Rock/Alternative music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 20, 2005.

1. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I've been really into Rooster and Theory of a Deadman at the minute. I love the lyrics of songs, I don't care if they're extremely cheesy, It's nice mellow music to relax to. :D

2. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

It's very different than Sweet Revenge, not really better or worse. There are some songs that I absolutely adore (Famous Last Words) and some songs I don't really like (Cancer). I don't think it is better or worse, it is very very good though! Oh and the bonus track is hillarious.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

After listening to 'The Black Parade' I have to say I do prefer this album to the last one. I agree it's not much different to the last one, but I prefer the songs on the new album, actually I'm quite impressed with it. :lol: So far at first listen I'm lovin' 'Mama' and 'I Don't Love You', I've only managed to listen to the whole album once, but overall - it's fab. :D

4. blackened623

blackened623 Prime Suspect

I must say, I haven't really been a big MCR fan in the past, but I recently heard their last album and I was suprised at how good it was. Then I listened to The Black Parade... and it's a pretty excellent Cd. My favorites now are "The Sharpest Lives", "This is How I Disappear", and "Famous Last Words".

I saw somewhere on aol news that was comparing The Black Parade to American Idiot, and a poll voting which album you think is better. It took me forever to decide, because I loved American Idiot too. The votes were split exactly in half! I was wondering what everyone here thinks...

I might as well post the link MCR It has some interesting things to read too...

5. Tinkerbell

Thanks for the link blackened623. :)

American Idiot and The Black Parade are still level pegging. I voted for American Idiot, but it was a pretty hard choice. I prefer Green Day’s album and I think Green Day are a better band, but I'm a huge Green Day fan. :lol:

6. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

still split 50-50. I have been listening to Green Day since I was four (my Dookie album is covered in finger paint and stickers...) they will forever be my favorite band and I will never place a vote against them.

7. Shine

Shine Police Officer

I see you guys're talking about MCR's The Black Parade,
    so I'll put in my 2 cents. xD
    When I heard Welcome To The Black Parade, I was sceptical.
    But then , when The Black Parade came out,
    I was intrigued.
    I got it and listened to.
    Surprisingly I liked it.
    "Mama" and "Cancer" are really not my favourites,
    even though they have great lyrics.
    "Teenagers" is the worst song on the album in my opinion,
    but it's also my favourite.
    I belive MCR aren't as "alternative" as the were on "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge", but I can say I like this album better.
    There are rumours on the internet that there will be a movie about this Patient's story.
    I would like to see it,
    but I don't want to get my hopes up.
    Mosty because Green Day mentioned many times that "American Idiot" will be made into a movie and there is still nothing.

Oh, has anyone heard "The Saints Are Coming" by Green Day & U2?
    I love it.

8. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

i like rock music and i'm ok on alternative music but hard rock like screaming down the mic i don't like really i like music to have a beat and to flow

9. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

i lurve mcr's new album....
    i loved welcome to the black parade when i heard it, but i didnt totally get what it was about until i heard gerard way talk about it and i love the concept that death comes to you in the form of your most pronounced memory...my favourite songs off the album are 'cancer' and 'teenagers' because they have totally killer lyrics. cancer especially hits me, mostly because its so close to home and it just wrenches you......my only criticism of the song is that its just too short...'mama' is a totally brilliant song...i mean, getting liza minelli on it? genius!
    its not as alternative as three cheers for sweet revenge, definitely moving away from the 'emo' stereotype of tcfsr as well....but its so much more mature and well thought.....the lyrics are much more thought out too....a mon avis.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Im afraid to say I never got into MCR. I know they are very popular, but hey, different strokes for different folks, eh?

Green Day I really like . I was lucky enough to see them in London when I was 15, and have singles like 'Basket Case' on Green vinyl.

11. Tinkerbell

I've heard it about twice. Unfortunately both times were when I was at work. We have the radio on quite low, so I couldn't really make much of it out, but from what I heard, it sounded awesome. :D

As for My Chemical Romance, if I'm being honest they are not normally the type of band I listen to, but over the past six months I've really started to like them. I think I'm going through a strange music phase at the moment, along with The Back Parade, I also brought Fall Out Boys and Panic! At The Disco's albums recently. :lol: I normally prefer the heavier stuff. I have no idea what happening to my music taste recently :lol:

12. blackened623

blackened623 Prime Suspect

^^I think I'm going through that exact same phase now! haha :lol: I used to would have never listened to My Chemical Romance or any other related band, but for some strange reason...I've almost become addicted to their music! Kinda funny... I mean, my favorite band is Metallica! And yet I can't stop listening to The Black Parade... Something's happened to my mind... :lol:

13. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

I love the Shins also! "Caring is Creepy" is a good song.

Cat Power anyone? I like the song they played in V for Vendetta that was by her. It was called "I found a Reason"

14. Tinkerbell

I brought the V For Vendetta soundtrack and I love the Cat Power song I Found A Reason. I've not heard any other songs, but she really caught my attention on the soundtrack.

15. Tinkerbell

Bumping up. :)