Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

]Don't worry, nobody thought you were doubting them or anything like that. :D A lot of us had the same concern too, but since it seems Rikki won't be returning pregnant, we can be glad there won't be any chance of a pregnancy storyline going really bad.
This was her expression when she had to say goodbye to him for the last time:

pf103ir8.jpg

It speaks for itself.

Sometimes it's a little bit diffecult to express my words in English since it's a little bit diffecult

I'm glad that the spoilers say that Rikki won't return pregnant but still I'm waiting untill the actual epidsode airs ....TPTB has a history of change the spoilers for their liking :lol:

Her face shows it all ...she doesn't want to leave Danny and she feels very sad but she doesn't want to leave him
It's really amazing what Jaqueline can show with just one look

Silver_angel said:
Sometimes it's a little bit diffecult to express my words in English since it's a little bit diffecult
That's okay, we appreciate you posting your thoughts! :D

I'm glad that the spoilers say that Rikki won't return pregnant but still I'm waiting untill the actual epidsode airs ....TPTB has a history of change the spoilers for their liking :lol:
:lol: Truer words have not been spoken. It's interesting Ausiello said in the beginning of his Rikki pregnancy spoiler that 'he may very well eat his words'. It seems there's still the slightest chance Rikki may end up pregnant after all but yeah, waiting until the actual episode airs is a smart move. :cool:

Her face shows it all ...she doesn't want to leave Danny and she feels very sad but she doesn't want to leave him
It's really amazing what Jaqueline can show with just one look
Agreed!

csiny41340ab5.jpg

Here's Rikki after she's given Danny Ruben's memorial pamphlet and she's noticed Danny's gun in its holster hanging on the back of his work chair. It's great how Jacqueline managed to convey subtle sadness and a sense of revelation in a single moment. :)

csiny41391rj5.jpg

Here's Rikki with Danny at Flack's precinct. Again, Jacqueline's conveyed layered emotions; Rikki's outwardly calm but you can also tell she's anxious and isn't sure what's going to happen next. Boy, Danny sure is pissed off at having to bring Rikki in for booking. :lol:

Too much soap opera drama for me. It just got too Days of Our Lives.

:rolleyes::brickwall:

I'm curious as to why the Ruben/Rikki storyline was "too much soap opera drama for [you]?" To me it was a very compelling and believable storyline. The only "soap opera drama" I saw was courtesy of Lindsay not showing any support for Danny and then going all emo on his ass because he didn't lean on her for support, didn't accept her lunch date and forgot her birthday. Also her telling him she loves him but has to "let that go," and then later telling him how "hard [he] is to love" when we've seen no evidence of a relationship past "Snow Day." Rikki wasn't the source of any "soap opera drama" and her interactions with Danny were emotional and realistic IMO.

It's supposed to be a crime drama. I don't think that all this mess with who slept with who and why and when...should be a big part of the show, just IMO.

[shrugs] It's all a matter of opinion. We agree to disagree.:)

Count me in for another FINALLY! I was wainting for the D/L story to end and I hope it will FINALLY! end :D

I love Rikki she's so cute :) and is a lot better for danny than lindsay
there's a much better chemistry between them even though it's sad that the whole thing only started after Ruben got shot

It's supposed to be a crime drama. I don't think that all this mess with who slept with who and why and when...should be a big part of the show, just IMO.

[shrugs] It's all a matter of opinion. We agree to disagree.:)

I don't think it should be a big part of the show either, so we can agree on that. I was just curious as to why you thought it was a soap opera, so no worries.

Count me in for another FINALLY! I was wainting for the D/L story to end and I hope it will FINALLY! end :D
Me too! It also won't bother me if there's no Danny/Rikki. My main concern is for DL to end and Danny to get back to actually being Danny again.

Even crime dramas need to delve into the characters' backgrounds a bit and unfortunately a big part of that is their dating habits. If we had to be subjected to DL's teenage exploits since Season 2, then I really don't see a problem with having to watch Danny and Rikki deal with their grief the same way as a lot of other people in the world have chosen to deal with it.

For whatever reason they've decided to bring Rikki back for (and we don't know at this point), I'm sure it will be worth watching because Jacqueline Pinol is a wonderful actress and I enjoy watching her onscreen interacting with Carmine.

CSINYGal88 said:
Too much soap opera drama for me. It just got too Days of Our Lives.

:rolleyes::brickwall:

:guffaw: Interesting these two reasons only pop up whenever it's about a relationship that isn't Danny/Lindsay. :rolleyes: The existence of this double standards is hilarious and sad at the same time.

1csimfan said:
If we had to be subjected to DL's teenage exploits since Season 2, then I really don't see a problem with having to watch Danny and Rikki deal with their grief the same way as a lot of other people in the world have chosen to deal with it.

For whatever reason they've decided to bring Rikki back for (and we don't know at this point), I'm sure it will be worth watching because Jacqueline Pinol is a wonderful actress and I enjoy watching her onscreen interacting with Carmine.

Seconded.

Even crime dramas need to delve into the characters' backgrounds a bit and unfortunately a big part of that is their dating habits.

Especially seeing as there's 3 CSI shows. If they didn't go into the character background or issues it would pretty much be 3 almost identical shows.

Sure they need a little of the characters private live - it just doesn't have to be too much.

So what's your definition of "too much?" Do you think they've shown "too much" of the characters' private lives in the past seasons or did they just show "too much" with the Ruben Sandoval story?

WhosLaughingNow said:
If they didn't go into the character background or issues it would pretty much be 3 almost identical shows.

Exactly. And I do believe TPTB did mention at some point that CSI:NY is supposed to stand out for having more personal background development than the other two shows.

It's possible TPTB is now bringing in more recurring characters to allow more ... expansion into each main character's background, so to speak. It's nice to see the main characters interacting with each other, definitely, but there's only so far you can go when the majority of the main characters all have the same job and work in the same place every day. :lol: Involving the main characters with other characters outside of their work immediately opens up all kinds of opportunities to showcase NYC from a variety of angles.

So, heck yeah, it's great to have Rikki returning in season five! :D :cool:

Sure they need a little of the characters private live - it just doesn't have to be too much.

So what's your definition of "too much?" Do you think they've shown "too much" of the characters' private lives in the past seasons or did they just show "too much" with the Ruben Sandoval story?

All I'm saying (or at least try to say :) I have a low self-esteem when it comes to english :confused: don't wanna do anything wrong ) is that sometimes there's too much characters private live, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not

the D/L was a little too much it started in season 2 and still didn't end.
the Ruben thing was great, I love that episode
(though maybe that should've happend to flack or adam, danny had already heartbreaking stories. )

that lindsay thing in court - i don't know - maybe it's just me, but that story was totally unnecessary, allright you learnt why the person is like she is, but anyway a (simple) explanation would be enough, maybe talking to someone

Back