Rex Linn/Frank Tripp Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hankster, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

LOL! Frank had some good ones in Sex, Death and Taxes that they reran the other day:

"Yeah, they're all liars once we divorce 'em!"

HOO HOO HOO!!!

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It's Sex and Taxes.

Y'know... it was strange eppy because it was first one to hint that Frank had divorced. It came all sudden.

But seriously. Frank has the best lines in Miami.

3. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I wish they'd do a "CSI Special" with Frank Tripp and Jim Brass working a case together! Both of them are bald, middle-aged, hard boiled, tough and have GREAT one-liners! I know I'd watch it!!!

And yep, Rex did some ad libbing there because he felt it fit the character that he was divorced after all that fall out with his wife.

4. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I love Frank,
    he indeed has great one liners, he seems to bring humour to the story and he's one of the few people who like really stand up to Horatio

there was this one ep in season 1 and he said: by god Horatio, if you ever meddle in my investigation again .... something... I can't remember it completely, but I know he said it

5. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

Aw, man, I love Frank! He's one of my favorite characters.

And Rex Linn does an awesome job playing him. Y'all know he was in the movie "Cliffhanger"? I didn't... until my aunt told me while we were watching it.

6. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

He was basically playing Frank Tripp in his brief role in "After the Sunset" with Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Salma Hayek!

I really hope we get one or two Frank-centric episodes this season!

7. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Dude, that would be the best episode ever. If they ever do another crossover episode or a CSI film we need a scene with the both of them. They are comedy legends.

I want to get one of those 'Jesus is my homeboy' shirts and photoshop Rex's face on and replace 'Jesus' with 'Tripp'. A best seller methinks ;)

8. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

I watched an episode one eppy in which Frank tells Horatio "and if you ever step on my investigation again..." The tension between them was unexpected and surprised me a bit. I also remember another eppy in which Frank invites Horatio out for Beer and burgers. Can you see the two of them socializing? It would be.....interesting for sure.
    Rebecca

9. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I reckon H and Frank are pretty good friends actually, I reckon that episode was a once in a life-time really big argument, all though Frank doesn't always agrees with Horatio, he usually just goes with the flow

I think Frank seems kinda laid back and that's cool, even though I totally love his humor :lol:

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Even good friends can disagree--and given Frank and H's tough guy nature and working rapport, they could disagree and get tought with eachother, but still be friends afterwards.

11. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Frank has really grown on me. I thought he was kind of in the background to start with, but you're absolutely right - his humour is ace! So deadpan! And sometimes just a look. Like in the S3 episode with the Wingchicks - "No baldies"... Frank's stare... "Sorry". :lol:

12. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

^^ hehehehe Frank is always caught in the middle :lol:

13. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

14. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Thanks for the pics horatio love. I love the first one, his facial expression is so funny. and his mouth... :lol: :lol:

15. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Those are some good pics of Frank and they capture his toughness, sarcasm and wit quite well! :D