Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually if a character is missing fromt he screen a lot, ala Ryan, they sometimes get a bigger storyline after that. So I'm hoping that this philosophy follows suit; watching Miami and only seeing H and then some of the others and very little Ryan is getting aggrevating!
It is aggrevating. The writters and TPTB must be able to come up with something.Heck ,even the fanfic writers can come up with great stories for Ryan.

Usually if a character is missing fromt he screen a lot, ala Ryan, they sometimes get a bigger storyline after that. So I'm hoping that this philosophy follows suit; watching Miami and only seeing H and then some of the others and very little Ryan is getting aggrevating!
I'm a little worried about the comments from the writers that I've heard. "Ryan's playing both sides to get ahead". I really hope that they don't give him his extra screentime by making him into some kind of sleazebag. It's just not our Ryan! What happened to our sweet boy from S3? I know that he'd grow up but not like that, surely?:wtf:

I'm a little worried about the comments from the writers that I've heard. "Ryan's playing both sides to get ahead". I really hope that they don't give him his extra screentime by making him into some kind of sleazebag. It's just not our Ryan! What happened to our sweet boy from S3? I know that he'd grow up but not like that, surely?:wtf:

I think it would be interesting if Ryan was playing both sides, as a double agent. And even if he went to the dark side it could all be part of the cover up. Though this is just an idea I would like to see, doesn't mean it has to happen. I think it's ruse to throw the team off the trail of what he's been up to since he returned after being fired. I think the firing was a cover up so he could go undercover and find out more details.

Ryan has had a hard time since he started with the team, he was thrown into something that most people train on for a while. For example when Delko was diving, brought up the key making gun, and Ryan ran off to show H, and ended up with the credit. He didn't mean to take it, but to the rest he came off as a brown noser.

I really hope that they don't give him his extra screentime by making him into some kind of sleazebag. It's just not our Ryan! What happened to our sweet boy from S3? I know that he'd grow up but not like that, surely?:wtf:

I agree. I miss sweet Ryan from s3. I'd be really pissed if tptb made him a kniving (sp), dirtbag who would do anything to get ahead. The Ryan of s3 was driven but not like that. He always had a good heart. Plus he has been made the whipping boy for too long, it's like everytime someone has to screw up, it's Ryan. :scream:

I'm thinking along everyone's same lines with regards to Ryan. He always seems to be the screw-up, the "darker" more "doing anything to get ahead" person. I would love for more episodes such as 'Nailed', 'Curse of the Coffin', 'Celebrality' etc. for him next season. I would love even more if the tptb shed some light on his background. I would love to know more about his past, and why he has such a soft spot for kids. Anyone can see how much he loves kids (which I'm including in my fanfic *grins*).

But in defense of tptb, maybe they're trying to say something about just how much Ryan respects Horatio. To me anyway, Ryan's new aditude (sp?) and his fine looking new wardrobe (loved the purple in 'Going Ballistic') is sheding more light on his imulation of Horatio. Not becoming the big H, but taking on some of his qualities. Yes, this has lead him to make a few mistakes, but that is apart of life and growing up and much of the reason why we love Ryan so much. We can relate to him, and what he's been through, and I think that is what tptb are going towards with his character there needs to be some sence of reality in the fictional, comic bookiness that is CSI Miami.

However, tptb could have done a better job with how Ryan is protrayed and what kinds of "hell" he's been though. I think they could have thought of something better than letting him be fired for getting himself into a situation that compromised a case (which EVERYONE on the team is guilty of and had not been fired). Then letting him go though various jobs before realizing that being a CSI is in his blood and the team welcoming him back with open arms (Still alittle bitter about 'Burned'...can't cha tell? :) ).

So what I'm trying to say is...Ryan=amazingly real character who we all love and adore because of his real life struggles to be accepted, get out of Speedle's shadow and come into his own as a CSI. So if tptb were sane, they would him a chunk of really good episodes in season seven that will let his fans get to know him on a much more personal level that goes beyond his mistakes and lets us see why Ryan is the way he is.

On a much lighter note my favorite Ryan quote will have to be from 'Three Way'

"We really need to crack down on the pot smoking kit theives around here."

Oh so lovable! :)

I think the firing was a cover up so he could go undercover and find out more details.
That would be really interesting to see played out but I doubt it will actually happen. Thats just me though. Stetler was the one to fire him because he actually did break major rules(and I doubt Ryan would have owed a suspect gambling money on purpose, just to get "fired"), and if he was going undercover, what for? The only thing I can think of is maybe something to do with Ron Saris/Julia but Horatio wasn't even aware of Julia/Kyle when Ryan was fired. (I could be totally wrong here, another brain block.) But you do have an interesting idea. Maybe he was doing some undercover work for H or whoever after he was fired and not working there? Like a "Hey, hes not working here, might as well put him to work for me personally" kind of thing. Thats the only logical thought I can come to at the moment. Its 8 am for me, Im barely awake :p

I'd like to see Ryan playing double-agent. It would be fun seeing him leading everyone, audience and other characters, to believe that he was the bad guy for at least a couple of episodes. I'd like to see Togo have a chance at playing that type of character because I think he would be able to pull it off pretty well, but in the end I don't really want him to be a bad guy.

Ryan being a Double Agent might create some interesting scenes, at least give him a bit of air time. I think Jon could definitely pull it off. But I don't want Ryan to turn bad either. There are lots of characters that are dark, and you love to hate them, but there is only so long they can keep doing bad things and get away with it- especially with super H around! I dont mind him being alittle dodgy though, gives him more personality than all the other characters.

Okay, this is long, so bear with me.

I watched the "Burned" ep last night and now I'm very nearly 100% convinced that Ryan and Horatio planned for all of that. When Stelter told Ryan that he was fired, Ryan said "What I did, I did to protect everyone in this lab."

Then the way that Ryan and Horatio looked at each other as Ryan was leaving the building... those looks weren't "I just got fired, oh crap" from Ryan or "I'm disappointed in Wolfe." from Horatio. Those looks seemed to me more like "Now on to the next phase."

My thinking is that someone against the lab went to those poker games and Ryan went in undercover, but in order to make it look and sound legit, Horatio had to act like he didn't know what Ryan was up to and they had to go through that whole fired scenario. Horatio probably told him that he'd get him his job back legally without revealing their undercover work.

After Speed died, it was apparent that there were leaks in the department (and I'm not talking about Natalia's stint as the mole). I'm thinking that Horatio got Ryan to come work at CSI while doing the UC work (from the very beginning. Why would H ask Yelina to recommend someone? Ryan also worked patrol so he might know a little about UC work that your average CSI would (not that patrolmen necessarily do UC work). Plus the comment that H made that being a cop is in Ryan's blood makes me think that someone closely related to Ryan (father, grandfather, maybe his uncle Ron) may have been a cop at one point and a well respected one at that... and this is why Horatio wanted Ryan on his team.

I think that maybe Ryan's news job was a coverup to get bad guys to maybe trust him. Think about it... first job- news business, second- gun range, next he was working for the DA or county clerk or something like that. All of these places could be where the leaks were coming from. Well, the leakers could go to the gun range anyway or leak info to reporters. The bodyguard thing was just cause Ryan was the only one available that H knew could be trusted... plus the family was high profile if I recall and may have socialized with some of those people who were the leaks.

I dunno, it just seems to me that Ryan's being doing UC jobs all along (on the side). I think possibly Valera's firing could tie in as well. Ryan was trying to find the mole at the time, right? If so, then maybe someone thought it was Valera and they had to get her "fired" to see if that fixed things, but of course when it didn't she was rehired cause she wasn't the leak. And if I'm remembering wrong and the mole was already known when Valera was fired, maybe someone thought she was leaking things, but then realized it wasn't her, so she got her job back.

One thing I don't get: Stetler told Ryan that because of his actions, he put everyone at risk and old cases were being reopened and bad guys were back on the streets. Was this just Stetler being over-dramatic? Why would Ryan's gambling cause old cases to be reopened and criminals to be released? It's not like he was actually taking bribes or anything. He basically told that guy where to get off when the guy tried to blackmail him and then he asked Natalia to take over so as not to compromise the investigation. Why would that cause old cases to be looked at again?

Also, in "Burned", Ryan said he had to look into an old case before asking Nat to take over for him. Maybe that wasn't just an excuse. maybe there was some truth to that. Horatio already knew Yelina had been following that guy... so I'm sure Ryan would have heard this too... so why would he go meet that guy, give him money knowing that Yelina was following the guy? That's another thing that makes me think he was UC.

Plus, Ryan told the guy he didn't have 10,000 dollars to pay him and then he later shows up with the money? I think there was a big UC thing going on there. Horatio really didn't look that surprised about the video and his only reply to Yelina saying maybe Ryan had a good reason was "what if he doesn't?" He couldn't let Yelina know the truth 'cause he had to involve the least amount of people possible... plus he also wanted to protect her and her son. Raymond's issues put them in danger and H couldn't let that happen again.

So, I think signs point to Ryan having been doing more UC work than we originally thought. Maybe Jake was originally going to do it, but then his cover got blown, so Horatio got Ryan to do it instead. What's a better cover than a bitter former cop/CSI or disgruntled employee or whatever? The news thing made him look bitter and disgruntled to his former colleagues (namely Eric :lol: ). That was his in... to the UC assignment.

H & Ryan's talk about Ryan's issues with that guy seemed like it was all for show to me. Their facial expressions were all for show cause H knew Stetler was watching. The news thing would be seen by many and possibly by whomever they were trying to catch at the time. maybe that someone approached Ryan offering a deal and then Ryan eventually got his job back, but they had to space it out like they did so that the perps wouldn't know that Ryan had been UC. With Ryan being officially fired by Stetler, there was less chance of his UC being blown than if he had remained a cop during that time.

Amazing pic togofan!!! It is now the new background for my computer!! :)

Thanks! :)
no prob. here's a few more:
csi-miami-togo33.jpg

Image2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great pictures, togofan444. :) Although please be aware that your images should be no bigger than 480 pixels in length. Please review the CSI:Miami Info & Help Thread for further information. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back