Rock/Alternative music

*Sigh* I wish No Doubt would release a new album soon 'cause the old ones are slowly starting to get boring. Then again Gwen's pregnancy and baby is more important.

I heard they were taking a break and that they were planning to get into the studio to record a new album soon after Gwen finished her tour. I guess maybe the pregnancy changed things up. I really want to see them on tour too.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so hope here is ok :) but has anyone in the UK heard of a band called The Kooks?

I think they're new-ish, and I've only recently taken notice of them as their song 'Naive' has grown on me the more I hear it. I'm liking their sound...remind me of 'old' bands that I like listening to, like the Kinks and the Beatles (I'm not really totally sure why though - I think it may also have something to do with the physical appearance of the band members :D ).

THE KOOOOOOOOOOOKS I looooooooove those guys! I've seen 'em live @ London calling in Paradiso, Amsterdam.
They're so great live! I also loooove Danko Jones & Maximo Park.

i hope NO DOUBT will make a new album too (of course after gwen has the baby and all)...i'm not too crazy about gwen's solo stuff

i love Weezer, i love Beverly Hills

System of a Down is my favorite band right now, I finally got a copy of their first album the other day, I think it's one of their best ones!

My favorite band is subject to change every week or two :p

System of a Down is awesome. I have their newest album, "Hypnotize". It's pretty good, but I want some of their older albums too.

Weezer is pretty good too. Their new stuff it kind of getting repetitive but I love their older songs like "Island in the Sun" and "Buddy Holly".

You definately should, Reeble. Hypnotize and Mezmerize were OK, but just wait until you hear the self-titled, Toxicity, and Steal This Album!. I really actually prefer their older stuff, it's more...what's the word...raw? The new songs just seem a little too slick to me.

I'm like that with alot of bands, I prefer their old stuff to their new stuff.

^^Toxicity is grand! I adore it. My favorite song is "Prison Song" :D

Another grand rock band is Korn. I think they are amazing. Best songs are 'Word Up' 'Ya'll Want A Single' and 'Coming Undone' :D

Yeah I know. I totally agree. I love their old stuff like "The Prison Song", "Toxicity" and "Chop Suey". Their self titled album is on my list of CD's to buy.

Do you have "Steal this Album"? If so, how is it?

ETA: I love Korn aswell! My favourite song is "Word Up".

Korn's another one of those bands I like the older stuff better. Everything up to and including "Issues" I liked alot, then my interest in then started to wane, rapidly, I might add. I actually just saw them in concert eh end of last month, I was very delighted that they played alot of their older songs. :D

I bet it has something to do with Jon being sober and Head being converted :p

Back