Riley/Lauren Lee Smith

thanks for the posting the link to that interview speedystokesgirl, i'll go take a look now.:)

And I don't think you have to carry a weapon as a CSI- Greg doesn't carry. But maybe if you do, you have to be up to date or something, I don't know.

I have to admit to being a little bitter towards her character but that's only because I was hoping that sara would come back. After I got over that I decided she will make a good addition to the teme. She's so blunt!

Personally I was actually looking forward to Riley around the promos of her joining. I think it's cool to finally get another female CSI on the show, and I love the interaction she's had with Greg so far, too. :lol:
But what I'm interested in is her relationship with Nick. We know she's going to be pushing Grissom buttons, and we've seen her interact with Catherine a little, but I want to see if Nick's going to become almost like a mentor to Riley as Grissom was to him. Either way, I think Riley is a great addition to the show and I hope there is some good coming out of it. :)

you know now That I've seen her in a few episodes I actually love how she works with team and how she fits in with them.I have to agree with the lot and say she does resemble Sophia.Though in the recent episode say uncle,I feel she lost her cool a bit in that woman's house but I mean who wouldn't if someone didn't understand you or what you were doing there.I actually like the way she works with Grissom too challenging him the way she does.She is just filling her way into my heart very easily.

Well I really like Riley, and I like the chemistry between her and Greg (not the shippy kind) I think they work very well together. But they need to pair her with everyone not just him. She's cool, she's vibrant, excited about her job, she has her own mind and isn't afraid to stand up to Grissom, she's funny. Best of all she's not whiny or panting after Grissom like a lovesick puppy.

Well I really like Riley, and I like the chemistry between her and Greg (not the shippy kind) I think they work very well together. But they need to pair her with everyone not just him. She's cool, she's vibrant, excited about her job, she has her own mind and isn't afraid to stand up to Grissom, she's funny. Best of all she's not whiny or panting after Grissom like a lovesick puppy.

I totally agree Wojo, I've not seen all her eps yet, but so far, I like the chemistry (friendship style) she has with Greg. I love how i've seen her so far with Grissom, not like others. I like it, she's different, and I like the way she is so far :)

I liked that scene with Doc, too, her talking to him on his level, and he enjoyed that. I like her, so far, so good. And I'm a fanatical Sara fan, and was prepared to dislike her, but I do like her:thumbsup:And to me she look's NOTHING like Sofia, she's got an oval face, Sofia had a round face She's got brown eyes, Sofia had blue eyes, and I noticed she's got a tiny gap between her front teeth, and Sofia didn't. NO resemblance to me at all~

Last edited:

I totally agree. I'd like to see her work with Cath or Wendy (maybe she'd even be Wendy's mentor as Wendy moves into the field?). I definitely expect hilarity to ensue when she works with Hodges.

Hey everyone. I'm Joy and Im new to this whole thing.

Now that I introduced myself, Im glad to see a form started for Riley. At first I couldnt stand her but that was probably because she came right after Warrick's death. (sniffle) But I have to admit, Im starting to like her. She's really confindent and seems to jump right into working. I have to admire her for that.

welcome Joy :)I'm really impressed by riley too, I know what you mean, I was all planning to hate her, yet she's been great so far, a good edition to the team. I like her personality

Hey everyone. I'm Joy and Im new to this whole thing.

Now that I introduced myself, Im glad to see a form started for Riley. At first I couldnt stand her but that was probably because she came right after Warrick's death. (sniffle) But I have to admit, Im starting to like her. She's really confindent and seems to jump right into working. I have to admire her for that.

Welcome Joy! I think a lot of people felt the same way as you at the beginning -- expecting to dislike her. I think most fans will also eventually come around though. *fingers crossed* I can't imagine how difficult it is to join such an established show, when fans (and characters) are still smarting from such significant losses. I have to say that TPTB (and the writers in particular) are doing a great job of incorporating her, without letting her character dominate.

I have to say I already have a favorite scene with Riley in it,Aside from the first one with the doc I loved the most recent one when they were talking about face book.It cracked me up.I can almost see her looking to Doc Robbins as sorta of a father figure.Call me crazy,I can just see it happening.

I have to say I never thought I would like Riley, but I do. I'm not one for characters that are quirky. Very easy to annoy me. I switched off the gilmore girls because mother and daughter( forgotten their names), were too out there.Don't get me started on how annoying ally mcbeal was.Riley however is the right side of quirky. She is deffinately not as depressing and self important as Sara. Already a bonus for me. Hope they keep her that way.

Back