Riley/Lauren Lee Smith

Am i going totally mad, or does LLS remind anyone else a little bit of Louise Lombard? Or is it just the way she does her hair@?

I hadn't a chance to see more Riley than a short vids etc.

Bubbles, you're right that she looked like Louise. She has similiar hairstyle and once in some promo I thought that Louise was back and then surprise - it's Riley.

Kaylyne, thanks for the article:)

She does bear a slight resemblance to Louise. Mostly only from the side view, and never when her hair is down, only when it's in a ponytail. I too in that promo thought it was Sofia at first. :lol:

Glad to hear i'm not the only one! :) I haven't seen a full ep with her yet, so I guess the resemblence I see will get less when I watch more.

I don't know about any other guys' opinion but i think Lauren Lee Smith is absolutely beautiful. I could watch her on tv all day

I don't know about any other guys' opinion but i think Lauren Lee Smith is absolutely beautiful. I could watch her on tv all day

To be honest, I hadn't seen her in anything before CSI, just a couple of pics from spoilers etc. I will agree that she is an attractive woman :)

From what I've heard Riley is going to be a pretty cool character too.

Okay it is that time again to remind folks about the ship discussion rule, something we do to refresh the regular members and help out the newest ones to. Now before anyone says, well why are you posting this in here and not in other threads, its the roundup and therefore this will be posted in all actor/actress/character threads.

So here is how it goes, any and all ship discussions should be done in the respective threads in the Shipper Central forum, the only time that any ship discussion should be discussed in the LV forum is when it pertains to a specific episode, in which case it would go into either said episode discussion thread or the lab. Causal mention of a ship is fine as long as it is not used to dominate a discussion as there are some folks who are not shippers, or some who ship different characters. If you need to make a small point using a part of scene from a ship moment that is fine but again do not let it dominate, if it pushes the limit then we will not hesitate to remind you of the rule.

The one strict rule that the board has and one in which we will halt is the shipping of real life actors/actresses of the show this is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Shipping characters is one thing, but what happens in the actors/actresses real life is off limits unless it is something that they acknowledge via media (ie interviews, etc) and then we ask that it not be expanded upon but kept to that which is made public.

We thank you for taking the time to read this, and appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

I know it's been mentioned before, but it still perplexes me how much Riley looks like Sofia Curtis. She could be her little sister. :D And the way she ran around with her gun in the beginning of "Let it bleed" totally made me think she should have been a detective instead of a CSI. Although, I guess she's a little too cute for that.

Anyways, I love Riley, she's a refreshing new character and I hope she'll make CSI a lot more attractive for me again. I was really excited when I first found out she'd be on the show, and so far I'm not disappointed in the way they're handling her storyline. :)

I know it's been mentioned before, but it still perplexes me how much Riley looks like Sofia Curtis. She could be her little sister. :D And the way she ran around with her gun in the beginning of "Let it bleed" totally made me think she should have been a detective instead of a CSI. Although, I guess she's a little too cute for that.

Anyways, I love Riley, she's a refreshing new character and I hope she'll make CSI a lot more attractive for me again. I was really excited when I first found out she'd be on the show, and so far I'm not disappointed in the way they're handling her storyline. :)

She could be her little sister!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the resemblance.

I know what you mean about making the show more attractive again. I think it's good that they've brought her in,and from what I hear so far, she's really bringing a different aspect to the show.

the way she ran around with her gun in the beginning of "Let it bleed" totally made me think she should have been a detective instead of a CSI. Although, I guess she's a little too cute for that.

Riley was supposed to have been a cop before she was a CSI I think.

After seeing three episodes with her, I really like her. I love the way she banters with the rest of the team, Greg in particular. She's fiesty and doesn't back down. She's also very curious and intuitive. I think she's going to be a great addition to the team. I did read somewhere that she has an interesting past that will be explored in greater detail in future episodes.

I can't wait to see that explored. I also can't wait for her to get an case that pushes her buttons, like Greg did in Season 5, with "Spark of Life", Nick with "Gum Drops" and "Overload" Sara with "Nesting Dolls" and "Sex, Lies and Larvae", Grissom did with "Gentle, Gentle," "Alter Boys," and "Burnout." amongst other cases. She seems bolted together pretty tight, so I think it'll take a lot to rattle her. I'm curious as to what it would be.

BTW, I thought you HAD to be weapons certified to work in the field as a CSI. I remember it being an issue in the episode from Season 5, "Harvest" when Nick failed his Firearms Qualification.

Here's an interview from TVGuide.com with Lauren Lee Smith talking about Riley.

Click Here

This interview could contain spoilers (though I don't think its anything we didn't already know), so read AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Back