Ratings Discussion

Got this link from another site. It's a pretty interesting story in The Economist on the aging viewer (also newspapers, books, music). The median age of the CSI viewers is about 55 according to the graph. It talks about that 'all important' 18-49 demographic, and it sounds like it may not be all that important any more.

Media's Ageing Audiences: Peggy Sue Got Old

Susan

Thanks for the article Blackflag, it was interesting reading!

It won't be long before I'm out of their ideal demographic, and basically the commercials they jam down my throat when I watch tv are not meaningful at all to me any more. :lol:

I love my crime dramas and comedies, but you won't catch me watching soap operas or teeny bopper shows. I relate to the ages of our people on CSI!! :cool:

I watched Bump and Grind anyway, repeat or not, and while the viewership was down, as a repeat, it wasn't much lower than some of the numbers that CSI NY are pulling in on new eps, which I watch too.

Well, it's good to see the numbers improved over last week, even for a repeat! :cool:

I personally liked Fracked better than Bump & Grind, but I will always watch any of them regardless. I like to do my share for the ratings ;)

Last edited:
I saw the ratings for all the shows last night. I wonder how much all the ratings were affected by the people in 6 or so states without power...

On zap2it.com it said that the NBA playoffs and the NFL draft could also have had something to do with it. Numbers were lower than normal for everything, including American Idol. And Steve Carrell's much-ballyhooed last appearance on "The Office" did not bring in the big numbers I'm sure NBC was hoping for.

Even tho the number is low, it was still the highest amount of viewers in the time slot, beating Grey's and The Office. Weird. Maybe everyone went to bed early to get up for the royal wedding. :lol:

CSI
- 10.842 million viewers
- 6.8/10 HH
- 2.4/6 A18-49

It went up slightly in the finals, but still not good.

I think they were all watching 'Swamp People'. :lol: I have friends who absolutely love that show, and it's viewership was close to a series high last nite! (it's on at 9 on the History channel)

There is a lot of competition out there and I've read a lot of excuses, but the 'going to bed early to get up for the royal wedding' made me lol. Although, that may apply more to Grey's Anatomy viewers. :)

The next 2 episodes ratings will be the tell, I think, as to whether or not viewers have any interest in Ray's trials and tribulations; or if they prefer Swamp People. **joking!** no flames, please.

I think a lot of competition on Thursday nights is an issue. More than it use to be, plus there was a lot of sports stuff on too.

I wasn't going to bed early for the wedding, I was going to the Space Shuttle launch today that got scrubbed. :(

Series low for CSI last night...:(
Father Of The Bride brought 10.52 million viewers and a 2.3 in the 18/49 rating.

:bolian:That's fabulous, and on the "Royal wedding" it was re-runed like mega times the next day, over and over and over again. I think 10 million is extrodinary~

Back