Ryan/Jon #25 - Wolfe's Den

Which thread title do you like the best?

• Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • TNT Togo

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Wolfe's Den

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Wolfe's Gang

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Fellowship of the Fishy

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they should have some Forensics students come in to observe them doing their jobs (as a learning tool) and have the characters explaining this stuff to the students as opposed to each other. :lol:

^^ I don't think we got screencaps.
What did you think of last night's episode. I do have to say I wish the writers would come up with some other way of explaining things to the audience instead of Ryan needing an explanation of whatever technique is being used.

QUOTE]YES, jeez, Ryan should be the one explaining it to Walter, not the other way around. It bugs me SOOO much. Usually I don't complain about things until after I've watched and I'm like "Hm, you know, I didn't like that" but I notice this as I'm watching and then I get annoyed and don't pay as much attention. *deep breath* Ryan's not freaking stupid, he should know this. Find another way writers to tell us viewers about what they're doing. Or at least spread out the characters looking stupid, it's not as noticeable if everyone gets their "duh?" moment.

I admittedly am pretty tired of Ryan being made to look like a stupid, lazy slacker.:scream:He's been a CSI for how many years now, and the writer still have him ask fairly obvious questions?:scream: He should be schooling Walter (is he a CSI now?!:confused:) instead of the other way around?! Ryan isn't stupid but if they need someone to ask the questions to set up dialog, luf100 is right, why isn't everyone getting a "duh" moment? Kind of makes one wonder how much respect tptb/ writers have for Jon Togo.:(

So, was it a good epi, Ryan wise?

It wasn't one of the best, IMHO. I guess he did look hot, and he did get decent screen time.

I'm disgusted by the way they are treating Ryan's character too. It's like he's the new guy. Walter and Jesse know more than him now? What?! Did he lose his memory like Delko? Seriously, this is sooo wrong! I hope Jon is complaining about it! And who the hell put Jesse in charge? Ugh, so irritated by it all. He did look great last night though!

Screencaps to come and no, didn't get last week's done so I'll do those too!

I have this feeling TPTB are making Ryan the dumb guy just to get Jon out of the show. I'm sure no one would like to portray a character that as become the idiot on a show where he actually was one of the smart ones. :(

Whenever I see something that I really like as well as dislike,I send a comment by using the User Feedback on the CBS board. I have sent more than one comment about the "duh" moments they give Ryan,how it's Ryan that should be teaching Walter,etc. I also let them know what I enjoy,such as the team working together more,etc.

I have this feeling TPTB are making Ryan the dumb guy just to get Jon out of the show. I'm sure no one would like to portray a character that as become the idiot on a show where he actually was one of the smart ones.
I think TPTB would just get rid of someone if the wanted to do that.

I found this episode only OK. Jon did have more screentime, I appreciated that. And he looked sooo...hot. :drool:
I agree with you all 100%. Ryan is not so stupid that Jesse and Walter have to explain everything to him all the time. And if I was Jon Togo I would be asking, why?

I couldn't figure out, why they would have Ryan in the middle of a crime scene, wanting to eat. He has never acted like that. :(

And since when was Jesse placed in charge of Ryan and Calleigh, barking out orders to them? :(

I don't know if the producers or writers read these posts, but they need to listen to what people are saying. Before they start losing viewers.

On the "dumbing down" Ryan subject, I don't think tptb are doing it on purpose. I think this is them trying too hard to make the new characters shine, & show their stuff -- it's all about selling them to the viewers & convincing us that they're good at this job & that they belong there.
Having said that, I don't agree with how they're bringing praise to the newbies by making Ryan appear to be ...let's just say, on a different level (I don't consider this guy dumb & will not use that term to describe him).

I'm personally torn on the entire thing -- I love the added humor, I love that Ryan's getting more personality & screentime, & I really love that he's got colleagues he can clown around with now....but....they really need to mellow out on using Ryan to spotlight the others' knowledge. He has paid his dues, he's been with the team for 5 years ....he just deserves better than this. I'd expect by now to see Ryan evolve in a much different way, & what's bothersome is that I feel like they're moving him backwards instead of forward -- at least on a CSI level.

On a happier note, I did truly love the part when Ryan wanted to break for lunch -- it's such a tiny detail, & probably pretty dumb of me to get so tickled over it, but it stood out to me. I like seeing that there's an attempt in making these characters true to life...yes they're devoted to thier jobs, & devoted to catching the bad guys...but they do get hungry, just like everyone else in the real world.

I'm disgusted by the way they are treating Ryan's character too. It's like he's the new guy. Walter and Jesse know more than him now? What?! Did he lose his memory like Delko? Seriously, this is sooo wrong! I hope Jon is complaining about it! And who the hell put Jesse in charge? Ugh, so irritated by it all. He did look great last night though!

I hope Jon is complaining as well. It just doesn't make any sense. Making someone stupid isn't funny it's just sad.

Screencaps to come and no, didn't get last week's done so I'll do those too!

Kristine, you're a goddess!! I am having a long week already ( a cold, a lot of overtime at work and lousy weather), and screencaps of Jon goodness would certainly make this week brighter:thumbsup::)

I have this feeling TPTB are making Ryan the dumb guy just to get Jon out of the show. I'm sure no one would like to portray a character that as become the idiot on a show where he actually was one of the smart ones. :(

I agree with greatfan, there would just ditch him they wouldn't go through this much effort.

I found this episode only OK. Jon did have more screentime, I appreciated that. And he looked sooo...hot. :drool:

Yes, yes he did:devil:

I agree with you all 100%. Ryan is not so stupid that Jesse and Walter have to explain everything to him all the time. And if I was Jon Togo I would be asking, why?
I couldn't figure out, why they would have Ryan in the middle of a crime scene, wanting to eat. He has never acted like that. :(

His OCD would keep him focused one would think. But little of what they are doing to Ryan's character this year makes sense to me:(:brickwall:

And since when was Jesse placed in charge of Ryan and Calleigh, barking out orders to them? :(

You know, you and Kristine mentioned that and because I was so irritated with Jon's dialogue that I didn't even notice that.

I don't know if the producers or writers read these posts, but they need to listen to what people are saying. Before they start losing viewers.

Especially when they are changing a character so radically.

I have a question: Is Walter a CSI or a lab rat? If he's a CSI, they should just come out and say it and if he is a lab rat, Ryan should be tutoring him instead of the other way around (writers are you paying attention?!:()

Thank you MiamiWolfe, I can always count on you to understand where I am coming from.

You know, I don't think they ever explained if Walter was a CSI or just a lab rat. Either way he needs to tone down his know-it-all attitude,
before Ryan gets his step stool and punches him in the nose. :lol:

Thank you MiamiWolfe, I can always count on you to understand where I am coming from.

I completely understand because I share your frustrations. We know so little about Ryan and his background but we know he isn't stupid:scream:

You know, I don't think they ever explained if Walter was a CSI or just a lab rat. Either way he needs to tone down his know-it-all attitude,
before Ryan gets his step stool and punches him in the nose. :lol:

:lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

Hey guys!

I'm currently catching up on episodes because I took a six week hiatus for a church retreat. But from what I'm getting, I'm loving this new comedic Ryan. I don't believe he's being dumbed down at all. In fact, if anything this gives him a bit more personality and shows us that there is more to him than the all work all seriousness we've been getting the last few weeks.

I thought the couger thing in episode three was great! It was so cute seeing him so unsure! And episode four when he said "oh Snap! That's the Miami way!" Had me on the floor dying! It was great! Even though he is a CSI and has been around a while, Ryan's not going to know everything. He's not a book for crying out loud! They're are some things he's just not sure about, and that's why you ask questions. Saying that he's some kind of scapegoat for the new people it a bit unfair. Ryan is a great character we still need to get to know and the writers are trying something new with him. We may not all agree with it, but I think we should just sit back and enjoy the ride before we jump to conclusions that they're destroying the Ryan we all know and love.

Believe me, if they were, I would be the first to call them out on it! :)

In the meantime, lets all look at the big plus of last evening...we got to see JT lovely acting ten times! TEN!! I haven't seen double digits from him all season! Yay Jon getting more screentime! In my eyes, that's always a good thing! :)

I know we all have a right to our opinions, but we have to take some things as they are. It's still early in the season, we don't know what's going to happen! And Ryan's proved many times that he is more than capable to handle himself in a crimescene and in the lab this season. I think we have nothing to worry about....well one thing, getting him on screen more so we can ogile his fineness! :drool:

Even though he is a CSI and has been around a while, Ryan's not going to know everything. He's not a book for crying out loud! They're are some things he's just not sure about, and that's why you ask questions. Saying that he's some kind of scapegoat for the new people it a bit unfair. Ryan is a great character we still need to get to know and the writers are trying something new with him. We may not all agree with it, but I think we should just sit back and enjoy the ride before we jump to conclusions that they're destroying the Ryan we all know and love.
I'm sorry Miamifan,there seems to be a lot he doesn't know as he is written now.Let the writers try something new with him that doesn't question his intelligence.There are things we don't know aout Ryan,but we do know when he started that he smart,thorough and highly motivated.Even viewers that aren't Ryan fans are questioning what the writers are doing to the character.Ryan is a great character now but will he remain that way? I don't think I'm being unfair to question why the change.As it is now ,I swear Ryan hasn't cracked open a journal,attended a seminar or even read work related memos.

Even though he is a CSI and has been around a while, Ryan's not going to know everything. He's not a book for crying out loud! They're are some things he's just not sure about, and that's why you ask questions. Saying that he's some kind of scapegoat for the new people it a bit unfair. Ryan is a great character we still need to get to know and the writers are trying something new with him. We may not all agree with it, but I think we should just sit back and enjoy the ride before we jump to conclusions that they're destroying the Ryan we all know and love.

I'm sorry Miamifan,there seems to be a lot he doesn't know as he is written now.Let the writers try something new with him that doesn't question his intelligence.There are things we don't know aout Ryan,but we do know when he started that he smart,thorough and highly motivated.Even viewers that aren't Ryan fans are questioning what the writers are doing to the character.Ryan is a great character now but will he remain that way? I don't think I'm being unfair to question why the change.As it is now ,I swear Ryan hasn't cracked open a journal,attended a seminar or even read work related memos.

I agree with greatfan. They are dumbing his character down. I have been watching episodes from past seasons and I swear he looks smarter and more of a go-getter in the earlier seasons. Having him cut corners at a crime scene because he is hungry, frankly isn't something he would do; Ryan is far more professional than that. And the stupid questions the writers are having him ask, are things Walter should be asking not someone with Ryan's time on the job. The cougar thing could be explained by him being so focused on his job that he isn't up on the current social lingo, but not stuff related to his job.

In the meantime, lets all look at the big plus of last evening...we got to see JT lovely acting ten times! TEN!! I haven't seen double digits from him all season! Yay Jon getting more screentime! In my eyes, that's always a good thing! :)

The more screen time is a plus but not if it isn't quality......

I know we all have a right to our opinions, but we have to take some things as they are. It's still early in the season, we don't know what's going to happen! And Ryan's proved many times that he is more than capable to handle himself in a crimescene and in the lab this season. I think we have nothing to worry about....well one thing, getting him on screen more so we can ogile his fineness! :drool:

And that is the rub and our complains; Ryan IS more than capable of handling a crime scene and has handled them quite well in the past, but why the flashes of stupidity and laziness? I completely agree that he has LOOKED good this year and I like your positive attitude:thumbsup: I just have a bad feeling about what they are doing to our Ryan.:(

promo pic!
epi810b.jpg

and another
epi810.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back