Real Beauty

OMG, those pictures are scary! :eek:
Being tones is good, but if you're doing lots of sports you need to make sure you eat enough.
I'm speechless right now, I can't believe those pictures. The girl is still alive, isn't she? Cause she looks close to being not.

The real problem is, is that they say they aren't anorexic. Maybe dinial is a symptom. Like seriously i dont want to be mean but in he new cosmo they have these models on and one of them is SO skinny but she has a face of one of those scary statiotype German maids, it freak the hell out of me how skinny she was. There is this one model on E.T that was THE most discusting thing i have ever seen, all of her bones were sticking out, she couldn't full out her shirt and she has no chest what so ever. They showed a pic of her to some actress's (Like Marel Streep i think) and all they had to say was "That is descusting, i hope she gets some help" and it's true. I would rather be my chunky self that i am right now then be a girl who looks like she's going to die if the wind blows.

I agree! And I think denial is a symptom. People don't want to think they have a problem, because that means they are going to have to deal with it. It is in their head as much as their heart.

I decided to write a satirical article about this for my university paper, and if you all don't mind I think I'll quote some of what you said about how the world views thin people as attractive, as well as your very honest argument about non-thin people not being all that attractive in your opinion heartagram. I think more needs to be written abotu this subject so people know that its more than a worldwide concern among women and some men, it's become contagious in a sense that your negativity or positivity can rub off on others and others may begin to view themselves as too fat or too thin based on how much you obsess about it. Unfortunately, convincing people that you don't have to look like everyone else to be beautiful is nearly a suicidal mission - all you'll ever really hear is "you're only saying that cause you're fit" or "you're only saying that cause you're a tomboy"... etc.

good idea Roka, you can quote me all you like, i have more to say on the issue if you wanna talk privately. i know that its something that drive sme up the wall each and every day.

I would love to talk about this in private and thank you for your permission to quote you. I do understand that it is a very important topic to many women, I just wish I had the means to convince someone that it really doesn't have to be that way. Maybe I'll post my article when I've written it, although I'm warning, it may be a bit offensive to some, since I'm taking a satirical approach to the topic in hopes of stirring up the hidden person in you. The one that wants to pig out :D

i luv pigging out, i luv it until i'm finished and then feel liek shit and sometimes go make myself vomit, and then feel even worse ROFL. i'm messed up haha.

but i'm looking forward to reading ur essay :D

yeah, all the things that you guys are saying make sense and so on, but would that be really true?I mean, we all want to believe that the personality is the most important,but i can't believe that anyone could look for a person and don't make an opinion about how that person looks like...i am not really slim and i have problems with that, because in the world we live in, i know that people would always have the "perfect women" idea...and that's so sad:( I hope that this change...and, of course,i have to say it, this thread is absolutely amazing!

I do believe that looks matter, I just don't think the idea of "perfect woman" implies "skinny & dolled up" for everyone.
I don't think "fat" is pretty and "thin" is ugly. Nor the other way around. I think a person is the most beautiful when they feel comfortable in their own skin.
That means eat healthy and much, don't torture yourself with sports unless it's something you enjoy, accept yourself for who you are and what you look like and wear as little/much make up as you feel pretty with.
Don't look at what others do, what they deem pretty or ugly. Look into the mirror and become friends with who you see. Nobody is perfect, that's where beauty origins from, all the little imperfections.

Daniela said:
yeah, all the things that you guys are saying make sense and so on, but would that be really true?I mean, we all want to believe that the personality is the most important,but i can't believe that anyone could look for a person and don't make an opinion about how that person looks like...i am not really slim and i have problems with that, because in the world we live in, i know that people would always have the "perfect women" idea...and that's so sad:( I hope that this change...and, of course,i have to say it, this thread is absolutely amazing!
i agree, i honestly can say that i can't ignore looks when it comes to guys, i hate it because it makes me feel shallow, but its not actually that shallow, i mean if there isn't the physical, sexual attraction, then no matter how much you like their personality, there isnt anything there that will work or last.

looks do matter, they are deff not all that matters, but they do matter more then people would like to think.

and mia... is sofia grabbing sara's butt?

I agree, it seems shallow but looks is defintely what catches your attention first.
When there's nothing but facade it won't last but when you're not even in the least attracted to the outside it's unlikely you go and make the effort to get to know the inside... That still doesn't mean that the outside has to fit a certain image to be beautiful.

And, heartagram, yes she is.

MiaCharlize said:
I agree, it seems shallow but looks is defintely what catches your attention first.
exactly, when people say beauty is on the inside, it is indeed, but only if you already know the person. only physical beauty catches the eye out and about, so if you are an amazing person, but not all that on the outside people dont bother to get to know you so dont see what your really like. i hate that society is like this, and i hate that i follow in this pattern. but its just the way the brain works, physical attraction is the first attraction to be formed.
When there's nothing but facade it won't last but when you're not even in the least attracted to the outside it's unlikely you go and make the effort to get to know the inside...
exactly.
That still doesn't mean that the outside has to fit a certain image to be beautiful.
it shouldnt, but unfortunately, in 90% of the world, and society, it does. what annoys me is that what i find attractive is basically what the media shows as being attractive. this is an opinion that i've grown to on my own, not from the media. what looks attractive to me just happens to be what the media pushes, and it makes me look shallow but i'm not. i just happen to agree with their views on whats attractive and not.

And, heartagram, yes she is.
thats effing funni

Back