Ryan/Jon #25 - Wolfe's Den

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 6, 2009.

?

Which thread title do you like the best?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. TNT Togo

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Wolfe's Den

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Wolfe's Gang

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Fellowship of the Fishy

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, some mixed reaction about the last episode?
    I havent seen it yet, but Im intrigued. He does seem to be having a lot of scenes with Jesse and Walter.
    But speed delko - I think you should give it a few more episodes before you decide to ship Ryan off to the night shift. As Greatfan said, TPTB have had to make some changes this year, and they are still working it all out, character wise. But Ryan has always had great potential.
    Now, on to the more important matter. What was he wearing?!!

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, him being concerned about being caught could possibly be a good thing for Ryan. As you said, & I agree, Ryan was the one who would do first, face conseqeunces later -- perhaps this is a small sign that the incident in 'WISC' (gambling/fired situation as well) made him re-think the way he works, maybe he's more cautious now because of that.

The only part that did really bother me, & really it wasn't too big of a deal for me, it did stick out though - was his remark about the rural people not having too much education on those things. I didn't feel offended or anything, but I am a rural resident where I live & my parents live on a large farm, so the comment wasn't really appreciated :lol: Having said that, I agree with Greatfan & Solitaire in that tptb are trying to "adjust" him, so to speak, & they haven't yet pinpointed exactly the right change they're going for.

Personally, I'm not letting it bother me anymore. I really enjoyed the last episode, I thought his scenes with Walter/Jesse were very good, & his expression/comment about Walter dropping his bag in the well was too funny. To me, this is the way people really do work together as a team- they kid around, make jokes, pick on others mistakes, but it's all in good fun. I think tptb have seen a good chemistry in these 3, they're showing them an awful lot together, so I have to appreciate that they're forming buddies for Ryan. We've seen so much resentment & animosity in the past that this is a breath of fresh air for me -- I hope they stick with it & don't get a wild hair up thier bumms to change that & build hostility, it isn't needed.

Blue jeans, white button-up shirt tucked in, & a jacket of some sort (blue-ish I think).
    Did anyone else think he was looking pretty darn sexy in those rubber boots?! :lol: I liked it!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

MJ, I think you said everything I thought about the episode.

As for Ryan's attire, he was looking yummy. :)

4. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Yeah Ryan looks good in this episode - as always ;) It reminds me a bit of his look last season (except the haircut)... But for the next episode I hope he'll wear something more colorful. I personally loved his clothes in Hostile Takeover and Bolt Action much more. :)

Well in this episode we saw Eddie/Jesse shirtless again. What's with Jonathan? Is he too shy to show us his body? :(

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I don't think Ryan's changed, I think the writers are just exploring different sides of him that don't get him in trouble and lighten up his normally emotionless self. Pardon me, but isn't that what we've been asking for?

Ryan is hilarious and even hotter with a sense of humor now. I love the short jokes and even a little bit of cluelessness. He's not a robot- he's allowed to be clueless sometimes! :D

I am happy with the consideration tptb are giving Ryan, exploring his different sides and such, and I most definitely think Ryan needs to stay in Miami. He seems to have found a place in his little group with Walter and Jesse, and I like that, because before Ryan felt a bit like a floater. Now he seems more set in stone and there's a lighter atmosphere surrounding him and his presence.

On a different note, I think in the last episode I noticed Jon slimmed down a bit. Not that I had any concerns with the 'weight' thing, just an observation. :D

6. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

I also really liked last night's episode. I just think there are way too many characters now and they're trying to fit them in the story line. Everyone had scenes in this ep, but they all seemed scattered here and there. I just wish Ryan had more scenes...

Maybe I'm just complaining with my mouth full here... I mean, if it were just me, he'd be in every scene. I do like his light mood and joking around though!!!!!!

And YES he was HOT tonight!!!!! Alright alright... he's always hot... BUT STILL!!!!! HE WAS YUMMY!!!!

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Haven't been here for a bit. Wanted to give my 2 cents. I think Ryan looked great last night. Loved the jacket look. I'm with some of you who think they have dumbed Ryan down this season and I'm not liking it one bit. He's been on the show since season 3, they should have his character figured out by now. I really enjoyed his character last season but this season not so much. They have him acting like he barely knows anything and Jesse mostly and Walter are smarter than him. I don't like it. He should be teaching them even if Jesse had been there way before him Ryan has still been around for several years working there so he knows more current stuff. I do however like seeing his sense of humor come through this season.

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Thank you for that Wasabi:thumbsup: I was concerned about them tinkering with Ryan's character; it didn't seem too positive. I was puzzled why they were doing it; he was going in the right direction at the end of last year. I guess the only thing that will continue to stick in my craw is the "rural people-barely educationed" comment; that one made me cringe and seems out of character for Ryan. I do think a happier Ryan is better; he was so much the outsider for so long, it is good to see him fit in finally. Just don't go overboard, that is all I ask:thumbsup:

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

I do agree they seem to be playing around with his character a bit.

Didn't like the remark about the rural farmers, the writers could have done without putting that in. :( But, why at the well did it have to be Jessie(once again) figuring out where the contaminants came from, why couldn't it have been Ryan? Instead they had him sitting there cleaning c*** off of his shoe.

Don't get me wrong, I did find it amusing the banter between him and Walter about dumping his bag in the well. :lol: But did they had to stand around and wait for super Jessie to help put it all together? :rolleyes:

How long has Ryan been a CSI now? It doesn't matter what they are trying to do with his personality, as long as they remember he has been around the block a few times. He is not a rookie cop or CSI anymore.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just thought of something... does anyone else wonder if maybe this humorous, fun-loving Ryan is the real Ryan and he's just felt the need to supress his true self in the past. It seems like in the past he was always having to walk on pins and needles and now he's not having to do that as much for whatever reason.

11. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I haven't thought about this aspect until now but you could be quite right. I can see a little change in his personality 'cause like someone else wrote before he looks happier now. So probably he can act more relaxed with the new guys even if I still think that we've seen a relaxed Ryan in the past a few times too. But well on the other hand we are still at the beginning of the season so there could be new "pins and needles" for him...

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I think WISC was a turning point for Ryan's personality in a lot of ways. It matured him quite a bit (he is not near as implusive) and it has made him more introspective, causing him to think about what he does before he does it. Being fired started the maturing process for Ryan, the kidnapping and torture in WISC continued it.

Ryan looked darn hot:drool: Monday. And put me down as a "YES"; he did look darn sexy in the rubber boots:devil::drool:

Yes, yes he did:)

That is entirely possible. It is hard to let your true personality show if you are constantly trying to prove yourself to everyone around you and everyone is hostile toward you. Now he feels accepted he can let his true self show:thumbsup:

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

*couhbecauseEricisn'tthereanymorecough*

I like certain aspects of this "new" Ryan, but some are still kind of eh, like they're trying to make him look weird. Especially if this is him "maturing" after WISC. It definitely doesn't seem like maturing. Crap, he's been around 5 years now and they still don't know what they're doing with his character? :/ They should've "matured" his character long ago.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I do like that he is a little more laid back,but I get the feeling the writers and /or TPTB don't quite know where they are taking the character even after several seasons.
    I would like to see Ryan himself thinking of advancement, perhaps some indication of his education status.Did he ever finish that Master's degree or is he still working at it?We never hear of him talking about info he obtained at a seminar etc.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Caps from Monday's epi coming soon. Question: Did I get last week's epi capped? I can't remember, lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.