Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kimmychu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Guys, we have even more news about Rikki's return now! From Ausiello ...

Woooooow! :eek:

What do you all think of this?!

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^ I LOVE that line. I'm so happy that Rikki is coming back. She surely had an impact on Danny. It sounds like she is turning his world upside down. But in a good way. :D

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. Anyone want to give me a finally? :D

Still no word on Rikki's condition when she returns. Like I said, I think if she is pregnant, we won't find out until the ep airs...or more detailed spoilers come out. But...what Veasey said definitely gives me hope for Danny and Rikki as a couple. :D

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yes. An "About Damn Time!" from me.

Yay to them unstapling Lindsay from Danny and hopefully finding her own way.

Yay to Rikki coming back for multiple episodes.

And Yay to what's hopefully a good and compelling storyline. I'm really looking forward to how this relationship evolves.

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I will! :D FINALLY!! :p I agree that if she is coming back pregnant they will do everything they can to keep it quiet and nobody can blame them. Look how much publicity it's generated. I am looking forward to season 5. I also liked the line about Lindsay having her eye on somebody else. It seems that maybe Lindsay will finally get to stand on her own two feet without Danny. And yes, I have hope too that Danny and Rikki will finally be a couple.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Count me in for another FINALLY! :lol: :D I, too, have hopes Danny and Rikki are going to be a couple.

I just love that even with the two pregnancy hints we've had from Matt Mitovich and Ausiello, we still don't know whether that'll happen or not. :devil: I don't mind whether she returns pregnant or not. I'm just so darn happy she is returning! I hope by the time the writers have fully planned out the storyline(s) for Rikki, she'll show up in more than four episodes!

7. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

Finally ! I'm hopefull for Danny and Rikki as a couple.
    I'm still curious on how TPTB bring Rikki back and how it'll affect Danny.
    But I kinda hope that TPTB won't bring Rikki back pregnant

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: I think it's kinda amusing most people are not fond of the idea of Rikki returning pregnant. I don't blame anyone for thinking that though; if that particular plot is mishandled, things can go reaaally bad in the headdesk-y, OMGWTF way. I wonder if TPTB will surprise us and come up with a completely different reason for her return just to stir the hornet's nest even more. But after Matt Mitovich and Ausiello hinting at and bringing up possible pregnancy rumors, I would be surprised if Rikki didn't return pregnant.

9. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

I'm just afraid that TPTB will handle the storyline exactly like they did with the Danny/Lindsay "romance", like a complete soap opera thing.
    That's my sole reason I kinda dislike the idea of Rikki getting the preggers
    But I have no doubt with Jacqueline or Carmine's acting ability's
    Especially Jacqueline, She conveys alot of emotion in just a little amount of time.
    And you're completly right Kimmychu that the storyline could end up real bad

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Believe me, so am I. :eek: :lol: But like you, I have no doubts about Jacqueline's and Carmine's acting abilities. :D Hopefully whatever TPTB chooses to do, it'll be one that does justice to Rikki's character as well as Danny's.

How about more pictures of Rikki, everyone? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her expression in the last screencap says so much.

11. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

I didn't mean to doubt their acting preformance ( sorry for that, my english isn't exactly the best in the book :lol:)
    Because both of them are wonderful and have chemistry with eachother
    But I'm too worried and kinda sick to see another potentual good storyline shot to hell for just some cheap soapy thing

And in that last picture Rikki looks sad to leave Danny alone.
    Not to mention that Jacqueline looks natural beautiful

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Her expression on the last screen cap does not need any other word. I mean, you can clearly see that she was about to cry, but at the same time she was trying to maintain her cool and smile in front of Danny, because in a way she was actually trying to hide her feelings for him (and I have in mind the morning when she said that it was all about sex, when she didn't mean that). Her eyes are so expressive, and that is the main thing that I love about her, you can look into her eyes, without her saying anything, and then you just know what she is feeling, what she is thinking, basically you can write entire pages only based on that single facial expression.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I totally agree with you miss_blue.

That is so true. Jacqueline pulled off the 'goodbye to Danny' scene with such emotion that it was almost heartbreaking to watch. I really like those kinds of scenes where there is very little dialouge and the actors can express their emotions by the looks on their faces. That to me, is good acting.

Bring on Rikki :D

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought the sugar thing was really sweet--it says a lot about Rikki's character and her overall kindness.

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Don't worry, nobody thought you were doubting them or anything like that. :D A lot of us had the same concern too, but since it seems Rikki won't be returning pregnant, we can be glad there won't be any chance of a pregnancy storyline going really bad.

Ditto to everything! :) As well as ...

Indeed it was. :D She definitely knows Danny better than she claims to (the whole 'we're just neighbors who joke at the mailboxes' thing).

[​IMG]

Even Danny thought it was sweet.

What tells me Rikki knows Danny more than she claims to is the fact she even thought of giving Danny such a gift with a personal meaning behind it. She knew how upset Danny was going to be at her moving away ... which also makes me wonder just how aware she is of Danny's feelings for her. She decided to move away because the 'memories were too painful' but she never said anything about Danny being part of the painful ones.

This was her expression when she had to say goodbye to him for the last time:

[​IMG]

It speaks for itself.