Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Series low? I think its time for TPTB to realise they're over-killing with "Raskell", and Ray in general.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

A new series low for CSI...Cello And Goodbye brought 10.46 million viewers and a 2.2 in the 18/49 rating.

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

For the first time all season I'm starting to think 'CSI' might not be back for a twelfth year :(

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

No worries; it will be back. But, more than likely it will be moved from its current time slot.
    I think AI has shaken up the night; and it seems to be benefiting Bones. Smart move by FOX.

5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I think jtd94 is right.

If CSI wasn't coming back, I don't see why they would sign a brand new character for next year, as already announced. The rest of the details are up in the air still, but I'm keeping the faith. I'm also thinking that viewership will hopefully increase once the Haskell storyline is put to bed for good.

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I wonder if some regular viewers are sick of Haskell and have stopped watching.

7. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I watch CSI every night without fail and i gotta admit the Haskell thing is driving me nuts but i enjoy the other storylines more than Haskell if that makes sense.

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's what I have to think too. Hopefully they haven't stopped watching for good, even though Ray and Haskell seem to have divided the viewership. Miami is supposedly certain to come back, and CSI doesn't seem to have worse ratings than Miami, right? Even with repeats, I usually see CSI in the top 25, at least according to my Entertainment Weekly mag.

It does. I watch no matter what also. I won't turn my back on the rest of the team just because I'm tired of Rascal. :lol:

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

CSI: Vegas is getting renewed, you can count on it.
    But is anyone else feeling like they might dump CSI: NY and move Vegas to it's slot, Friday @ 9? I'm feeling like that might happen.

I read somewhere that the CSI: NY is the only CSI show that doesn't leave off on a cliff-hanger this season. Maybe the CBS executives told the writers to wrap it up because it's not coming back? Both Vegas and Miami will have cliffhangers.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's a possibility. From what I've seen and heard online it sounds like they weren't sure about NY returning and purposely wrote a finale that could serve as a series finale if CBS decided to dump the show. I know Gary, AJ and Sela all have Twitter and all have said none of the cast and crew has any clue if they are returning or not.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. CSI started on Friday, so it would be a full circle kind of thing. Moving to Friday means a smaller budget, though.
    I honestly think there may be a master plan in place by CBS to one-by-one eliminate the CSI franchise from its prime time schedule, with the mothership being the last one standing. It's a valuable franchise, but it's also costly. I can see Miami lasting one more year, then LV getting at least two, or more.

Here is a little bit of good news; CSI is #2 on this list of America's favorite tv shows for 2010. (NCIS is #1-no surprise there)
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-bones-house-several-current-shows-rank/91686

I think this is something CBS can't ignore. So, CSI: should be around for a while longer.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I figured they were still low, all the people that were hit by the tornados, and some didn't tune in cause they are just sick of Raskell, I would but I'm still too loyal to CSI

^CSI taking the 9pm Friday slot, I could see CSI moving next season, I'd say it or The Good Wife take that slot if they cancel NY

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Up a bit in the finals:10.67 million viewers and a 2.3 in the 18/49 rating.

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

CSI is still popular but not what it used to be, so I can totally see that happening. I have a bad feeling NY will "die" this year, or at least be demoted to mid-season pickup. As you said, Miami will probably go next year, then Vegas after that.

Theres only so far you can justify spending so much money on shows that are dropping in ratings so rapidly, especially when you have shows like "NCIS" that is reaching series highs in viewers almost every week.

For me, "NCIS Los Angeles" was the final nail in CSI's coffin, its like they were saying "this is our new big earning franchise, so CSI can move to crappy time-slots, so they can die without arousing suspicion"

If NY ends I'd love to see some of the characters tranfer to Miami & Vegas, and if Miami is cancelled then some of the characters should be transferred to Vegas too (I'd LOVE to see Tripp play off against Brass :guffaw:)

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I can't help but blame the decline to Haskell storyline. Yes there are still 10+ million viewers but maybe like me, some are watching just to see their favorite characters or just the sake of completing the episodes.

I agree CSI: is here to stay and I think it will be the last one standing in the franchise.