not really puzzled as to why H calls Ryan "Mr Wolfe",just more curious. In my mind I do think it was more along the Criminal Minds situation when Ryan first came on board. Spencer Reid bought up to Hotch that Gideon didn't like him because he refered to him as Dr. Reid. Hotch pointed out that Gideon respected him and because of his young age,wanted others to respect him too.It could be something like that with Horatio and Ryan,or it could simply be that Horatio thinks "Mr Wolfe" suits him. I don't think it means he isn't close to Ryan as some choose to think or doesn't trust him.I not only think the name suits him but sounds sexy as well.
Delynn,I like your ultimate team,it's fantastic!

Last edited:
Re: the name thing. You have to remember that Ryan (Natalia as well) was new to the lab & H didn't know him -- what he did know was that Ryan was a patrol cop, and that Natalia had alot under her belt as well.....the "newbies" were both experienced. More than likely Horatio was just being respectful & professional in how he addressed them & the names just stuck with him.

It doesn't bother me at all, but I do get a little giggle when H actually addresses Natalia as 'Natalia', and definitly would if he called Ryan 'Ryan' - but it doesn't disappoint me that he hasn't.
What matters, to me anyway, is that Ryan (and Nat) address Horatio as 'H' now -- it's enough to suggest that they are indeed on some sort of personal level, there's a closeness there..... & I'm sure the feelings are all mutual.

In my mind I do think it was more along the Criminal Minds situation when Ryan first came on board.
I agree. With Ryan being as young as he was when he first came in, I don't think H wanted him to be viewed as "just a kid".

I think Horatio actually called Ryan just "Wolfe" for most of season 3. It wasn't until season 4ish that he started calling him "Mr. Wolfe" all the time. So the respect theory makes a lot of sense. Ryan had established himself as a capable and reliable member of the team by then.

And Delynn, totally agree with you on the dream team! :thumbsup:

I think it's because H refers to Eric and Cal by their first names and Ryan and Nat (for the most part) by their last names that some people (even myself at one point) thought/think it's because H hasn't known them as long as he has those two that he calls them by their last name. Although Speed was often called by his last name, but I think that was more of an affectionate nickname than anything else.

But if I had a last name like Wolfe then I sure wouldn't mind being called it by my boss. :lol: Sadly the animal I have for a last name isn't as cool :shifty::p

There is a radio show that airs every Friday night entitled " CSI:Miami Divas N Gents Talk Show" I only listened for a few minutes. This weeks topic was actually Speed and Alexx,but they got off topic for a few minutes and it was Jon that got them off topic.One of the host as well as several others mentioned that they had Togo fever and there was mention of Togo fever on on quite a few college campuses.Our guy is hard to resist.

There is a radio show that airs every Friday night entitled " CSI:Miami Divas N Gents Talk Show" I only listened for a few minutes. This weeks topic was actually Speed and Alexx,but they got off topic for a few minutes and it was Jon that got them off topic.One of the host as well as several others mentioned that they had Togo fever and there was mention of Togo fever on on quite a few college campuses.Our guy is hard to resist.

omg what is this radio station and can i get it in pennsylvania??? as for togo fever, i definitely got it bad, real bad. :adore: :sigh: OCTOBER 3 GET HERE FASTER!! :scream::scream::scream:

omg what is this radio station and can i get it in pennsylvania??? as for togo fever, i definitely got it bad, real bad. :adore: :sigh: OCTOBER 3 GET HERE FASTER!! :scream::scream::scream:
You can find the station on line.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/csimia...show-1?&utm_source=remail&utm_medium=listener
It airs every Friday at 10 PM Eastern time.I believe it's going to air next week on Sat because one of the host won't be available. The show is not a professional show,but rather amateur in nature and I think it's only been on the air several week.I've only listened probaby twice and only a few minutes.
I do know one of the topics coming up will be Ryan and Eric .

Cool. I definitely have Togo fever. This site is where I come to relieve it :lol:

I wish there was more of a remedy available for Togo fever.There seems to be a short supply to help us here over the summer.Hopefully,we will get a larger supply starting in Oct.

I wish there was more of a remedy available for Togo fever.There seems to be a short supply to help us here over the summer.Hopefully,we will get a larger supply starting in Oct.

That's the only remedy I can see:devil::devil:. But as another one of us so correctly stated (sorry I can't remember who) we all don't suffer from it, we ENJOY it:devil::drool::devil::drool::devil:

Help for Togo Hotness

That's the only remedy I can see:devil::devil:. But as another one of us so correctly stated (sorry I can't remember who) we all don't suffer from it, we ENJOY it:devil::drool::devil::drool::devil:

Help for Togo Hotness

Thanks for the great pictures!! I love how good he looks in yellow, there's not many guys out there who can pull it off that well :drool:

And if I had a balcony, I'd want to look down and see the fourth picture. :lol::drool::devil::adore:

It would be nice to look down from a balcony and see Jon.I'm sure everyone here will keep this just between us,but I have the 3rd picture on my bedside table. It's really nice to open your eyes to that view.
Thanks for the pics MiamiWolfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back