Ryan/Jon #26 - 'We Want More Ryan'!

What should the title be for the new thread?

• Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • TNT Togo

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Wolfe's Gang

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Fellowship of the Fishy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • We want more Ryan!

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Thank you for all the pics. The more pics there are, the more likely I am to survive this no new episode drought.

Found this article. It's from this February but I don't think I've seen it on here. It sounds like he likes playing the "bad cop" or the one always in trouble.

Monday, Feb. 22, 2010

Q&A: Jonathan Togo of CSI: Miami

DAVID MARTINDALE

Special to dfw.com

Last edited by a moderator:
But the show has kind of ruined ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ for me a little. It was one of my favorite songs. But as much as I love that song, I can’t rock out to it in bars now. I mean, if I’m in car and the song comes on, as much as I want to turn it up loud, I can’t because I know I’m going to pull up to a red light with it blaring and someone will look over and see me playing it and think, ‘What a loser!’
I could see that last part. :guffaw:
Jon, as always, is just awesome. He always puts a smile on my face. Thanks so much for the interview.

Thanks for the interview csiryan. Jon is pretty funny.The Columbo thing was cute.Laughed at the bastard child comment too.I'm glad the writers didn't do the drug problem.
I still wonder though if Jon knew his character was going to be in trouble every single season.I also wonder if it bothers his fans more than it bothers him,he seems okay with it.Even if the character is seen as being a little"off", I want to see a lot more of him.

OMG, that was an absolutely great read, csiryan! Thank you so much for that. I really love reading these kind of interviews that show the audience how non-hollywood actors can really be.

Makes me feel slightly more confident about my aspiring dreams.

Once again, thanks for the read!

I also wonder if it bothers his fans more than it bothers him,he seems okay with it.
I think so. While it seems never-ending & tiresome for us, for an actor it's a greater challenge & something they can sink their teeth into. Being "by the book" is not much fun to portray, or to watch.

I also wonder if it bothers his fans more than it bothers him,he seems okay with it.
I think so. While it seems never-ending & tiresome for us, for an actor it's a greater challenge & something they can sink their teeth into. Being "by the book" is not much fun to portray, or to watch.

Maybe I'll have to remember that next time I get irritated with the writers for another "Ryan in Trouble" story. Good point about the challenge of portraying that type of character.

Do fans of the show ever admonish you about your character’s flexible morals? “Old ladies would come up to me during that hiatus when it looked like I might have been responsible for killing Horatio and they chastised me. It was so funny, because it’s just a TV show. I was like, ‘I didn’t do anything wrong. Wolfe is just a character.’ But I knew it was bad when my own father was mad that I might have killed Horatio. When you’re own family, people who know you and raised you, ask, ‘Did you do that?’, you start looking at yourself in the mirror.”

Many pro wrestlers deal with stuff like this. In their case I can understand but weird that fans of a TV show would do that. Then again Billy Dee Williams often got questioned about his character Lando betraying the heroes in Empire Strikes Back

Jon Togo: But I must also point out that Eva La Rue’s character has slept with almost every guy on the show

say WHAT???????

^^
Strangely,I've heard that before somewhere else(some other interview) about Eva's character Natalia. Delko also indicated she slept around to get info while she was the mole. I've never seen any indication on the show that she did so.

Jon Togo: But I must also point out that Eva La Rue’s character has slept with almost every guy on the show

say WHAT???????

^^
Strangely,I've heard that before somewhere else(some other interview) about Eva's character Natalia. Delko also indicated she slept around to get info while she was the mole. I've never seen any indication on the show that she did so.

My impression was that Jon was just joking. And also to kinda take the 'bad' off of Ryan & throw it on Natalia and Calleigh.

^^ That could be, that does seem like it could be Jon's type of humor.I did hear that same type of comment somewhere else though.

They've got his age wrong in this article. He is 32, not 33. :lol:

“Whenever I have to do a fitting, I’ll say, ‘What are the colors this week?’ They’ll say, ‘Turquoise and purple.’

Haha! My top two fave colors! :D

But there are too many cops in bad ties on TV, so this is a refreshing change.

:lol: This is too true.

We share as much lineage with the original CSI and Columbo as we do with Teletubbies

:guffaw:

But the show has kind of ruined ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ for me a little. It was one of my favorite songs. But as much as I love that song, I can’t rock out to it in bars now. I mean, if I’m in car and the song comes on, as much as I want to turn it up loud, I can’t because I know I’m going to pull up to a red light with it blaring and someone will look over and see me playing it and think, ‘What a loser!’”

:lol:

The part about the rug was funny. He's such a silly goose. Love that.

And my favorite part of the interview was what he said about how he keeps his ego in check. Love love love that!

But the show has kind of ruined ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ for me a little. It was one of my favorite songs. But as much as I love that song, I can’t rock out to it in bars now. I mean, if I’m in car and the song comes on, as much as I want to turn it up loud, I can’t because I know I’m going to pull up to a red light with it blaring and someone will look over and see me playing it and think, ‘What a loser!’
I could see that last part. :guffaw:
Jon, as always, is just awesome. He always puts a smile on my face. Thanks so much for the interview.

I have that song, and damn... I'll never be able to listen to it without laughing ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back