Real Beauty

DaWacko said:
Exercise is good way to keep your stomach flat ;)
I know it from personal experience .
i go to they gym 3 days a week, play sport 5 days a week, and do excercizes at home daily lol

Character is important. But models have to be thin, otherwise noone buys the clothes they promote.

Also you can´t ignore what you look like completely. You can be the most charismatic person in the world. But this is not worth a dime, if you look fat and ugly.

DaWacko said:
MiaCharlize said:
Exercise? The word alone sounds like torture.

LOL!
Just basic sit-ups help to have flat stomach. I do 4x10 three times in a week. Takes about 10mins :rolleyes:
I do 100 sorta sit-ups (I don't sit up straight) every night before I go to sleep.
I keep eating what I always did, but I look thinner than a year ago, it really helps.
People always called me fat because my head is kinda chubby, I still feel fat because of it although I'm not.

hey all...

i hate how society has this 'ideal woman' image that involves rake thing models who only eat celery.... my friend is currently trying to battle an eating disorder and i feel that media has played a large role in her problem... i'm glad that dove is promoting healthy body images!

just to note: cleopatra VII (famous queen of egypt) was said to have been by no means, beautiful. however, it was her charismatic personality and her intelligence that made her so attractive! and that just goes to show that appearance isnt everything... that who you are as a person matters so much more than what you look like!

*end rant*

i wish i liked celery, coz it has negative callories lol. no joke, you burn more callories eating/digesting it, then are in it to start with... damn my stupid taste buds, i would live of the stuff if i liked it rofl

I have a girl in my class who is a model, but she has no hips, no chest and very skinny arms... I don't think that's pretty.
I indeed see, models and that sorta things as the reason why many girls are anorexic.
Because they think that the're supposed to look like that, I admit I want to be thinner, but not like that it looks very unhealthy.
There for I think the Dove commercial is good, It's time for real beauty.

DaWacko said:
^So it kind of affects to your lower stomach?
Yes, and it affects my (upper) stomach too. My former Tae bo teacher said this was the best way to loose vet in that area.

sit ups are my best friend lol, i dunno why but i feel refreshed after doing a few sets lol, its weird i like have a six pack but not, which is good coz i dont wanna look like a man, but it freaks my friends out when i tell the guys that they can punch me as hard as they can in the gut, and at first they dont, but then i make them, and i tense my abs and they are like WTF and rubbing their hand haha. its like a party trick.

i dont think most models are attractive, i hate the flat chested ones with no hips or whatever, i dont want to be like that, but what i do like is an athletic body like jessica alba or jessica simpson or somin. i mean they have shape, they arent been poles.

MiaCharlize said:
Exercise? The word alone sounds like torture.

I agree! Which is why I devote myself to sports. They are amazing...a natural high. When you score that winning goal or basket or whatever you feel on top of the world and what's better....you have a team of friends that are sharing that feeling with you.

Isn't sports the same as doing exercise? I mean, running after a ball, sit ups, weight lifting...all the same to me. I hate sports. I hate anything physically exhausting.
Except swimming. I'm a hardcore swimmer, I can do it for hours and not get out of breath but 5 minutes of jogging and I'm dead...
I could never bring myself to suffer that much just for a few pounds less, doesn't seem worth it.

Put see swimming is a sport, and that feels different then exercising to you right?

To me exercise is just working out to get your body a certain way. Sports like soccer for example does that, but it also is so so much fun and a great connection with other people. It's a game and working out.

Does that make sense?

I just think it's sich that tv today is all about beauty. The thing that really bugs me is those Bratz dolls. They wear mini skirts and tube tops with high heals and are all anorxic with boy friends. WTF those dolls are for little girls! do they want to send the messege for girls to be fugly anorxic sluts who only get boy friends when they wear clothes like that. When i was a baby my mom dressed me in cute dresses and pig tales (I still wear pig tales lol) and i was cute (Not meaning to tute my own horn) but girls these days are wearing tube tops and make up at age 10, they look trashy.

i agree, what makes me sick is that the media are aiming products at younger girls now. things that encourage them to question themselves and their self worth, and encourage eating disorders. i mean its one thing to aim slim as being attractive to teens and young adults that can understand the health risks and that its mostly fake, but to target young girls that firstly havent hit puberty yet so can have no idea whats going to happen with their body, and secondly arent mature enough to understand the implications of body image.

heartagram69 said:
i dont think most models are attractive, i hate the flat chested ones with no hips or whatever, i dont want to be like that, but what i do like is an athletic body like jessica alba or jessica simpson or somin. i mean they have shape, they arent been poles.

Exactly. Mostly everyone looks great when they're thin but I think guys & girls look better when they're toned, kinda like Jessica Biel or Ryan Phillippe. I'd love to have arms like Madonna or Jessica Biel instead of having skinny arms. I also find that people who dance have the best legs as well.

jorja_fan86 said:
heartagram69 said:

Exactly. Mostly everyone looks great when they're thin but I think guys & girls look better when they're toned, kinda like Jessica Biel or Ryan Phillippe. I'd love to have arms like Madonna or Jessica Biel instead of having skinny arms. I also find that people who dance have the best legs as well.
i agree, i mean how hideous did/does nicole ritchie look, i mean talk about lollypop, and her chest bones showing, and ribs, yuck!!! she took it was too far, its the most unnattractive thing ever. i mean i used to think she was fat and unnattractive, but hell what she used to look like was 10 times better then what she looks like now. and i mean, when they get so skinny, they looks their ass and tits, i mean hello, guys like asses n tits haha.
flat chested
bones sticking out
you're in trouble if you cant fill out a bikini

i dont want to be like that, thats gross, i want to be toned lol. i mean i am pretty toned and muscular, but i'm just not happy, i dont think i ever will be though lol.

Back