Rex Linn/Frank Tripp Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hankster, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Bumpity bump for those who were looking for this thread. :)

2. csimiami_happy

csimiami_happy Pathologist

Yay for the Frank thread! He can make an episode for me, even if I'm not loving it, he'll come out of nowhere with something like 'what are you, stuck on stupid?' and I start being sucked into the story again.

3. DC_nz

DC_nz Hit and Run

Hey, a Tripp thread - awesome!! Tripp has some great lines in the show and I've always enjoyed watching his character on Miami. He's got great interaction with all the cast too...had to laugh at the scene in 'going under' where he gave Calleigh a boost. Haha... :)

4. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Yay! I've been looking for this thread since I saw Payback the other day. I just loved the bit where Frank came storming up to Natalia (calling her "Boa Vista") wanting to know how the info about his warrant had leaked out. He doesn't care, does he? If there's something wrong he'll make a fuss about it. He's a no bulls**t man. And then he went after the lawyer who'd bribed the courier - "you'll be flipping burgers". Big cheers for Frank!

5. DC_nz

DC_nz Hit and Run

Oh I loved that scene in Payback. I'm not a Boa Vista fan so that made that scene even better! It's just so wrong that Rex Linn's screen credits are the same quick flash as Eva La Rue's when he's been on the show much longer. Anyways, I'm gonna have to re-watch old episodes and find some Tripp quotes.

6. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

oh i love frank tripp ... his sarcasm is adorable

i loved rex linn in the episode when i he was under suspicion (i totally forgot the name :S) he was great although it wasn't a good episode for the character ... but the delko frank conversations were hilarious

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Frank totally rocks. I love him.

I was watching Dipso Day the other day and I just love his scene with the reporter.

Do mind if we ask you a few questions?
    Yes

I loved that scene. :lol:

8. UnXplainedThing

UnXplainedThing Victim

Yay, great comeback!
    I can't believe nobody mentionned Rap Sheet. I love the Tripp character but boy did he crack me up on that episode!

Calleigh: Would you be my bodyguard?
    Tripp: If I can call you Whitney.
    Also loved the way he called the bad guy by his real name and when he did turn around said 'Dumb ass, gets 'em all the time'. He knows his way around.

Someone mentionned it but it's my belief that he does chew tobacco.

I don't remember Rex Linn in After The Sunset, God knows I love that movie though... gotta watch it again!

9. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

You know that Frank Tripp scoped out Calleigh's backseat when he *gave her a boost*--what normal man wouldnt't do that?!?! :lol:

10. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

That was priceless. I loved that scene Hankster. I was laughing so hard. I hope they focus more on Frank in future eppy's. It would be good to learn more about him.

So he does chew tobacco. EWWWWWWWW. I still like him though. Although I would never kiss him. Too icky. LMAO

The Good Rebecca

11. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

Frank can be an insensitive, bull-headed prat at times. Yet he is one of the things that makes this show still bearable. He's just a total breath of fresh air next to God's red-headed stepchild. And I too loved the bit where he chewed out the Boa Constrictor.

Go Frankie GO! *runs away*

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I say this a lot in the other forums, but I'll say it again: IF they wanted to do another spin-off, have Frank Tripp and Jim Brass become partners in a Private Investigation service in Houston or LA. I would SO WATCH THAT SHOW!!! :D

13. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Bumped for the Frank Fans! Gotta love his insight into the golf clubs last week... :D

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Seriously, Tripp needs to have his own show! This guy's attitude is the best! I love it how he tell people to "Shut-up!" Love it..

Now, I have to admit Brass has the best one-liners...but Frank has the best attitude! lol :lol:

15. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

OH yes, that would be fantastic! I'd be right there on the metaphorical couch next to you. I think LA might provide the best plots - can you see Jim and Frank taking on the Hollywood elite? :D