Ryan/Greg #2- Nevada Isn't That Far Away Either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ryan/Greg #2- Nevada Isn't That Far Away, Either

Well it is your fault for showing me all those smokin' hott pics!! LOL JK - you know I love seeing all those!! :p :devil:

As for a fic with that scenario.....I would love to read it!!

Well the Ryan/Greg story is coming along. I'm unsure of whether to post the first part now or wait till I have more. Any suggestions?

Well if I had my vote I would say post it now!!! Woohoo! Another Ryan/Greg story in the works. Thanks for writing this!

Alrighty here it is. Thanks to Twiz for helping to beta the first part of this. It's untitled at the moment...maybe suggestions after you read. And thansk again to Kat for letting me se her idea as a spring board.

The slight bump of the plane as it hit the tarmac didn’t bother him anymore, in fact he was content with the feeling. This being the first real vacation he’d had since well, ever. He wasn’t going to count the times off work when the lab exploded and he was attacked by the teenage gang of street thugs. This was his two weeks of freedom and nothing was going to stand in the way of his sun, sand, and fun.

The hotel was better than his online friend had recommended, the ocean breeze that came from the open baloney door was salty and refreshing. Greg had left the half emptied suitcase on the bed and set up his laptop on the desk. The intermittent beeping coming from the speakers meant that his friend had responded to the message he sent before boarding the plane back in Vegas. He logged on and worked at putting his expressions into words.

Across the city Ryan had just put the finishing touches on his reply to his friend from the People Without Partners message boards. He was reluctant to join in the first place, but with the onslaught of losing his job and the only people he was relatively close to, he had to turn to another form of interaction. He was finding it easier and easier to put his frustrations and feelings into words, even if the people on the private message board did or didn’t feel the same way he did.

He tucked the laptop back into his bag, the short breaks that he received form his job at the shooting range were few and far between. The chance to see if anyone had responded to or sent him messages was better than trying to teach people how to shoot properly. He emerged from the office and put his glasses and ear protection back on and prepared to teach a middle aged man the right and wrong ways to hold and shoot the pistol he had just loaded.

It had been a long day and numerous questions that had nothing to do with what was really going on. An older woman had come in because she wanted to learn to protect herself and then tried to set Ryan up on a date with her granddaughter, who was still in highschool. Ryan had kindly turned her down and went on methodically explaining about gun safety. He fixed himself some dinner and was about to sit in the kitchen to eat when the dinging caught his attention.

“I didn’t know I had signed into my messenger.” Ryan mused as he headed for the living room, food and drink in hand.

Greg was excited that the friend from the board was online and that they lived in Miami. Not knowing whether this person was male or female wasn’t the fore thought in his mind. He wanted instant interaction and since they were both in the same place a real life meeting wouldn’t be too far fetched either.

BlueSurfer: Hey, how are things going in Miami?

DragonMaster: Things are good. How is Vegas this time of year?

BlueSurfer: Well if I were in Vegas I would tell you, but I’m on vacation.

DragonMaster: Where did you go on vacation?

BlueSurfer: Miami, Florida.

Ryan blinked a few times and tried to make sense that a person he had never met was in Miami on vacation. What if they were someone that had come to the gun range? Could they pick him out from how he described his personality? There were so many thoughts flying thought his head that he almost didn’t head the ding of the new message.

BlueSurfer: I was thinking we could possibly meet up. Unless you don’t want to or think that I’m crazy or a stalker or anything like that.

“Stop rambling,. They don’t even know you and you sound like a total moron ” Greg muttered to himself as he reread what he had written over and over again.

DragonMaster: I don’t see why that would be a bad thing, as long as it’s quite public, since it is the first meeting and all. I have to work until 3 pm we could meet up at the North Side Café around 4:30, if that sounds good.

Ryan had thought long and hard about if he wanted to meet this person and finally decided that it was now or never. He needed to expand his horizons and circle of friends.

BlueSurfer: Sounds good to me, see you then. I’ll be wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt, not exactly South Beach style but I like it.

DragonMaster: I’ll be on the look out, I’ll be wearing a light blue polo shirt. See you at 4:30. Bye.

BlueSurfer: See ya. Bye. Have a good night.

Greg couldn’t believe that he was so bold as to ask a perfect stranger out for meeting up. His mind was still swirling as he took the short walk from the hotel to the beach. Taking off his shoes at the edge, he trudged though the sand as the sun moved from high noon down to a softer afternoon light. Dipping his toes into the cooler water sent a slight chill up his spine and he continued down the beach wishing he had brought his surf board along.

Ryan sat still staring at the computer screen disbelieving that someone wanted his company, it wasn’t very often that anyone asked him to do anything, let alone meet up to talk. He ran his hand though his hair, the typical nervous gesture was an old habit that stuck with him. Ryan made his way to his room and then into the bathroom to take a shower. As the warm water trickled over his skin, it helped to relax all the worry that was building up inside of him.

Greg had finished his walk along the beach long ago but couldn’t bring himself to get out of the chair on the balcony. He wondered about what was going to happen and if his big mouth could screw it up. The constant twiddling of his thumbs was the current nervous motion of choice. After a final sniff of salty air Greg made his way back into the room and crawled into bed clad only in his boxers, something that would be hard to do at night back in Vegas.

Wolfesgamergirl, that is awesome. I am so loving this story already...write write more please. Your welcome, but I only got to read 2 lines of this and I thought it would be forever before I got more, YAY...you rock. I really love how you're going w/ Ryan still working at the gun range and them meeting on a board, so cool. Man I can't wait for the meetup...write girl.

Katbug, you know I love getting hot and bothered and making you laugh!

Wow! Great job with the fic!! Love the storyline - so different then what we usually read. I am looking forward to reading more.

I know it's like, way off-topic, but I thought I'd let y'all know: I won't be on for quite awhile cuz I have to have a minor (but major, in a way) surgery on my shoulder. I have a tear in my labrum and there is a small body (?) floating around in my upper arm and my orthopedic surgeon is going to do about three small cuts and go in and suture (sp?) the tear, which is near the joint of my shoulder and collarbone, I figure, and also remove the small body. I will have the surgery in a few weeks. I just found out what was wrong a few days ago.

Awww Szmandatogoholic, I'm sorry to hear that. Plese feel better soon, perhaps think of the boys when you are going under, there might be some awesome dreams!

And speaking of dreams, I'm workin on writing a bit of that. Plus I came up with a title. Without anymore waiting I present a bit more of Close Encounters of the Odd Kind. :)

The early morning sun filtered through the curtains and onto the sleeping man’s back. He twisted in the sheet that cocooned his body, his face pointed away from the sun causing him to fall back into a deep sleep. The alarm beeped and Ryan hit the clock with as much force as he could muster. Even if it was 7 am, he was still having issues internally adjusting to the later time. After a quick shower and breakfast, Ryan was out the door and soon speeding though the Miami traffic.

Coffee was the first thing on Greg’s mind when he emerged from the shower, using the semi absorbent towel over his body. After dressing in jeans and his favorite Marilyn Manson t-shirt, he made his way downstairs and outside into the bright morning sun. After peaking in the windows of a few shops and seeing how full they were, Greg finally found one that wasn’t very busy and proceeded in the door to find food and drink. After he ordered he took a copy of the free offering daily newspaper and read the front page when the bell on the door chimed.

Ryan needed the caffeine before heading to work, this wasn’t an ordinary day he was expanding the social circle and it scared him just a bit. This reflected well in his order when he asked for double the usual amount of espresso. He didn’t even notice the man reading the newspaper as he hurried past shoving a scone in his mouth and trying to open the door at the same time. Greg saw the man struggling with the door and hurried to help.

“I think you might need an extra hand.” Greg offered as he held the door for Ryan.

“Thanks, it’s been a rough morning.” Ryan answered as a few scone crumbs escaped his mouth and fell to the floor, he gave a smile to the door holder as he exited.

“You’re welcome.” Greg answered as Ryan passed by and headed for his car.

As Ryan got into his car the image on the door holders shirt was a bit familiar but he couldn’t place where. Instead of dwelling on it, he shifted the car into gear and continued his journey to the gun range to try to not accept a date to the next high school homecoming.

“Light blue, must be a popular color in this part of the country.” Greg muttered to himself as he sat back down at the table.

The color struck something in his over charged memory, the color that his friend would be wearing later. Greg picked up the advertisement section and noticed that there was a local public gun range and decided that it was time he learn to use a fire arm, perhaps he could convince Grissom and Ecklie that he needed one, pronto.

O M G that is so awesome, I'm liking this so much. So cool how they saw each other and didn't even know it. That made me LOL for real. Ok, now hurry with this next part, dying to read about the gun range....

I hope all goes good w/ your surgery Neelie, take care and recover quickly.

Ok wow I havn't been on here in ages!! So i'll recap. I loved your story Anza even if it is Nick/Greg. And thoughts of little Ryan/Greg make me all gooey they are too adorable. Im loving your story to Wolfsgamergirl I can't wait for more - I like how Greg thinks it may be him but Ryan was just in his own world. The meeting should be interesting. Anyway keep up the fantastic work!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, and I'm really glad you guys enjoy it. I've finished a bit more. So on to part 3!

Greg had debated for sometime over whether to take a cab or the bus to the range, he had finally settled on the bus. What a better way to see the city then take the public transportation system, that is how he ended up in the current situation. Squished between some guy that looked like he could take a bullet and kick Greg’s butt at the same time, and another that if you touched him with more than a feather he would crumble like a crushed rock. Greg’s face was contorted against bullet man’s back each time the bus took a turn, thankfully the guy was too busy yelling into his cell phone to notice him. Soon the range sign came into sight and he pulled the bell to signal the exited from this happy trip.

Inventory was Ryan’s least favorite part of the job, each morning nonetheless he was out there making sure nothing had disappeared during the night. Thankfully he didn’t have to call like he did the previous week when 5 boxes of shells disappeared and then were used in a murder. As Ryan took the inventory and made notations about what he needed to order his thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind him.

“Excuse me? I..I’d like to learn how to shoot a gun.”

Ryan was tempted to tell the person that he couldn’t help them that his teaching was useless, but when he turned around there was something about the man standing before him. First his shirt was a bit odd for Miami, but if he wanted to wear black with a strange looking person on it that was his issue. The second was the baby face mixed with the shaggy blonde/brownish hair and the sharp brown eyes looking intently back at him.

“Sure, I’m always up for a lesson. My name is Ryan, welcome to the Miami Gun Range. Do you know what kind of gun you’d like to shoot?” Ryan asked as he handed the man the clipboard with the paper work attached.

“My name is Greg. Um...the kind that I could possibly use to save my life.” Greg answered as he concentrated on signing the release papers.

“Is this for personal reasons?”

“Sort of, the field of work I’m in I sometimes end up in situations where I have to fend off people.”

“Mind if I ask what kind of work?”

“I’m a CSI back in Vegas.”

“You’re from Vegas and you’re a CSI? What are you doing here?” Ryan was a bit standoffish meeting a CSI from another city, not knowing if the man was really telling the truth.

“I’m on vacation for two weeks from my job.” Greg said as he pulled out his drivers licence, credit card, and his CSI id to prove to the man he wasn’t crazy.

Ryan took both to make copies, starting at the picture of one as the other was copied. He took a mental note of the other man’s information and couldn’t help but feel that he had a connection to Greg. Upon returning from making the copies and filing the paperwork, Ryan handed Greg ear muffs and had him follow to the back of the range.

‘How far do you want the target?” Ryan asked as he held the remote in his hand.

“Let’s start slow and go with 10 feet, I don’t want to over do it on the first try.” Greg answered as he placed the ear muffs on his head and too the pistol Ryan offered.

Greg stepped up to the line and carefully lined up the first shot, paused, and then pulled the trigger, the shot went wide and missed the paper completely.

“Well if this is any indication, I might as well give up now.” Greg sighed as he tried to hand the gun back to Ryan.

“Here let me see if I can help.” Ryan moved to stand behind him and used his hand to steady the other man’s arm as Greg took his next shot.

Greg was enjoying the help, not to mention that Ryan was pretty cute so to have his hand anywhere on his body was something Greg had needed for a very long time. It was starting to excite him a lot, this had been a secret fantasy of his for a while. Sadly he had to put the thoughts out of his mind since he was at the shooting range with a deadly weapon in his hands.

Ryan always enjoyed helping people but this one was different, he never touched a costumer before but there was something special about Greg. He was really enjoying the touching, it had been a long time since he had touched anyone, sex of the person wasn’t even the forethought in his head. Plus being behind him he could read the back of the shirt and noticed the words Marilyn Manson. This triggered the hidden memory that Ryan had suppressed earlier in the morning. He adjusted himself closer to Greg’s back so that Greg could aim at the newly moved 25 foot target.

“So you like Marilyn Manson?” Ryan ventured a guess trying to find out if this was his online friend.

“I do. Wait, are you by chance on the People Without Partners website? I just get this feeling that we have a connection.” Greg asked as they took a break while Ryan refilled the gun for the next round.

“How did you know that?” By the end of the question Ryan had stopped reloading the gun and was staring at Greg.

I belong to it as well, I figured you were the person I was going to be meeting up with this afternoon when I saw the light blue shirt at the coffee shop. Your being here confirmed that it had to be you, an odd coincidence, but nonetheless I had to ask.” He flashed a bright smile that made Ryan start to melt inside.

awe...the meeting so sweet. This is a great story keep it coming. Poor Greg, can't shoot for shit, LOL. Which is good cause that means Ryan is going to have to spend lots of time with him touching him ...I mean teaching him...yeah teaching...

I got to say - I am soooo hooked my this fic!
Szmandatogoholic - hope you are better soon!

Ok - what is it about these 2 together that is so iresistable???

Hope you feel better, Neelie! :)

Aw that story's awesome! Keep writing.
“My name is Greg. Um...the kind that I could possibly use to save my life.”
lol. Cute. xD

I think Greg might miss the target on purpose just so he can get more lessons and Ryan has to hold him closer to teach him how to shoot. OR maybe it won't be intentional, maybe he'll just be too distracted by Ryan to be able to aim it right. I'm pretty sure Greg's is going to need some private lessons at his hotel room on aiming his gun and how to hold it properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back