Rock/Alternative music

Oh, you're a sly one, Baba_O_Riley! :lol:

Well, this is just how I feel about Good Charlotte, it goes something like this:

"If it weren't for the Buzzcocks, who knows we might sound like Good Charlotte or something that sounds like,. . .

*pauses*

Oh, they're good it just sounds like, it sounds like, well, it tastes like a Popsicle that's been stuck up someone's ass, but tha'ts my opinion. Some people are into that, who am I to say."

-Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
-LIVE Madison Square Garden
-July 8, 2003

:lol:

Whoa, that's harsh! :eek: But, everyone has their opinion. :D

BTW-Does anyone know if Greenday has a song on the Godzilla soundtrack? We lost our copy and it's been driving me crazy for weeks!

Whoa, that's harsh! :eek: But, everyone has their opinion. :D

Yeah, but it was funny. Plus, I'm an elitist when it comes to music. :devil: :devil:

BTW-Does anyone know if Greenday has a song on the Godzilla soundtrack? We lost our copy and it's been driving me crazy for weeks!

Brain Stew, is played on the Godzilla soundtrack, I just looked it up for you. Because I don't have that album. But I thought I would be helpful, now that I have upset you with the Good Charlotte bashing quote.

Ok, thanks for being helpful. :lol: It was on today again and it drove me crazy not knowing until now!

And the Good Charlotte bashing is ok....in moderation. :p

Anyone ever heard of The Academy Is?

yOu dont like GC?? :( okay wait i dont care im not married to them. ill bet i wont like your music either so there!! :lol: now minnie's gonna come in an make sure we're playing nice. I still love you people!

yOu dont like GC?? :( okay wait i dont care im not married to them. ill bet i wont like your music either so there!! :lol: now minnie's gonna come in an make sure we're playing nice. I still love you people!

I bet you've never heard my music before, but I think you should, it's some good rockin' foot tappin' music.

But alas, my friend, usually calls me an ELITIST! ! !

The Rasmus are INCREDIBLE!! Theyve got this song "Funeral Song" and " not like the other girls" those songs drive me crazy!!

I guess no one here has heard their very first album, "Peep".
I just love song "Frog" and "Postman" :lol:
I have it and god it was so much different then.

Tho, Lauri is such a babyface. Still. I guess after that they were quiet for a few years and added "The" to their name and they are so much more adult now and developed. Music and singing.
I dislike Apocalyptica song, where Lauri sings with Ville Valo (singer of HIM). Lauri sings too high and and Ville too low for their voices.

Does anyone in other countries ever realize how much great music Finland produces?
HIM, Sonata Arctica, Sentenced, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Darude, The Rasmus, Paleface (I'm not a fan, it's rap, but it's quite popular, I guess), The 69 Eyes plus some other bands too. Like Poets of the Fall.

And people try to say Swedes do good music? What good they have done lately? Erm... Bosson? Blah..Solid Base? It's history.. .well, Ace of Base is pretty good. And Roxetteof course but where are all new bands?

And UK... just before Nightwish's concert on Friday night we talked about that. Some British magazine had wrote that Tarja can't pronounce English right. Then talks turned into it that when UK itself has brought something GREAT to the markets... to this category (metal, alternative).. Then we agreed "Nothing since Iron Maiden". And it started in the 70s :lol:

Thats weird, most of the American bands that get famous, started out in Europe - i guess America is never quite approving of a band unless its big in Europe... probably why these European bands got so big so fast. Rasmus have some really great songs - but his voice irritates me - sounds girly in a guy way i guess... i cant explain it.
There's this great group calle Hopesfall - i think everyone here would find SOMETHING interesting about them.

Tch, I did realise that Finland produce good music. But when I say that to someone, they just look at me weirdly and walk off. They probably think that because of the EuroVison. :D

and tch, we have had great bands into the metal/alternative since the 70's. FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND. :D They're a goodish band.

But kazzy, I meant NOW...in the 90s and since.
Suede was awesome but it doesn't fit to this category :p

And I don't think you knew any of Finnish bands until you got familiar with those because of me and Siri :p
(The Rasmus you could have known)

Pooh. Well you didn't say recently. And who the heck is Suede? :p I think I've discovered more finn bands without Siri and you. But I'll list it...later.

And no, I didn't know the Rasmus before you said something about it. :p

LOL @ you not knowing Suede.
Oo, tell me what Finnish bands you've discovered without us?
So far we've told about Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarious, HIM, The Rasmus, Poets of the Fall, The 69 Eyes, Children of Bodom and Sentenced to you.

Like I said....Ill list it later. :lol:

Which means nothing really. Tch.

btw, :( Who are Suede?

Back