Ryan/Jon #19: Fresh Togo

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Jul 29, 2008.

?

What should our new thread title be?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2008.
  1. Ryan/Jon #19: The Tight T-Shirt Society

11.8%
  2. Ryan/Jon #19: Togo where no thread has gone before

17.6%
  3. Ryan/Jon #19: We want skin!

5.9%
  4. Ryan/Jon #19: All in the accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ryan/Jon #19: The Incrediable Shrinking T-Shirt

8.8%
  6. Ryan/Jon #19: Get the Full Togo Experience Here

2.9%
  7. Ryan/Jon #19: He's a Superhero in Training

8.8%
  8. Ryan/Jon #19: Waiting for the comeback of the Purple tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ryan/Jon #19: Fresh Togo

29.4%
  10. Ryan/Jon #19: Wolfe's Den

8.8%
  11. Ryan/Jon #19: Dreaming of Wolfe shirtless

8.8%
  12. Ryan/Jon #19: Wolfe gang

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are right of course.Right after I saw the program I did think H would rather Ryan take the fall but thinking about it over night I come to the same conclusion that you did.It was probably more the way it was said.I do still think it could have been explained a little differently.

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I still think it was because no one would expect that it was Ryan that would have helped him.

3. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I agree...Horatio considers the members of the team his family, he would never let Ryan take the fall for anything that was H's doing.

Thanks for posting the picks Florry! I love the second one too. Last night I was totally going "Please let it not be Ryan's cell phone!" cause deep down I knew it was!

So question for the group...what does everyone think Ryan's big role will be this season and will we be seeing a bit of his background? I seriously think his parents or some ex-girlfriend needs to show up dead or something...that will get some background out of TPTB!

4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

hahahahahaha Kat your sig makes me giggle!!

For question above: I hope they delve into Ryan's character...Like...where did he come from? People don't just appear places. He's gotta have parents (apparently an uncle, niece, and maybe a sibling haha). I just wish they would go into why he acts out sometimes. I want angst, but that's just me haha!

Something they could do would be answering why he moved from Boston. Who moves to get out of their comfort zone? That's boring and we need a better storyline DANG IT! I'm glad they actually decided to give him more than 2 minutes in this episode though. I'd like to see more of him and Eric clashing. I find it entertaining. Maybe Eric could be like, "OMG!(Yes.saying the letters.) Speed was so much better!!!" And Ryan could....punch him in the face or something, I don't know. I just want to see more interesting dynamics with him.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's part of the reason too. I think Horatio just didn't have time to explain all of the reason to Eric. :lol: But obviously, no one would expect him to choose Ryan because of Ryan just recently being reinstated and all of that.

I'm still gonna go with something involving his niece, whom he apparently adores seeing as to how he spent a hundred bucks on her for her birthday. :lol: She'd be about 14 or 15 now. I don't want her to die or anything, but maybe she could have someone stalking her or something like that and threatening her and Ryan and the gang have to figure out who it is before she gets hurt. Maybe there could be a serial killer/rapist who targets girls who look like Ryan's niece and the team discovers the bad guy's next target and Ryan sees the pic of her and goes "oh my god" and the other team members ask what's wrong and Ryan says "this is my niece". That would be interesting.

I don't remember him saying that he moved from Boston. He lacks the accent, so I didn't remember that. :lol: I wonder... was he a cop in Boston or not? If so, then maybe he found out about some dirty cops and they set him up to be killed or something and then he moved to Miami for that reason. They did that on another cop show many, many years ago. :lol: Back in the 90s. :lol: And also, on that other show, the other cop in the new city didn't like the new guy that much either (cause he was replacing a friend, who decided to leave, he didn't die like speed did).

Or maybe Ryan came to Miami cause his uncle Ron is in assited living place there and he wanted to be closer to him and help care for him or something like that. Or maybe his sibling and niece live in Miami and he wanted to be closer to them. :shrugs:

I personally find the clashing cliched and boring. Like I said, it's like that other show (except the other character didn't die like speed did). Only on the other show, the writers were smart and let the two guys stop clashing after the new guy's first episode. They let the new guy explain why he was so secretive [about his past] and why he left New Jersey and once he explained that, the other cop was cool with him. I really wish the Miami writers had gone that route. I'm sick of the animosity Eric shows toward Ryan. Speed would probably smack Eric upside the head and tell him to "cut the new guy some slack." But, he'd probably say something jokingly like, "I know I was perfect, but it's not his fault he can't live up to my rep." :lol: Then Eric would laugh and say, "alright, you're right man." :lol: I so want Speed to return as a figment of Eric's imagination and them have this conversation. :lol: Eric and Speed always competed job wise, but it was friendly like Nick and Warrick. Eric can't bring himself to be friends with Ryan cause he's afraid he'd be betraying Speed... which is silly and Speed would tell Eric so as well. :lol:

I can't see Ryan punching Eric. I really just can't see that at all. :lol: I think poor Ryan is trying so hard to fit into their little clique, but feels left out sometimes. He respects them as criminalists, but he wishes they trusted him more. that's another reason he hated that assignment. He was probably thinking "man they, especially Eric already distrust me as it is, this is going to make it so much worse". :lol: But, he also knew at the same time that he owed it to Horatio because if it weren't for Horatio, he wouldn't have gotten his job back.

I don't mind Eric and Ryan arguing a little every now and then like friends sometimes do, but I want Eric to be nicer to Ryan and stop taking out on him what isn't his fault (ie Speed's death). Ryan can't be blamed for Speed dying. Why Eric takes that out on him, I'll never understand fully. I understand Eric's hurting cause he lost his best friend and he's maybe afraid of making new ones especially ones that do the same job cause he's afraid he'll lose them too, but enough is enough. If he doesn't want to be Ryan's friend, that's fine and dandy, but he could at the very least be somewhat civil to him (which he only pulls off about half the time lol).

Ryan is so young and he's still got those impulsive (and sometimes destructive) urges. He needs guidance (or he did when he first started, I think he's pretty much come into his own now). Eric should have coached him a little (like Warrick did for Greg) rather than start mistreating him for something that was out of his control.

I like Eric, I do, but I get so frustrated with him sometimes cause he hasn't worked through all his issues yet. He should have been forced to go to a grief counselor after Speed's death, but especially after Marisol's death. And maybe even after his own shooting. It's because he's never worked through these issues with a therapist that he has so much anger and rage and why he blows up at suspects and ex-girlfriends' ex-hubbies cause he doesn't know how to channel and control that anger/rage.

I think someone should force both Ryan and Eric to go to some kind of therapy together like Booth and Bones were forced to do (to improve their working relationship). :lol: This show definitely needs some more funny and scenes like that would be funny (they always are on Bones). :lol:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  6. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I agree Hollyyo with everything you said. :) And I would totally watch Ryan punching Eric in the face!

I think Ryan needs some love in his life too. I know this is a long shot, but I would totally support him hooking up with Dr. Lauren Price!!!! :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

The new ME's first name was changed to Tara. I don't want her hooking up with any of the main characters. If Ryan gets a love interest on the show, it should be Valera (and no one else who is on the show regularly or recurring)! They compliment each other perfectly. Tara and Ryan so would NOT mesh at all. I don't think she meshes with the cast as a whole in the first place. Let's just say, I was NOT happy about that casting choice.

I still think she's too young for a ME and not a good choice to follow Alexx. I still am bitter about that and still wish they had gotten someone older... someone closer to Horatio's age like Alexx was. I was hoping it'd be someone with an accent like Australian or Irish perhaps or possibly that woman ME that was on CSI Vegas (one ep I know of was the one with the guy dying in the plane cause all the other passengers attacked him thinking he was gonna do something crazy). But we got what we got and there's nothing we can do about that. However, if enough of the fans dislike her too much, she'll probably go the way of the last two-second ME. :lol: Well, maybe not get killed, but... Anyway... I liked Shannon so much better. I wish they hadn't killed her off.

According to the spoilers, Tara is going to be interested in Eric. I hope it stays one-sided though. I like Eric with Natalia. And I like Ryan with Valera. So, I don't want Tara hooking up with anyone on the show. Or maybe she could hook up with new trace guy Luke. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I'd rather have Ryan with Valera. That would be so cute!!!

He'd probably get sick of her ever-changing hair though haha

9. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: Yeah, at least Valera doesn't look like she should still be in high school! :lol: I don't think he'd get sick of Valera changing her hair. I think most guys would like that because they could sort of have their cake and eat it too. It would be almost like they were with someone different every time they went out if she changed her hair all the time. :lol: Knowing Ryan, he'd probably get excited and just be like "I wonder what color/style Valera's hair will be in today." :lol:

I so wanna see Ryan and Valera playing vid games together. :lol: maybe during a slow day at the lab, they can be playing Resident Evil or something. :lol: That would be a good scene. I loved Ryan playing that one video game that time (I only wish it wasn't as disgusting a game as it was).

I want to see silly, loveable, adorkable Ryan back.

10. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I just bought the latest edition of people magazine, and there were pics of jon's apartment *sqeeee**dies happy*. God, he is so sexy. Although there were flowers here & there I could not tell if there was a femine touch in his apartment. is he still living with his girlfriend or did they break up ages ago (sorry I am out of date with Togo news). Please tellme he is not married or engaged.

11. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^ I don't think we're really allowed to discuss private matters like that, but I don't really know if they're broken up. Really doesn't matter to me.

I think there was a thing a few months back in another magazine about his apartment or something. I felt awkward reading it....I was like, ummm...

I think the designer was either gay or female because it looks a little....colorful...

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Yeah it looks like a female did it. But I have to say that it looks comfortable.

13. togo_girl21

togo_girl21 Prime Suspect

I miss the old Ryan Wolfe too, and the long hair. Sooooo sexy

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

How would you know Tara and Ryan wouldn't mesh, or that she doesn't mesh with the cast to begin with? We've seen pictures and read things about her, we have no idea how her personality is going to be. People are mostly going by how she looks, because she happens to be younger. Either that or by other characters the actress has played, which could be nothing like how she'll play Tara. She could fit in perfectly with them, we won't know until Monday.

I for one didn't really care who they chose to play the new ME, they wouldn't replace Alexx, but they needed someone. I actually took a liking to the male ME (I don't remember his name), but now we know he's not staying. I'm looking forward to seeing how Tara Price is going to be. Maybe she'll bring something different to the show? I'd love if she was funny, Miami needs some humour.

I know, this has really nothing at all to do with Ryan... :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^You're right lol....

I wouldn't like to see Ryan dating that chick, but I hope they have a good relationship. He doesn't need any more enemies!!

I saw a guy at work today who looked just like Togo except with strawberry blonde hair... I kept looking at him when I took his order thinking, "that guy looks really familiar....." Then it hit me like 10 minutes later when I took out his food. I giggled inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.